PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next [Class] The Seeker, a class for delvers of secrets [PEACH!]

Secret Wizard
2018-03-06, 06:09 PM
The Seeker [GMBinder link] (https://www.gmbinder.com/share/-L6sbr0H-7zrOzOj20Vb)

Please critique! Looking for as much input as possible.

My current concerns are:

1. Is this justifiable as a class? I always wanted a more INT-based martial, and I was missing a pulpy action hero type, a class I could associate with archaeologists and detectives and such.

2. Do you want more subclasses? I have another spell-based one in mind (The Keymaster, focuses on planar abilities).

3. Is Studied Combat robust enough as a feature?

Anyway, thanks!

JNAProductions
2018-03-06, 06:50 PM
One Step Ahead is way too good. Dodging, effectively, as a reaction? No.

Can't read the other subclasses, since they're cut off.

Overall, it doesn't feel OP or anything... It just doesn't feel like much. There's a few interesting things here, but I don't think there's enough to warrant an entire class. Perhaps remake it as a subclass, of Fighter, for instance?

Secret Wizard
2018-03-06, 07:02 PM
I remade One Step Ahead into granting an attack if enemy misses, so you can have a chance to grapple them.

Other subclasses not loading? Odd...

Most of the identity comes from the subclass tricks, so no doubt it doesn't jibe with you that much!

Secret Wizard
2018-03-07, 01:51 PM
UPDATE:

- New subclass

- Some balance and wording changes

Secret Wizard
2018-03-12, 04:57 PM
Update!

- Another subclass!

- New subclass summary table.

Secret Wizard
2018-03-19, 09:01 PM
MAJOR UPDATE!

Changes are too long to list, but the class has truly come to its own on this patch.