PDA

View Full Version : Celestia's Finest: Luna's Technicolor Dreamcoat Version

Miltonian
2018-03-06, 08:09 PM
"Testing, testing, one, two, three," Sweetie Belle says over the voice-chat, "Is this thing working?"

"Ah can hear ya loud an' clear," Apple Bloom answers.

"You're in the same computer as me. Of course you can hear me."

Apple Bloom did not reply to that.

"VR online! Generating envier...environment," Scootaloo says.

The world twists and morphs into a blue-wire waiting room. Scootaloo, Apple Bloom, and Sweetie Belle appear in a flash of light. Scootaloo immediately takes to the air and does a flip, a huge grin on her face. She comes to a nice hover and circles Love's head.

"I love VR," she says.

Elbeyon
2018-03-07, 08:09 PM
Love affirms, "I can hear you loud and clear."

A black hexagon appears about five feet in the air and slides down over nothing until bit by bit it reveals a a batpony with a black cape.

The digital signature was definitely Love.

A change of avatar, Love flips it to a robot unicorn with blue white hair and a curved electrified horn. She flips it to LoveBotV2.0. A golden unicorn with a golden embroidery, white cape & magical flaming sword floating near her. A light brown earth pony with a sword woven into her hair. A crystal pony that is transparent with over-sized earphones. A paper model of Discord. A bleached white pony with blond white hair and princely clothes.

She stops on regular Love. Not LoveBot, but regular old, smaller, weaker looking Love.

She glances up at the flying pony, then the other two in front of her. She agrees with a big old smile, "VR is great! It's generated faster than a pony can explore it all. The works never end!"

Miltonian
2018-03-07, 08:38 PM
In response to Love's little show, the three of them change into robotic looking forms of themselves. Sweetie Belle folds gatling guns out of her back. Scootaloo has lightning crackle between her forehooves. And Apple Bloom cracks the ground with legs merged with piledrivers. Then they revert to normal, giggling.

"We can be scary," Sweetie says.

"The scariest," Scootaloo agrees.

Apple Bloom clears her throat. "Alright, Crusader Clan! Ya'll know what we're here for. We're gonna play games and chew bubble gum! Er, that's how the sayin' goes, right?" She looks to Love.

Elbeyon
2018-03-08, 08:13 AM
Love hadn't intended to show off. She was being indecisive with her avatar. Still. "Cool! Awesome!" She cheers as each displays chain gun, lightening, & martial prowess. She wonders if combat skills will come up at all.

Love tilts her head. "Take names and kick flank?" She more asks if that's what she meant than corrects her. The phrase was pretty off the mark if that's what she meant. "I enjoy some good bubble gum!" Love summons up a piece of gum the size of a loaf bread as her part of her and takes a bite. She chews and blows a bubble. "I like it!"

Miltonian
2018-03-08, 01:23 PM
Eager to leave that debacle behind, Apple Bloom changes the subject. "Alright. So, we got eight games that Mister Discord gave t' us."

"I want to play the zombie one," Scootaloo says.

Sweetie Belle's eyes went very wide. "No!" she said, "No zombies!"

"Ah like the Pokey-man one," Apple Bloom says.

Elbeyon
2018-03-09, 01:17 PM
Love pulls up an amber holo menu in front of her and starts looking over her choices. She scrolls up and down the large font tittles.

A shiver goes up her spine at the idea of a brainless pony / zombie game. "No zombies, for sure."

"The long war sounds a little too long..." She scrolls through again.

"I've never played the Dreamcoat Edition." She chuckles. "Pokey-man sounds fun!"

"They always start out so cute!"

Miltonian
2018-03-16, 02:27 PM
Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle grin. Scootaloo shrugs. "Eh, it's alright. It'll be more fun to do it with friends than it would be alone."

Apple Bloom throws a foreleg around her shoulders. "Well now ain't ya glad they made it multi-player?"

Scootaloo frowns. "What? It wasn't always?"

"The franchise started out as a single-player game with the ability to fight other players using 'link cables'," Sweetie Bellie says, "But that got boring."

"Well let's play!" Apple Bloom says, "Computer, load 'Luna's Techna-coller Dreamcoat Edition'!"

"Loading. Game," the computer replies. The icon flashes on the wall and a door appears below it.

"I call first!" Scootaloo says and dashes through.

"Hey! I thought you wanted to play...And she's gone." Sweetie Belle sighs. "After you, 'Bloom."

They too pass through the door and Love is left alone in the loading room.

Elbeyon
2018-03-16, 03:54 PM
Love brings a hoof up to her mouth and giggles. A quick glance goes around the room as she looks for anything strange or easter eggs, then she happily trots along through the door. A world of adventure awaits! What will they discover? What challenges will proceed them!? Love can feel her fake heart pumping with excitement. "I'm coming too!", she calls out behind them.

Miltonian
2018-03-16, 06:50 PM
For a brief moment, Love sees the words, "Good luck! Have fun!" flash across the walls. Then, she steps through the door and into a theater of sorts. The Crusaders are already seated, eating popcorn and sipping soda, as the stallion onscreen, Professor Cyprus, gives the usual spiel explaining Pokemon and the world they inhabit in simple, easy to understand words. Love can easily slip in next to them.

However, unlike any version she's played before, at the end of the speech, they are immediately prompted to 'Choose a Pokemon'.

The Crusaders study it intently, expecting some further explanation or instruction. "So...what're our three choices?" Sweetie Belle asks.

The words on the screen change. "Choose ANY Pokemon."

"Oooh!" the three chorus.