PDA

View Full Version : Magic Trap

Chiaramonte
2018-03-07, 06:00 PM
Hi, I'm new here.
I know it's probably listed somewhere, but I don't want swim through the ocean of reference to find it. How would I set up a magical trap to summon swarm in a dungeon that has been abandoned for centuries? I want to provide an element of creepiness and bother to a somewhat jaded and otherwise powerful party. I know about the Summon Swarm spell, but I'm not as well versed in Pathfinder mechanics as old school D&D. what spell triggers are available for a dungeon?

LibraryOgre
2018-03-07, 06:55 PM
Are you asking about Pathfinder or old-school AD&D? Pathfinder goes under the "D&D 3e/3.5e/d20" subforum.

If you're talking AD&D, then you're looking at the 3rd level Cleric spell "Glyph of Warding"... it's a somewhat nebulous spell, but "Stores a 2nd level spell" is a pretty reasonable use of it.

Chiaramonte
2018-03-07, 09:57 PM
Okay, I saw Pathfinder posts on here and thought this was the place. Still learning the system. It is PF I was asking about. Do I need to move it or do you do that? If it's me, how do I do that?

LibraryOgre
2018-03-08, 01:14 PM
Okay, I saw Pathfinder posts on here and thought this was the place. Still learning the system. It is PF I was asking about. Do I need to move it or do you do that? If it's me, how do I do that?

The Mod Wonder: Moved it. In the future, if you need a topic moved, just PM a mod, and we can do it. As my sig says, include a link; it saves a LOT of time.

Afgncaap5
2018-03-08, 02:04 PM
Glyph Of Warding (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/g/glyph-of-warding/) would still probably do it, actually. Any spell of 3rd level or lower in Pathfinder, and it has instructions for how it handles stored spells that summon monsters.

Chiaramonte
2018-03-08, 03:58 PM
Thanks. That was kind of the direction I was leaning towards, I just didn't want it to be a multi-class, or some cliché like that. I was advised I could do it with a witch, though.