PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Gravetouched Ghoul and Necrotic Reserve?

PrediDERP
2018-03-07, 08:49 PM
Would a Gravetouched Ghoul's Ghoul Fever (LM 104) qualify for the Necrotic Reserve feat (LM 28)? If it does, how would creating the reserve work? Would the Ghoul have to wait the 1 day incubation period to gain the reserve or could you gain the reserve simply by killing and eating something?

Venger
2018-03-07, 09:02 PM
Would a Gravetouched Ghoul's Ghoul Fever (LM 104) qualify for the Necrotic Reserve feat (LM 28)? If it does, how would creating the reserve work? Would the Ghoul have to wait the 1 day incubation period to gain the reserve or could you gain the reserve simply by killing and eating something?

That's not what that means.

It's not just referring to causing some effect that will cause ability damage or ability drain later on, it's referring to things like a vampire's blood drain or shadow's strength drain. you aren't draining the ability yourself, the disease is doing it.

fortunately, draining a creature's life force is not a meaningful rules term, so killing and eating a bag of rats is probably kosher.

Zaq
2018-03-07, 09:56 PM
killing and eating a bag of rats is probably kosher.

No context necessary.

Venger
2018-03-07, 10:02 PM
No context necessary.

feel free to sig away and quote it out of context

Goaty14
2018-03-08, 12:38 AM
feel free to sig away and quote it out of context

Okey :smallwink:

Venger
2018-03-08, 12:39 AM
Okey :smallwink:

thank you kindly, I'm flattered.

enderlord99
2018-03-08, 04:07 AM
I know jerboa are kosher and that mice, shrews, and mole-rats aren't. I'm not sure as to rats, because they aren't mentioned on the Wikipedia page.

EDIT: What's the proper procedure for when you suddenly realize that your post is against the rules, but people have already responded to it?

Inevitability
2018-03-08, 08:01 AM
"whatever goes on its belly, and whatever goes on all fours, or whatever has many feet, any swarming thing that swarms on the ground, you shall not eat, for they are detestable."

I think that includes rats?

Falontani
2018-03-08, 10:24 AM
"whatever goes on its belly, and whatever goes on all fours, or whatever has many feet, any swarming thing that swarms on the ground, you shall not eat, for they are detestable."

I think that includes rats?

And cows and pigs...

Venger
2018-03-08, 12:33 PM
And cows and pigs...

Cows are kosher because they both chew cud and have split hooves. Pigs are not because they do not chew cud.

redwizard007
2018-03-08, 06:20 PM
Cows are kosher because they both chew cud and have split hooves. Pigs are not because they do not chew cud.

If you are familiar with the rules on this, would you mind spelling them out. I would love to learn something about another culture today. Why is cud chewing a trump for going on all 4? And what do hooves have to do with anything?

LibraryOgre
2018-03-09, 05:00 PM
The Mod Wonder: Please avoid discussions of real-world religions on the boards.