PDA

View Full Version : 8 attacks in one nova turn at level 10

Spacehamster
2018-03-08, 06:18 AM
Open hand monk 5, gloom stalker 3, fighter 2.

Start stats: 8/17/14/10/16/8 at 4 gloom take elven accuracy.

Do one attack, use ki for flurry to knock prone, use 2nd flurry bonus attack and 2 remaining attack action attacks, action surge for another
3 attacks. If you prone the enemy you make 6 attacks with advantage. Best used with elven accuracy.

Build would then take levels to 12 Open hand 4 Champ and 4 Gloom stalker. Max DEX and WIS + mobile perhaps.

End stats would be: 8/20/14/10/20/8 with 65ft movement(75 ft on round 1)

What do you guys think of this build?

Mortis_Elrod
2018-03-08, 07:16 AM
Open hand monk 5, gloom stalker 3, fighter 2.

Start stats: 8/17/14/10/16/8 at 4 gloom take elven accuracy.

Do one attack, use ki for flurry to knock prone, use 2nd flurry bonus attack and 2 remaining attack action attacks, action surge for another
3 attacks. If you prone the enemy you make 6 attacks with advantage. Best used with elven accuracy.

Build would then take levels to 12 Open hand 4 Champ and 4 Gloom stalker. Max DEX and WIS + mobile perhaps.

End stats would be: 8/20/14/10/20/8 with 65ft movement(75 ft on round 1)

What do you guys think of this build?

Nothing wrong here. If you want any 8 attacks though there are other ways. Ek/gloomstalker with haste can get 8 attacks with the last being twfing .

But yeah it’s good build.

Lombra
2018-03-08, 07:45 AM
I think DA is overhyped and really something not to build for. Your reasoning has no mistakes tho.

Spacehamster
2018-03-08, 08:05 AM
I think DA is overhyped and really something not to build for. Your reasoning has no mistakes tho.

It’s good but not in an epic or game breaking way I totally agree, but having a great first round of combat can really turn a hard encounter into a normal or easy one, fits nice to conserve your limited ki points for round one too where they can really make a big difference. :)

Think what mainly appeals so much to people about the DA is that it’s a guaranteed extra attack and the fact that it grants darkvision(improved darkvision).