PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Efficient Dips 1 and 2

ZorroGames
2018-03-08, 10:25 AM
As always these will be Mountain Dwarf builds and character trumps optimization so there is that aspect to consider.

Playing with a MC idea from PeteNutButter’s guide (currently Paladin 2, going Bard for up to 6 levels before possibly adding 2 levels of Paladin - “Battle Hymnist” mode.) St 16, De 10, Co 15, In 8, Wi 12, Ch 15. Level 4 would see +1 Co and +1 Ch.

If this plays well then thinking of experimenting with his “Spell Smiter” design 6 Paladin dipping 3+ Sorc. This one is not so intuitive to me. What order should I take the levels for this build/goal?

This second character would start st 17, De 10, Co 15, In 8, Wi 10, Ch 15. Thinking Level 4 +1 Co and +1 Ch with a TBD feat for +1 St later.

Citan
2018-03-08, 02:47 PM
As always these will be Mountain Dwarf builds and character trumps optimization so there is that aspect to consider.

Playing with a MC idea from PeteNutButter’s guide (currently Paladin 2, going Bard for up to 6 levels before possibly adding 2 levels of Paladin - “Battle Hymnist” mode.) St 16, De 10, Co 15, In 8, Wi 12, Ch 15. Level 4 would see +1 Co and +1 Ch.

If this plays well then thinking of experimenting with his “Spell Smiter” design 6 Paladin dipping 3+ Sorc. This one is not so intuitive to me. What order should I take the levels for this build/goal?

This second character would start st 17, De 10, Co 15, In 8, Wi 10, Ch 15. Thinking Level 4 +1 Co and +1 Ch with a TBD feat for +1 St later.
Hi!

Honestly you have several ways to go.
The most usual one is starting straight Paladin up to 6 (for Aura of Protection) or 7 (if Ancients) then starting Sorcerer because it's overall a great package and it makes you a great asset whatever the party you are in.

With that said, the other often advised choice is Paladin 2 (sometimes 3) then go to town, relying mainly on weapon cantrips for attacks, compensating through much better nova capabitility compared to a pure Paladin.

I think in order for the forum to help you efficiently, we could all use a bit more information, like, what features or kind of tactics are you mainly interested in? Or do you have any idea of the probable party composition? Or about the level at which your character would retire...