PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Complete Psionic - Energy Emanation

InterstellarPro
2018-03-08, 11:26 AM
Question about the Complete Psionic power: Energy Emanation (pg86-87)

The power claims that it offers no save, yet its augmentation and its energy types all increase its save DC. I could find no errata on it. Is there a reason to believe that it really offers no save? Or should it be reflex half?

ExLibrisMortis
2018-03-08, 11:29 AM
The power offers no save; the virtual save DC may become relevant when you add certain metapsionic effects to energy emanation (I can't think of a psionic example, but think Born of Three Thunders).

InterstellarPro
2018-03-08, 11:35 AM
The power offers no save; the virtual save DC may become relevant when you add certain metapsionic effects to energy emanation (I can't think of a psionic example, but think Born of Three Thunders).

I posted too soon. I kept searching and found an unofficial official errata (in theory, it came from WotC, but they never published it on their website). Anyway, it removes the sentence from the Augmentation that deals with increasing the save DC, but it does not remove the increase of save DC from the Electricity version of the power. I assume that was meant to be removed as well.

But, I see your point. Maybe the language should not be removed? Anyway, without metapsionic effects, I will consider the power to have no save. Thanks!