PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Mechanics for tickling?

SangoProduction
2018-03-08, 04:25 PM
I have a concept for a Gnome Fey Adept (Spheres of Power), with speciality in stealth/illusions (including invisibility), and like to annoy their opponents, much like the original fae liked to "prank" people. One of the thoughts that crept in to my mind was him walking in to their square (Athletics sphere) and tickling them.

And so now I am here, asking whether tickling is actually something you can mechanically do.

Palanan
2018-03-08, 04:30 PM
In fact a nightgaunt (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/monstrous-humanoids/nightgaunt/) can tickle a grappled or helpless target, and the tickling does have a mechanical effect--but only mild nausea, which is a little disappointing.

I've been hoping to find a stronger tickling mechanic, since in some Russian folktales a rusalka can tickle a person to death. Haven't found anything like that yet.

Bucky
2018-03-08, 05:47 PM
As GM I'd treat it as a Dirty Trick maneuver to temporarily cause the Sickened condition.

SangoProduction
2018-03-08, 06:24 PM
As GM I'd treat it as a Dirty Trick maneuver to temporarily cause the Sickened condition.

ooooo. Now that's interesting.

Geddy2112
2018-03-09, 12:14 PM

Second. You could also swing entangled if the target's mobility is limited due to being tickled. Blinded maybe too, if they are laughing so hard their eyes are closed.

Mordaedil
2018-03-13, 03:02 AM
Also consider suffocation rules if prolonged tickling.

Hunter Noventa
2018-03-13, 10:29 AM
If you're making it a dirty trick, perhaps the severity of the tickling (sickened/nauseated/entangled) could be determined by how much you win the roll by?

Conversely, having thick clothing or armor, or non-humanoid anatomy, would probably give a bonus to resist tickling.

NomGarret
2018-03-13, 12:45 PM
You could easily drop 3-5 talents in the Scoundrel sphere if you want to go this route. Distracting Trickery, Focused Thievery, Filthy Distraction to name a few.