PDA

View Full Version : Evil Druid Organizations

PrincessOfNight
2018-03-09, 02:37 PM
I'm GMing for a group playing in the 3e/3.5 version of the Forgotten Realms. And I need to come up with an Organization that evil Druids would be a part of.

I tried looking in the Campaign Setting and Player's Guide to Faerun, but I didn't see anything specifically dealing with Evil Nature Cultists.

If one already exists, that I missed, I would love to hear about it. Or if anyone has made their own, I would love some inspiration.

Palanan
2018-03-09, 02:47 PM
There's always the cult of Malar, evil deity of the hunt and the savage wilderness. Sounds about right for evil druids.

FelineArchmage
2018-03-09, 02:49 PM
It's an Eberron specific groups, but try looking up the Ashbound and Children of Winter. They are druidic sects stationed in the Eldeen Reaches of Khorvaire. They don't see themselves as evil, but from their actions it's easy for those not in their groups to see them as evil.

You can always refluff for whatever setting you're playing in.

PrincessOfNight
2018-03-09, 02:52 PM
There's always the cult of Malar, evil deity of the hunt and the savage wilderness. Sounds about right for evil druids.

That sounds perfect, I'll look into that one.

It's an Eberron specific groups, but try looking up the Ashbound and Children of Winter. They are druidic sects stationed in the Eldeen Reaches of Khorvaire. They don't see themselves as evil, but from their actions it's easy for those not in their groups to see them as evil.

You can always refluff for whatever setting you're playing in.

Eberron is cool. I've already stolen the Greensigners, and classes like the Planar Shepherds.

hamishspence
2018-03-09, 03:02 PM
The Eldreth Veluuthra (elf supremacist organisation) has their own druids - one of the main leaders is a druid lich:

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Eldreth_Veluuthra

A.A.King
2018-03-09, 03:05 PM
The Reapers is a rather obvious name for an organisation of Evil Druid Assassins I once made for a character. Sometimes you have to cut down a tree because it's preventing the growth around it, and sometimes you have to carefully maintain the size of a herd of animals so that it doesn't outgrow it's food source (remember kids, Bambi's mothers died so that Bambi could live). The Reapers not only maintain the natural world following those guidelines, but also civilization. People are a part of nature too and should be treated as such. They aren't the 'kill all other humans' type of evil-druid, but they will assassinate the city mayor if his plans for the city would make it grow to fast (thereby not only destroying nature but also nearby villages which might dry out because people are moving to the Big City). Similarly, in the larger cities they will have a sort of 'hunting' season on the citizen's to make sure that the population size doesn't grow beyond a certain number (because then they wouldn't have to take more land to feed everyone which in turn affects the balance of nature). Of course, this hunting is a lore more clandestine than our real world sport, they would use diseases or poison (that would probably go undetected when used on average joe the commoner in a medieval setting) to make sure that people don't realise their organization exists

The Viscount
2018-03-09, 05:38 PM
Talontar Blightlords are a group of evil druids from Unapproachable East.

Nifft
2018-03-09, 05:47 PM
Malar, Auril, Talona (venomous / poisonous animals), Talos (lightning is very Druid)... really just scroll through the Evil Gods section of FR, there are a lot of possible divine sponsors. Anything with an Elemental domain, or a weather domain, or a season, or plants, or animals.

Or skip the unifying divine sponsor and have the group be brought together by some other principle, with each one having a separate faith.

Other evil "nature" ideas:

- "It's natural that the strong should rule the weak, and do as we like with them. You will live as our prey until such time as we tire of you. Eenie, meenie, miney, moe -- you, start running."

- "An alpha wolf takes the mates he wants. So give me your daughter, and or this whole village will be burned to ash as the mid-winter sacrifice."

- "A forest fire is how nature renews the soil. So here I am, renewing the city with fire. Beautiful, isn't it?"

ShurikVch
2018-03-09, 07:19 PM
The Eldreth Veluuthra in Faerūn (Champions of Ruin)

The Children of Winter in Eberron

Dark Talon lizardfolk tribe (Monster Manual IV)

Shadow-Bound (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20030728a)

The Cult of the Ravenous Maw (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20030428a)

Braininthejar2
2018-03-09, 08:24 PM
Then there are Shadow Druids, who are basically eco-terrorists.

retaliation08
2018-03-11, 02:23 PM
I second the Ashbound. I flavor them as militant terrorist types. To join their ranks, one must take a vow of poverty and ceremonially burn all of their unnatural worldly possessions. They then bathe in the resultant ashes, never washing the ash and wearing it as a symbol of pride and purity. The cult seeks to turn all civilization and its relics to ash to be reclaimed by the earth. They burn farmsteads and cities, renewing their ash baths in the ashy remains of such attacks.