PDA

View Full Version : The Rush Of Something New (To Me)

Pex
2018-03-10, 10:18 PM
Today I had an opportunity to play a 7th level Battle Master fighter using maneuvers and Action Surge while hasted, something I never experienced before. For that one round I was in awe of 5E. Nothing else mattered. I've said before despite my gripes of the game I do enjoy playing it. When those moments of awesomeness happen you "win D&D".

Crgaston
2018-03-10, 10:39 PM
Nice!

Reminds me of the first time I got to drop Hunger of Hadar with my first 5e caster. About a dozen charging gnolls... and Repelling Blasting them back in when they popped out.

Kane0
2018-03-10, 11:30 PM
Ah, good times. The sorts of moments you remember why you love to play.

I had one of those lovely moments during a one shot a while back, before Xanathar's came out. Level 14, testing out the UA Elven Accuracy on a dual wielding Champion 12 / Barbarian 2 and getting at least one crit each round the entire time.

bc56
2018-03-11, 04:59 PM
I had one yesterday. My paladin got double crits on a round of attacks, with searing smite up, and burned a level 3 divine smite on each attack. I was rolling in D8s, and did almost 100 damage in a round for the first time ever. One round later, the boss pops a chain lightning. I block with shield master, rogue dodges with evasion, ranger makes his save, and the sorcerer got fully hit, but then the boss rolled ~25 damage for the spell, so it dealt maybe 40 total. Quite a session.