PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Flurry of Blows clarificatiom

Raymith
2018-03-11, 05:51 PM
Sorry if this is somewhere else, I couldn't find it.

Does anyone happen to know if Two Weapon Fighting stacks with Flurry of Blows? Meaning if I'm using 2 monk weapons that can be used with Flurry of blows, could that be used to get an attack with each weapon per added attack with the Flurry? Or would it be like Reckless attack but without the AC penalty where it's just an additional attack?

MeeposFire
2018-03-11, 05:57 PM
they stack but it is just one extra attack. So for example a level 1 monk with TWF could make 3 attacks with a full attack action (1 normal, 1 flurry, 1 TWF) with a total of -4 penalty (-2 each for TWF and flurry) to hit assuming you are using light weapons.

Kelb_Panthera
2018-03-11, 05:59 PM
They do stack but not as you've described. Flurry gives you one extra attack with your primary weapon in exchange for a -2 for all your attacks that turn. You can also get attacks with your off-hand by taking penalties according to the table at the end of the combat chapter of the PHB. These do not interact with each other at all except in that their penalties stack.

Raymith
2018-03-11, 05:59 PM
Much appreciated, especially for the quick response!

Seharvepernfan
2018-03-11, 06:03 PM
also you can stack rapid shot in there if you're using monk weapons that can be thrown, such as shuriken, giving you yet another attack and bringing the penalty to -6 each

Ramza00
2018-03-11, 06:12 PM
also you can stack rapid shot in there if you're using monk weapons that can be thrown, such as shuriken, giving you yet another attack and bringing the penalty to -6 each

Just a reminder for monks, Blood Wind (Wizard / Sorc 1, Cleric 1) is awesome. With Blood Wind, Your natural weapons including monk unarmed strikes are now ranged weapons and melee weapons.

Also a cool thing about this spell is it is a great wand spell for familiars. Have a familiar spend its swift action to cast Blood Wind, and its standard action to cast Benign Transposition moving the various pc members and summoned monsters around the battlefield.

Add in snap kick for -8.

animewatcha
2018-03-11, 06:25 PM
Alright. Through shenanigans and RAW galore, how many attacks can we have the monk do at the highest bonus-attack-penalty-from-the-stacking possible?

Âmesang
2018-03-11, 09:08 PM
So I'm probably way, way off on this… but years ago I attempted to stat out Street Fighter's Gouki/Akuma (among others):
https://www.schadenfreudestudios.com/dnd/nonogl/nonogl_npcs_cameo.htm

The idea was to make him a fighter 4/monk 16+ so he'd have a base attack bonus of +16 and giving him the likes of Perfect Two-Weapon Fighting, Blinding Speed (for haste), and Snap Kick so, when combined with flurry of blows, was supposed to result in a 12-hit full round attack (augmented with Dire Charge, Greater Powerful Charge, and Shock Trooper).

…granted, this was based on the idea of using an unarmed strike for both flurry of blows and two-weapon fighting, and I don't doubt that everything is very wrong; in my defense I first made up these stats well over a decade ago and barely knew what I was doing. :smallannoyed: