PDA

View Full Version : 5e modern July 4th weekend

gryffydd65
2018-03-11, 07:58 PM
11:43 A.M.

The drive down Glendale was moderately busy for a Saturday. Well it was the weekend and the first of the month and when the holiday was added together it made for the perfect storm. You could tell that when you pulled into the Walmart parking lot which was almost completely filled.

Ooc roll 1d8 and 1d2 and 1d10.
First roll is Row, second is left side or right , third roll is which space closest to the door. On the first roll 1-4 is pharmacy and general merchandise,5-8 is groceries .

The place is jam packed with shoppers, all trying to get their fourth of July shopping and the first of the month groceries . On the pharmacy side an old man in a yellow vest greets each customer , he talks into a head set. On the grocery side , a young woman in the same yellow vest and walkie talks back.

Ooc time to take out your list, if you came in on pharmacy , you may shop for any non food items, then you can shop on grocery then shop for food and alcohol .if you came in on food side you can shop for food and then non food items.

GideonBurkheart
2018-03-12, 04:53 PM
John was frustrated. Why on earth did he wait so long to go buy fireworks?! For the 4th of July no less! And to top it off he was stuck almost at the end of the Walmart parking lot. Trying to quickly make his way into the store, he got rid of his frustrated demeanor. He makes sure to check over his 9mm as he puts it on safe and stashed it and his holster into the glove-box of his 2011 Ford Focus.

He greets the door man with a friendly and hearty, "Good morning to you too, fine sir!" along with many of the people around him. He was a very friendly guy and openly greeted many people as he walked down the long trek from his car.

He tries to find a good amount of sparklers and bigger fireworks from whatever is in the leftover stock. Going through the rest of the isles in sporting goods, he picks up a survival kit, thinking it could be a good conversation starter if not being used as an actual first aid kit. Never know what might happen at a party, as he chuckles to himself.

Making his way to the grocery isles he thinks about the people that would be there. Hmm vodka for some. Lots of Miller lite for me. Ha even some of this fake wine for the children! Oh right, food! Brats definitely sound good. Maybe some cheesy and some spicy.

Thinking his shopping is pretty much done, so he makes his way towards the registers, politely getting by people just standing in his way and trying not to make too much coversion now.

always_confused
2018-03-17, 11:20 PM
Noelle Chen
Walmart

It was hard not to feel frustrated at the entire situation as I belated tried to get something, anything, for the party later. Hadn't planned for it, at all, but so many coworkers and acquaintances told me get out of the house sometime. I couldn't completely argue against them and decided to give it a chance. Considering the situation now though, perhaps I should've refused...

Still frustrated, I make my way inside the jam-packed store, though I do my best to give a friendly greeting and smile to the old greeter at the entrance. Inside the store...great, just great. The wave of bodies surges back and forth. I hastily grab whatever fireworks remain and the rest of the items on my shopping list. Most of the items are for the 'adults' of the party. For the kids, I made several family recipes that'd go great as snacks and as meals. Have them packed, sealed and fresh in the back of my car.

With my shopping done, I make my way to the registers and wait in the annoyingly long line. I try to keep a cool composure and ignore everyone else around me, which is a bit difficult when several of the people around are parents of the children I teach. I make polite talk with them as they express their condolences for my loss. Internally I'm screaming at everyone to shut up. I didn't need that brought up there and then...

Khaibit
2018-03-25, 11:38 AM
Can't believe I waited until the last minute again. I really need to start planning ahead for crap like this. James thinks as he pulls into the crowded parking lot. Spotting someone pulling out just as he arrives he darts his car into the spot before any of the other opportunists can take it.

Ignoring the greeter in the jostling crowd he grabs a cart and tries to dart in and grab the party supplies. It doesn't go super well, what with the vicious old ladies and their massive shopping carts wielded with decades of experience. Struggling to keep his fingers and toes unsmashed, James grabs the nonperishable items first, snagging the last pack of the good fireworks as he forces his way to the grocery side for the meet and booze that he know he was expected to bring.

Realizing that he's going to be late he doesn't look too closely as he tosses whatever grill-friendly meat he can find into his cart.

Drakeburn
2018-03-25, 10:44 PM
Dillon couldn't believe his luck. First he's starting to come down with a something, and then he found that he didn't have anything in his medicine cabinet that could help. So here he is, in the Walmart pharmacy looking for something that can help with his cold. If he can get that done, then he could move on to getting the things he needed to bring for some neighborhood barbecue.

spinningdice
2018-03-26, 04:25 AM
Susan Hunt

Well that's about as far away as I can be Susan mentally cursed as she walked around to the other side of the shop.
Bet the shelves are nearly empty by this time too. she moves as quickly as she can through the thronging crowds trying to buy whatever reasonable items are left.
Should probably grab some headache pills on the way out too, this weekend is a headache already...

gryffydd65
2018-03-26, 10:21 AM
John just leaving sporting goods .
Noelle in line to leave.
James in the meat section.
Dillon in pharmacy .
Susan just leaving grocery side heading to pharmacy .

As you all continue to shop , all the televisions in the store get louder and a beeping sound is clearly heard . "This is the emergency signal all people should make their way to The Glass Bowl or 5/3 Field . " It continues twice . At the same time every cell phone starts buzzing and an amber alert gives out the same information as the emergency signal .

spinningdice
2018-03-26, 10:36 AM
Susan Hunt

Susan takes a look around, If this is some prank..., before checking her location and heading to the nearest designated area.

gryffydd65
2018-03-26, 01:20 PM
A loud piercing screech comes from all the televisions and phones , the sound is over bearing and every person in the store collapses.

Susan made it between the last two cash registers and the exit near pharmacy .

Every on else collapsed where they last were.

Ooc I will allow everyone a chance to stand before I tell you what has happened .

always_confused
2018-03-26, 01:30 PM
John just leaving sporting goods .
Noelle in line to leave.
James in the meat section.
Dillon in pharmacy .
Susan just leaving grocery side heading to pharmacy .

As you all continue to shop , all the televisions in the store get louder and a beeping sound is clearly heard . "This is the emergency signal all people should make their way to The Glass Bowl or 5/3 Field . " It continues twice . At the same time every cell phone starts buzzing and an amber alert gives out the same information as the emergency signal .

Noelle Chen

What in the world? Annoyance and boredom turn into worry as I hope it's nothing too serious. But if it wasn't serious they wouldn't be asking people to withdraw to certain locations...

A loud piercing screech comes from all the televisions and phones , the sound is over bearing and every person in the store collapses.

And that point a loud piercing noise comes from the televisions and phones, I drop whatever is on hand as I collapse and cover my ears. The pain is incredible and it feels like my head will explode. I curl up and try to minimize the noise as best I can.

GideonBurkheart
2018-03-27, 05:36 PM
John takes the emergency messages very seriously. As soon as he hears them he tries hollering out to people to make their way out of the building. Trying to be the ever hero that he is, till the screeching from all around finally makes him succumb to piercing noise in his ears and fall prone. What the hell was going on?! Electrical surge? Hackers? This was no ordinary emergency notice....But alas even his own thoughts are drowned out by the painful screeching.

spinningdice
2018-03-28, 04:28 AM
Susan Hunt
Susan shakes her head, that sound can't have been intended surely? She immediately surveys the people closest to her, looking for anyone that's injured themselves in the fall or who seems to be reacting badly, rather than just those unconscious.

Khaibit
2018-03-28, 09:56 PM
James rises into a crouch after falling from the piercing screech. "The **** was that?" He mutters, shaking his head to try and clear the last vestiges of the ringing in his ears. He looks around, trying to get some sense of what's causing the noise.

probably not going to be much help, but perception or insight (whichever is applicable, they both have the same bonus) roll - [roll0]

always_confused
2018-03-29, 09:56 AM
Noelle Chen

The cacophony soon subsides though the after effects will linger on yet. I slowly get up groggily, not in any shape to help out - at the moment.

GideonBurkheart
2018-03-30, 12:46 PM
John finally managed to pull himself together. He was prepared for many things in life, but this was not one of them. He picks himself up and looks around for anyone that may be injured or in need of help in anyway. He tightly grips the handle of his shopping cart in anger. "What The F- Is Going On?!" He thinks to himself in his agitated state, and he was ordinarily not an angry man.

gryffydd65
2018-04-01, 08:19 AM
No matter where you are the scene is the same.

As you come to awaken , you hear screaming from many directions . People are still on the floor. The nearest person is on their knees back turned away from you their arms are moving up and down and despite all the screams you hear the sound of a water melon being struck on afloor. There are at least six people closest to you right this second, along with six carts filled with items.
Perception check 15

Ooc me the results

gryffydd65
2018-04-03, 10:28 AM
you can clearly see the woman on her knees smashing a young man's head into the pavement of the floor.She
moves her head Slightly to the side and her eyes are completely
white .
you can clearly see the man on his knees smashing
a n old woman 's head into the pavement of the floor. He moves his head Slightly to the side and his eyes are completely white .

you see the young man on his knees still moving
his arms up and down with the same thumping sound of a water melon . Others seem to be trying to get up.
you still the closest person moving their arms up and down , the same sound of a water melon being struck .

Khaibit
2018-04-03, 09:40 PM
What the hell kind of nonsense is that!? James thinks as he gets the rest of the way to his feet and rushes at the man beating up the old lady. While he'd never describe himself as a hero there's a line that even regular ol' cowards should avoid if they can.

As he closes with the man his fist darts forward, aiming for the soft spot just under the armpit as he raises his knee in an attempt to catch the man off-guard with a follow-up attack.

Initiative - [roll0]
Movement - close with man smashing old lady's head into the ground
Action - Unarmed Attack: [roll1]/Damage [roll2]
Bonus Action - Follow-up Unarmed Attack: [roll3]/Damage [roll4]
On the off chance that these attacks reduce his HP to 0 James is attacking to incapacitate/knock out rather than kill.

spinningdice
2018-04-04, 10:14 AM
Susan glances around finding something to use as an improvised weapon if necessary as she approaches the waving man, "Excuse me, are you okay?"

if she can't find anything she'll try and keep her shopping cart between them

always_confused
2018-04-04, 03:01 PM
[QUOTE=gryffydd65;22966104]you can clearly see the woman on her knees smashing a young man's head into the pavement of the floor.She
white .

Noelle Chen

I gasp in shock and horror at the scene of violence that greets me. I think of calling out to the woman, but think better of it. I look around in despair, searching for someone to help me but I find nothing. Grabbing my taser with shaking hands, I aim at the woman and fire. "Nothing personal, ma'am..."

Initiative -[roll0]
Action - Taser Attack - [roll1] / Damage [roll2]

gryffydd65
2018-04-05, 08:16 AM
What the hell kind of nonsense is that!? James thinks as he gets the rest of the way to his feet and rushes at the man beating up the old lady. While he'd never describe himself as a hero there's a line that even regular ol' cowards should avoid if they can.

As he closes with the man his fist darts forward, aiming for the soft spot just under the armpit as he raises his knee in an attempt to catch the man off-guard with a follow-up attack.

Initiative - [roll0]
Movement - close with man smashing old lady's head into the ground
Action - Unarmed Attack: [roll1]/Damage [roll2]
Bonus Action - Follow-up Unarmed Attack: [roll3]/Damage [roll4]
On the off chance that these attacks reduce his HP to 0 James is attacking to incapacitate/knock out rather than kill.
there is no sounds coming from the man as you would assume from your training . Nor does it seem to hurt him. The man takes no notice of the attack and continues to head smash the woman.

gryffydd65
2018-04-05, 08:25 AM
Susan glances around finding something to use as an improvised weapon if necessary as she approaches the waving man, "Excuse me, are you okay?"

if she can't find anything she'll try and keep her shopping cart between them

you clearly see the man holding a young woman
by the head and slamming it into the floor . Look at your shopping list see if anything can be used as a make shift weapon . There are other carts around. Think of something that someone might be buying and on a 1 out of 6 you find it, if not find another item and roll again this time 1,2 out of 6, repeat until you get it, you can't repeat and that is the number of rounds that pass as you look for something .

spinningdice
2018-04-05, 09:50 AM
"Hey, stop." Susan raises her voice. She reaches into her cart for a heavier mag-lite style flashlight. not the best weapon perhaps but it seemed solid enough in a pinch.
Improvised weapon in hand she moves towards the man.

gryffydd65
2018-04-05, 10:14 AM
[QUOTE=gryffydd65;22966104]you can clearly see the woman on her knees smashing a young man's head into the pavement of the floor.She
white .

Noelle Chen

I gasp in shock and horror at the scene of violence that greets me. I think of calling out to the woman, but think better of it. I look around in despair, searching for someone to help me but I find nothing. Grabbing my taser with shaking hands, I aim at the woman and fire. "Nothing personal, ma'am..."

Initiative -[roll0]
Action - Taser Attack - [roll1] / Damage [roll2]
the woman does not collapse
or cry out as you would assume from seeing video of people being tasered , she continues to slam the person 's head into the pavement

gryffydd65
2018-04-05, 10:20 AM
"Hey, stop." Susan raises her voice. She reaches into her cart for a heavier mag-lite style flashlight. not the best weapon perhaps but it seemed solid enough in a pinch.
Improvised weapon in hand she moves towards the man.
make an attack using Str , 1d6 for damage plus str.,
Then roll for initiative

spinningdice
2018-04-05, 10:31 AM
[roll0] +2 if considered proficient?
[roll1]

[roll2]

gryffydd65
2018-04-06, 10:17 AM
[roll0] +2 if considered proficient?
[roll1]

[roll2] you are swinging a make shift club at a person who is unaware of you so you are fine . They get no Dex this round .

Khaibit
2018-04-06, 08:03 PM
there is no sounds coming from the man as you would assume from your training . Nor does it seem to hurt him. The man takes no notice of the attack and continues to head smash the woman.

Well that's just ****in' weird James thinks as he tries a different tactic, attempting to grab the man and pull him off the woman.

Grapple Check [roll0]
I don't really have high hopes for this one

If the grapple is successful James will pull the man 20 ft away from the woman as long as he can do so without running into anyone else. Otherwise he'll pull him as far from her as he can without bumping into anyone.

GideonBurkheart
2018-04-07, 12:29 PM
John starts to walk over to the only man he sees while pushing his shopping cart in front of him. "Hey are you alright sir? Do you need medical attention?" If anyone has a broken leg, he could wheel people out in these, he thinks to himself.

gryffydd65
2018-04-07, 08:36 PM
John starts to walk over to the only man he sees while pushing his shopping cart in front of him. "Hey are you alright sir? Do you need medical attention?" If anyone has a broken leg, he could wheel people out in these, he thinks to himself.
the young man as you get closer is smashing anot her young man head into the cement floor.

gryffydd65
2018-04-08, 10:32 AM
Well that's just ****in' weird James thinks as he tries a different tactic, attempting to grab the man and pull him off the woman.

Grapple Check [roll0]
I don't really have high hopes for this one

If the grapple is successful James will pull the man 20 ft away from the woman as long as he can do so without running into anyone else. Otherwise he'll pull him as far from her as he can without bumping into anyone.

trying to escape from grapple [roll0] man does not
escape and you move him 15 feet before running into a person on the floor and their cart.

gryffydd65
2018-04-11, 10:53 AM
All right Noelle goes before attacker, James goes before attacker
Attacker then Susan
Attacker then John

James a quick look around, your attacker is still going after the victim , you see two more with white eyes , one attacking a small boy behind you and one old lady moving down the aisle towards the exit. One body an old man is not moving at all.

Noelle your attacker is still going after their victim. One young woman is not moving at all. A man, and two children are moving away trying to grab the closest cart to them.

Susan your attacker still is going after the victim . Two bodies on the ground are not moving and two are trying to get away a young man and an old man.

John your attacker is still going after their victim. One is not moving and two teenage girls and a young man are trying to escape down the aisle .

Khaibit
2018-04-11, 12:53 PM
Oookay, I am definitely not equipped to be much help here. James thinks as he takes in the scene. "You!" He nods to the person whose cart he almost bumped into. "Call the police, some ambulances, something. Hell, if the fire department is the only one that answers the call get them down here."

The man that he's grappling with's odd stillness is more than a little unnerving. He pushes away and puts himself between the man and his victim, realizing that trying to hold him when there's this much wackiness happening likely won't help much.

Free action - release grapple
Movement - get adjacent to man between him and the lady he's trying to get there.
Action - Unarmed Attack [roll0]/Damage [roll1]
Bonus Action - Unarmed Attack [roll2]/Damage[roll3]
If the attacks manage to drop the old man to 0 hp then still attacking to incapacitate rather than kill. If he drops then any movement that's left over will be spent moving to the attacker going after the kid.

spinningdice
2018-04-12, 06:51 AM
Susan shouts at the fleeing folks "Call emergency services, tell them what's going on." she then looks to the... madman? "You need to get off there." she braces herself and tries to push him off with her foot.

More of a shove than a kick, Strength? [roll0]

gryffydd65
2018-04-13, 10:40 AM
Oookay, I am definitely not equipped to be much help here. James thinks as he takes in the scene. "You!" He nods to the person whose cart he almost bumped into. "Call the police, some ambulances, something. Hell, if the fire department is the only one that answers the call get them down here."

The man that he's grappling with's odd stillness is more than a little unnerving. He pushes away and puts himself between the man and his victim, realizing that trying to hold him when there's this much wackiness happening likely won't help much.

Free action - release grapple
Movement - get adjacent to man between him and the lady he's trying to get there.
Action - Unarmed Attack [roll0]/Damage [roll1]
Bonus Action - Unarmed Attack [roll2]/Damage[roll3]
If the attacks manage to drop the old man to 0 hp then still attacking to incapacitate rather than kill. If he drops then any movement that's left over will be spent moving to the attacker going after the kid.

the closest person to you gets on their phone
. "There is no answer just the same message about the Glass Bowl and 5/3rd Field . "The attacks both hit but there is no response you would expect from your attacks . Physical flinching and vocal response are absent

gryffydd65
2018-04-13, 10:44 AM
Susan shouts at the fleeing folks "Call emergency services, tell them what's going on." she then looks to the... madman? "You need to get off there." she braces herself and tries to push him off with her foot.

More of a shove than a kick, Strength? [roll0]

the man falls forward with both hands still holding
the victim head. One of the fleeing folk dial their phone . "There is no answer from 911, just the same message go to the Glass Bowl or 5/ 3rd Field . "

spinningdice
2018-04-16, 04:24 AM
Susan backs off, trying to suppress the bile rising in the back of her throat. The person he was attacking was past protecting... She feels guilty running away, but she follows the others as they flee the scene.

GideonBurkheart
2018-04-16, 09:07 AM
John rushes with his cart and hollers to the man and two girls. "Follow me! These people are insane! My name's John, I'll help you all get out of here if I can." John's thought process has almost flipped. There doesn't seem to be much he could do to help these sick, dying, and insane people. Save the ones that can move...

So he does his best to avoid things as he tries to make a clear path for the, what he assumes to be, family to follow out of the building.

[roll0]

gryffydd65
2018-04-18, 06:45 AM
the closest person to you gets on their phone
. "There is no answer just the same message about the Glass Bowl and 5/3rd Field . "The attacks both hit but there is no response you would expect from your attacks . Physical flinching and vocal response are absent

JAMES
In eerie silence from the attacker, he collapses to the floor, still trying to move towards his victim. From behind you an old man is slamming a young boys head into the floor and an old woman is just leaving your sight as she turns the corner of the aisle .

gryffydd65
2018-04-18, 06:50 AM
Susan backs off, trying to suppress the bile rising in the back of her throat. The person he was attacking was past protecting... She feels guilty running away, but she follows the others as they flee the scene.
SUSAN

As you move to follow the old man and young man, a white eyed woman grabs the old man and pulls him to the floor from around the corner of the aisle .

gryffydd65
2018-04-18, 06:55 AM
John rushes with his cart and hollers to the man and two girls. "Follow me! These people are insane! My name's John, I'll help you all get out of here if I can." John's thought process has almost flipped. There doesn't seem to be much he could do to help these sick, dying, and insane people. Save the ones that can move...

So he does his best to avoid things as he tries to make a clear path for the, what he assumes to be, family to follow out of the building.

[roll0]
JOHN
The cart doesn't go far as abandoned carts and dead bodies are in the next ten feet of aisles . A scream comes from behind you as one of the young girls is grabbed by a white eyed young woman. The young woman manages to throw the girl down to the floor .

gryffydd65
2018-05-03, 10:54 AM
A call goes over the loud speakers , "Anyone not hurt make your way to sporting goods in the back left corner , we have weapons to defend yourself . "

spinningdice
2018-05-04, 04:36 AM
A large part of her still wants to run, but unlike the previous victim, the old man isn't dead already. She charges at the woman, throwing her weight against her, to try and give the old man a shot at getting away.

[ooc]Athletics?[roll0]

always_confused
2018-05-04, 08:00 AM
A call goes over the loud speakers , "Anyone not hurt make your way to sporting goods in the back left corner , we have weapons to defend yourself . "

Seeing the absolute lack of effect her taser was having on the assailant and how the utter violence and confusion was increasing, I felt helpless. People were trying to save themselves by bashing the crazed individuals with whatever they could fine, but...

That was when the announcement went out over the speakers. I decided to do my best to head to the sporting goods section specified. I was no fighter, but I did have a little experience in taking care of the wounded.

gryffydd65
2018-05-09, 07:08 AM
I'm calling the game , thanks for everything .