PDA

View Full Version : Cannibal character 3.5

Skullruss
2018-03-11, 10:19 PM
So I want to make a character that can eat things for benefit, also leatherfacing and wearing people would be fun too. I'm fine with doing some fluff, but I want tangible benefit, the only thing I've found is to polymorph into a dusk giant (heroes of horror) with assume supernatural ability, using polymorph other from 3.0 to make it permanent. Though I want to know if there's anything else, a spell, a feat, a weapon, a class? No homebrew, no dragon mag, no pf.

Venger
2018-03-11, 10:23 PM
So I want to make a character that can eat things for benefit, also leatherfacing and wearing people would be fun too. I'm fine with doing some fluff, but I want tangible benefit, the only thing I've found is to polymorph into a dusk giant (heroes of horror) with assume supernatural ability, using polymorph other from 3.0 to make it permanent. Though I want to know if there's anything else, a spell, a feat, a weapon, a class? No homebrew, no dragon mag, no pf.

There are many options.

prcs: soul eater, mortal hunter, necrocarnate, life eater, thief of life
templates: half-vampire, hooded pupil
races: gravetouched ghoul
feats: trophy collector

what's the power level of your game, what level are you starting at, etc

The Viscount
2018-03-11, 10:34 PM
Consume Likeness is a spell that has you eat a piece of a creature to disguise yourself as them.

The Mortal Hunter PrC can wear the skin of its victims to get a polymorph effect, with scaling unlocking of forms.
edit: need to read better

Skullruss
2018-03-11, 11:11 PM
There are many options.

prcs: soul eater, mortal hunter, necrocarnate, life eater, thief of life
templates: half-vampire, hooded pupil
races: gravetouched ghoul
feats: trophy collector

what's the power level of your game, what level are you starting at, etc

Starting at level 15 in dark sun. No templates or LA, sadly. Sure I could just play a halfling, but it doesn't get me anything. I like the idea of mortal hunter wearing victims, but the rest seems lack luster, in addition to not being straight up eating flesh. Good advice though.

flappeercraft
2018-03-11, 11:13 PM
Illithid Savant does it but it's a bit broken so it likely would have to be toned down to work in an actual game.

Venger
2018-03-11, 11:14 PM
Starting at level 15 in dark sun. No templates or LA, sadly. Sure I could just play a halfling, but it doesn't get me anything. I like the idea of mortal hunter wearing victims, but the rest seems lack luster, in addition to not being straight up eating flesh. Good advice though.

In the future, lead with this information. It will lead to us giving you more helpful advice more quickly.

Mortal hunter is one of my favorite classes. The easiest way to begin play as a qualifying race is probably neraph

Falontani
2018-03-12, 01:13 AM
There is a shirt in magic item compendium that is your skin that you have flayed from yourself and enchanted.

Nifft
2018-03-12, 01:17 AM

Psionics has got you covered:
- http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/clawsoftheVampire.htm
- http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/strengthofMyEnemy.htm
- http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/assimilate.htm

IIRC you can get all of those from the Consumption mantle of the Ardent class.