PDA

View Full Version : Dvati and Soulmelds?

SangoProduction
2018-03-11, 10:34 PM
Back to 3.5 for my favorite race of twins, Dvati. So, I was thinking of having them be Incarnates this time (from Magic of Incarnum). Now, something I'm not 100% certain on is whether or not the Chakra Binds actually apply to both of them at the same time, or if they work like magic items, and they strictly have 2x the chakras, and don't share them.

If I were to take a favorable reading, I would say that they share the chakras, and the binds, but I wondered what everyone else thought.

Venger
2018-03-11, 10:38 PM
your first reading is correct. they work normally. you cannot kit each twin out with separate melds and binds. they share everything, no interpretation needed. if you use your bind on airstep sandals, both your bodies have that bound. one of them cannot bind something else, and you just have the number indicated on the class's chart as normal.

Falontani
2018-03-12, 01:17 AM
I would think that you get 2x the chakras, but still be limited to how many chakras can be bound. I'd you have two feet chakras, but you can only bind 2 soulmelds. Thus to bind the sandals to both you would need to use both of your soulmeld slots

Venger
2018-03-12, 01:49 AM
I would think that you get 2x the chakras, but still be limited to how many chakras can be bound. I'd you have two feet chakras, but you can only bind 2 soulmelds. Thus to bind the sandals to both you would need to use both of your soulmeld slots

You don't.

You get the amount of melds, binds, and chakras that an incarnate of any other race has and they work the same way.