PDA

View Full Version : What are the most amusing names for builds you've heard used?

SangoProduction
2018-03-12, 01:28 AM
Or build archetypes, such as pouncing charge.

So, I read someone call the pounce'barian as LOLPOUNCE. I found it kinda amusing, and wondered if people have encountered similarly amusing or noteworthy names for builds actually find use.

And, yeah, batman and pun-pun are admittedly amusing, but we've heard them before.

BowStreetRunner
2018-03-12, 08:09 AM
I was following a discussion of a Rogue-Warlock build recently which is sometimes called a Roguelock. I reached out for input to a friend who use to play something along that line and he told me that he thought if it was mostly a Rogue that dipped Warlock for Eldritch Blast it should be called a Roguelock, but if it was mostly a Warlock that dipped Rogue for Sneak Attack it should be called a Snorlock. :smallconfused: First I'd ever heard the term snorlock and searching online while I found a slug from Adventure Time with that name, I never found anyone else using this name for the build.

BearonVonMu
2018-03-12, 10:07 AM
A psionically shrinking young goblin with unchained rogue levels is the Tiny Terror (even though his size is Fine when he is in combat).
A gestalted wizard//gunslinger/eldritch archer magus is This Gun.
A kasatha Aegis is The Blender with his six arms.

Vhaidara
2018-03-12, 12:50 PM
Gazeebo Jones and Jack B Quick were good combinations of amusing names and interesting builds in 3.5

My personal favorite build name just going by name though is the 5e Coffeelock.

NecroDancer
2018-03-12, 01:24 PM
The coffee-lock is a great name. It is also called the Javalock.

Another great build name is Pun-Pun, may our praises please him.

Long_shanks
2018-03-12, 03:04 PM
I particularily like Darrin's Jellobomber and King of Pong.

Dragolord
2018-03-12, 04:09 PM
Tiny Von BigMcLargeHuge.

The Viscount
2018-03-12, 04:19 PM
I built a 20th level samurai in the style of Shneeky's famous samurai test of spite build that I called the Scarecrow due to its essentially single-purpose skill in intimidating targets to cowering and inability to do really anything else. It was for a showdown vs a soulknife that unfortunately never happened.

There's of course the infamous build abusing Escape Artist checks called the Assplomancer or Anal Assassin.

The orbital basket bomber used craft checks and falling damage to destroy things with massive objects in very short time.

Kurald Galain
2018-03-12, 04:29 PM
The Wolf Hurler. It's a build that attacks by throwing wolves at his enemy, because wolves count as improvised weapons.

flappeercraft
2018-03-12, 04:50 PM
For me Chuck E. Cheese, Triple Cheese Burger with Onions, Fistbeard Beardfist and "I May Be Tiny, But You're Dead" are the best ones

Venger
2018-03-12, 04:59 PM
I'm a big fan of spoons mcgee. Great build, great name.

AnimeTheCat
2018-03-12, 04:59 PM
Mister Maester Faester Fister was a stalwart battle sorcerer/monk/enlightened fist with Draconic heritage and Draconic claws that punched and clawed. It was very fun.

SangoProduction
2018-03-12, 05:07 PM
Fistbeard Beardfist s

What's the name of that bear shapeshifter build?

Venger
2018-03-12, 05:19 PM
What's the name of that bear shapeshifter build?

Beary Bearington Bear Bearbarian

Zaq
2018-03-12, 07:03 PM
Beary Bearington Bear Bearbarian

I thought it was Bearington Bearman the Bearbearian?

Anyway, I don’t feel like build names are as much a thing in this community as they are in other D&D communities I’ve seen. (The old 4e WotC CharOp boards, in contrast, had well-known and commonly used names for all kinds of common builds and build elements, some more colorful than others.)

That said, there are a few. I’m fond of Little Red Raiding Hood, not that that originated here.

Probably the best name for a modular build (and therefore one that can be spotted into something else) is the good old Trouserfang Dwarf.

Kobold Esq
2018-03-12, 07:44 PM
I like the names to be short and sweet, like "Supermount" or "cheater of mystra"

Metahuman1
2018-03-12, 11:46 PM
I'm amused by Fistbeard Beardfist, Sir Wisdom The SAD, Tiny Von BigMacLargeHuge, and The Goomba Stomper.