PDA

View Full Version : Help making a deep gnome character!

that_one_kobold
2018-03-12, 12:21 PM
The next campaign i will be playing in will probably be in the underdark, one of my personal favorite settings in the Forgotten Realms. I've decided to make a character based off of Belwar Dissengulp, the deep gnome with weapons for hands! My character will probably only have ONE hand missing, the other being a war-pick. What I mostly want out of this character is to: be able to enchant his pick hand jut like Belwar does, but also be a tinkerer. Maybe I'll ask the dm if his hand can be interchangeable, we'll see. I'm thinking either eldritch knight or the psionic UA, with the background for tool proficiency. What are some of your guy's ideas?

EDIT: I will be using the deep gnome subrace, if it wasn't clear already

Aett_Thorn
2018-03-12, 01:02 PM
Well, Belwar wasn't much of a magic-user in the books, he just used the command words to make them magic. If you really just wanted to do that, I'd go with either Fighter or maybe Paladin. Paladin might work to use the Smites as his kind of special ability to blow through objects and people on occasion.

If you really want to make your weapon-hand magic from the start, a Forge cleric could work, and would fit a bit with his miner theme (and also help with your desire to be a bit of a tinkerer).