PDA

View Full Version : Druid possible multiclass questions

Jmswinkelman
2018-03-12, 12:42 PM
We have been in our current campaign for a little over a year. We are just about to get to level 11 and i have been thinking of multiclassing. I am a half elf druid who's story line has taken him into a religious fanatic swing. My focus has been on spellcasting from wildshape form with a focus on control nature based spells. I've read eggyknacks handbook multiple times and am really enjoying my character. I started looking at multiclassing when a party member took some swashbuckling levels and have been thinking of trying it. The one ive looked at is master of many forms. I was thinking taking 3 levels after my level 11 and then come back to druid levels. Is it worth it? I like the idea of humanoid shapes and at level 3 getting fast wildshape but is this enough? The alternative as it fits in with my characters past and main mission is to take dragon shape from the draconimicon at level 12 and just stick to straight druid. Any thoughts? Is it too late for this kind of change?

Hiro Quester
2018-03-12, 01:21 PM
Losing three levels of druid casting progression will hurt. A lot. It’s not really worth it for these benefits, many of which you can get elsewhere.

You can get swift wildshape from the Mantle of the Beast. And humanoid from the Thousand Faces class ability.

You even would get acccess to Shapechange at 17th level for all these forms and far more.

Nifft
2018-03-12, 01:27 PM
Dragon Shape is great.

As a Druid, you're a priest. You're already a Divine spellcaster. To mechanically represent being a religious fanatic, you might want to take an [Initiate] feat, or a [Domain] feat, I guess -- but being a Druid means being a priest, and that's already pretty strongly religious.

When you ask, "is it worth it", I assume you mean from a power / optimization perspective, and the answer there is clear: being a straight-up Druid is stronger than dipping into MoMF.

That said, there's nothing wrong with intentionally making a less-powerful character. Just go in with your eyes open.