PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Is there a way to get Profession to be charisma based?

SangoProduction
2018-03-12, 01:57 PM
Yeah, there's perform, but Perform (Chef) doesn't quite sound right. I'll be fine if Craft can be made charisma based.

PacMan2247
2018-03-12, 07:16 PM
Yeah, there's perform, but Perform (Chef) doesn't quite sound right. I'll be fine if Craft can be made charisma based.

If you think Perform(chef) doesn't work, I think you've never been to a hibachi restaurant. I think Perform(sales pitch) would also work, and probably be eligible for a synergy bonus with Diplomacy. I have a friend who's been ordered to take Craft(lies) instead of Bluff, too.

Mordaedil
2018-03-13, 02:12 AM
I'd suggest just undertaking profession (chef) for producing a lot of products, craft (cooking) for creating good tasting food for a few dishes and perform (showman) for the display of being an entertaining chef.

Yes, you've expanded into three skills, but if you are a professional chef, I think they'd insist it was at least this hard.

haplot
2018-03-13, 01:50 PM
I personally would view it as it all depends on the Profession.

Something like Profession (harlot) might be charisma based :D

Dr_Dinosaur
2018-03-13, 03:20 PM
I always assumed Profession didn't measure how good you were at something but your business acumen in that field, since it's based on Wisdom and revolves around making money. I don't see anything wrong with using other skills for the same activity if you can find a patron or group willing to pay you to do it.