PDA

View Full Version : A.League Does your weapon choice matter

Whit
2018-03-12, 08:29 PM
For people that play adventure league I have a question. Is it more difficult or impossible to find a magic weapon that is less commonly used and should that affect your weapon choice?
I have a lvl 5 character with a two handed sword and want to make another character who used a fail.
From pre 5ed modules, it seems that magical two handed swords are far harder to find than magical libg swords hammers or battle axe and a magical Flail was basically impossible to find. Is Adventure league modules the same

prototype00
2018-03-12, 08:35 PM
Yes, some weapon types are harder to find magic versions of than others. I’m a PAM/GWM Warlock and had to do some trading to get a magical Glaive as I’d never seen one in a module.

I think if you’re Weapon agnostic Sword and board strength fighter, you have the widest range.

On the upside you can trade for what you want on the AL reddit page (caution, it might be that there is no one who has what you want)

Whit
2018-03-12, 10:54 PM
Thanks for info. Al reddit page is that a good source? Are they trading the certificate items or somehow something else

prototype00
2018-03-12, 11:00 PM
Thanks for info. Al reddit page is that a good source? Are they trading the certificate items or somehow something else

The AL reddit page has a trading post thread for this express purpose.

No certs, you trade name, DCI number, character, adventure item appeared on and any extra item description required. Then you update your log sheet.

I mean it does depend on both sides telling the truth of course, but most magic items from games aren’t certed.

DnDegenerates
2018-03-13, 12:06 AM
If you go to an epic with like rarity items, you can trade to Fei Chen for any weapon you want usually.

Easiest way to get a cert for a +x weapon that people don't normally get form adventures. Whips, blowguns, flails, halberds, etc.

Otherwise there is a very active FB page and a reddit page to do online trades.