PDA

View Full Version : Cleric build (Pathfinder and D&D)

Crow_Nightfeath
2018-03-13, 01:06 AM
So, I have this human cleric I've been playing for a while, rebuilt him a ton of times. He's a cleric of a very lesser god in the world, a gold dragon that he actually helped ascend to godhood. Well something happened and his soul was bound to an eternal non god dragon. So his spirit cannot continue to the after life and is reborn every time he dies (I am not looking for rules on this). Well each life is a little different, but each time his diety finds him and he gains some of the memories of who he has been. So he remembers old comrades, battles, major events, etc. Though he always has to start over in terms of levels.
He is also very close with his diety, and usually is put in charge of caring for one of his gods descendants. Usually a wyrmling or very young gold dragon.

Now I know there's the dragon cohort feat, which serves really well for that purpose, and then there's the dracolyte prestige class which you foster a baby dragon. I've never actually used the dracolyte, so I'm wondering how it is? And if there's other good options for building a dragon based human cleric?

heavyfuel
2018-03-13, 01:19 AM
Your title says "Pathfinder and D&D".

Does that mean stuff from both sources are valid?
Does this include spells from both sources?
Are you using the Cleric and the Human from which game?

These are very crucial pieces of information we need before giving proper advice

Crow_Nightfeath
2018-03-13, 01:19 AM
Yes both sources are valid
Edit: and both human and cleric from Pathfinder, mainly cause the cleric's channel positive energy ability. Also I tend to use the healing and protection domains. The healing domain is the only one I will not change.

heavyfuel
2018-03-13, 11:09 PM
For Dragon specific things you might wanna look at some spells like Dragon Breath (Spell Compendium)

Otherwise, take a look at these guides and see what they have to offer. Handbooks like these are always great places to start looking for builds:

http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=1238
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1h6-_4HvPvV-Tt7I67Gi_oPhgHmeDVA5SBl-WrJSgf5s/edit?hl=en&pli=1

Crow_Nightfeath
2018-03-14, 03:34 AM
Okay, well thanks, I should be able to find something