PDA

View Full Version : A Link to the past: Stuck again!

Logic
2007-08-29, 10:02 PM
So I am playing A Link to the Past, and am stuck in the game.

Relevent information:
This is the Game Boy Advance version, with "Four Swords" on the cartridge as well.

The most important event I completed in game was finding the Master Sword finishing the 5th cystal dungeon.

The Map indicates I should either go back to the location of the entrance to the other world or the main castle. The main castle entrance is locked with some kind of electric field.

The fortune teller says I should jump into the well near the blacksmith in Kakariko village, but I don't know how to get in, as the only way I know how to get in would be to jump from the hill above, but access to the ideal spot requires something that I do not have.

I am missing only 3 inventory items, one of which is one spell, (I have Quake and Bombos) and one I assume is some kind of jumping device. The other I am clueless about.

Nnanji
2007-08-29, 10:14 PM
It's been a long time since I played that game (great game btw.) But wasn't the whole point of the Master Sword to break through that field? I thought you just whacked the field with the sword to break it and get through. Could be wrong.

Ominous
2007-08-29, 10:28 PM
In the SNES version you just have to use the Master Sword to cut through the barrier.

Logic
2007-08-29, 10:44 PM
I haven't tried that, will be sure to try ASAP. Thanks.

tannish2
2007-08-29, 11:00 PM
www.gamefaqs.com for all walkthrough needs unless the game is less than a month old, its not perfect, but that game was popular enough that there should be at least 20... dont get hooked on them though, do the puzzles yourself,... or your games will start being less fun... you have been warned

Logic
2007-09-04, 04:18 PM
Stuck again. How do I get to the 6th crystal dungeon, or the dark world version of the desert? It looks like it is water, so I began by looking for any whirlpools that might teleport me there, to no avail. I also looked for a place that might have a one of those little blue squares that sends you to the dark world, and haven't found one in/near the desert either. Help!

Totally Guy
2007-09-04, 05:46 PM
I think you get there by using a medallion. You have Quake and Bomos already, you need Ether.

That can be found at the top on the mountain over a bridge to the West of the Castle (3rd Dungeon of the light world).

I remember I had a friend that was playing through this that would get furious when I helped.:smallwink:

LiteYear
2007-09-04, 08:49 PM
To even get to the area in the Dark World with the 6th crystal dungeon, you need the Flute. You will also need the Ether medallion to unlock the entrance to the 6th dungeon. I'll put the way to get the Flute in the spoiler block below.
To get the flute, you need to visit the little glen that is just south-east of the Village in the Dark World. In there, talk to the guy in the center, who will ask you to get the flute, and give you the Shovel. Use the mirror to warp back to the Light World, and dig around in the glen until you find it. Then, use the Magic Mirror warp point to go back, talk to him, and the Flute will now summon a bird witch can transport you to an otherwise inaccessible cliff in the desert with a portal under a nearby rock. (Among other places)
I would take an educated guess that the 3rd item you're missing is the Magic Cape, as it's an optional item, and you can only get it fairly late in the game. Again, the method is in the block below.
The Magic Cape is connected to the Graveyard just outside the Sanctuary. I'm pretty sure it is in the grave that is blocked off by dark rocks in the Light World.

Logic
2007-09-04, 09:19 PM
I would take an educated guess that the 3rd item you're missing is the Magic Cape, as it's an optional item, and you can only get it fairly late in the game. Again, the method is in the block below.
The Magic Cape is connected to the Graveyard just outside the Sanctuary. I'm pretty sure it is in the grave that is blocked off by dark rocks in the Light World.
Got in, and I had not realized that I had the ability to get there all along. As for the item I am missing...
How do you get it once you are there? I don't know if I am missing an item to push the grave out of the way (I have the 2nd set of "power gloves" or whatever they are called.)

ninja_penguin
2007-09-04, 09:22 PM
once you have room, dash into the gravestone

Logic
2007-09-05, 03:14 PM
Problems solved. This thread is no longer needed. Until I get stuck again.

ShneekeyTheLost
2007-09-05, 03:48 PM
Let us know when you get stuck on the 7th (ice) dungeon. It involves a fair amount of backtracking and going in circles, and you can get lost VERY easily.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-09-05, 03:51 PM
Logic, there's a simple way to solve getting stuck. http://www.gamefaqs.com

Logic
2007-09-05, 06:28 PM
Logic, there's a simple way to solve getting stuck. http://www.gamefaqs.com

That site would be wonderful if it were not blocked by the firewall. Thanks for the thought though.

JadedDM
2007-09-05, 09:01 PM
Link to the Past is fifteen years old. Why is everyone using spoiler tags?

Maerdred
2007-09-06, 11:37 AM
Link to the Past is fifteen years old. Why is everyone using spoiler tags?

because it's the polite thing to do?

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-09-06, 01:24 PM
That site would be wonderful if it were not blocked by the firewall. Thanks for the thought though.

I've never had an issue with gamefaqs and a firewall, what browser are you using? Or is it your antivirus program.

Reinboom
2007-09-06, 02:14 PM
I have copied over a guide for this from GameFaqs (http://pifro.com/tempmove/zelda_link_to_past_f.txt). It's for the SNES version due to it being the most comprehensive guide that had a legal disclaimer that allowed me to copy it and rehost it. (All the GBA ones strictly said not to)
The SNES and GBA version has only subtle differences, so, it'll still work.