PDA

View Full Version : A quick question about the Aptitude Enchanment

RedneckMonkey
2018-03-13, 01:44 PM
This is a question I've been searching for an answer to, but I've been unable to find one.

The Unorthodox Flurry (Dragon Compendium) feat allows you to choose any light weapon that you're proficient with to be used in a Monk's Flurry of Blows.

The Aptitude enchantment (Tomb of Battle) let's you use any feat with a specific weapon with the enchanted weapon. [i.e. you are able to benefit from Weapon Focus (Longsword) with an Aptitude Great Axe.]

My question is this, would you be able to use an Aptitude Glaive (a two handed weapon) with Unorthodox Flurry?? While I'm inclined to say 'Yes,' the fact that the Unorthodox Flurry feat specifically calls for a light weapon is making me second guess myself.

I appreciate any help and hope that I'm posting in the correct place.

tstewt1921
2018-03-13, 02:21 PM
The key word in there is "ANY" so by the wording, I would say yes, any weapons I possible, even though there are several feats that allow you to use flurries with other weapons without having to go that convoluted route to get it.

Double Steel Strike: Allows Flurry Blows with Two-Bladed Sword

Pole Fighting: Allows Flurry of Blows with Polearm

Serpent Strike: Allows Flurry of Blows with Long spear

Whirling Steel Strike: Allows Flurry of Blows with a Longsword.

Troacctid
2018-03-13, 02:22 PM
Sure. That's certainly within the bounds of the Aptitude ability. It's even pretty analogous to the examples given.

RedneckMonkey
2018-03-13, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the responses. While I would normally go with the aforementioned feats, the use of an Aptitude weapon and Unorthodox Flurry means that I save myself a single feat with a build. Precious feats are precious.