PDA

View Full Version : What sort of Warlock Patron would this be?

Luccan
2018-03-13, 06:47 PM
I had the idea of a Goblin Warlocl whose patron was the greater entity whose spirit(s?) create Nilbogs. I could see a Great Old One or Fiend, or even refluffing Celestial somewhat (depending on what the entity's alignment is), but I'm looking for some input.

Naanomi
2018-03-13, 06:50 PM
The whole schtick strikes me as Fey, and the abilities line themselves up well as a jokester/trickster

Luccan
2018-03-13, 06:53 PM
The whole schtick strikes me as Fey, and the abilities line themselves up well as a jokester/trickster

Yeah I could see that. I mostly thought of the others because a near-dead goblin deity seemed like it could fit the fluff well for all of those. Then again, I know some people like to make goblins more tied in with the fey, so that could make sense.

Unoriginal
2018-03-13, 06:55 PM
I had the idea of a Goblin Warlocl whose patron was the greater entity whose spirit(s?) create Nilbogs. I could see a Great Old One or Fiend, or even refluffing Celestial somewhat (depending on what the entity's alignment is), but I'm looking for some input.

Well, technically it's an evil minor god who does that, so Fiend would be fitting if you go by the *nature* of the being.

But then Fey might be fitting, if you go by the *abilities* of the being.

Sobeit
2018-03-13, 07:06 PM
Arguably you could refluff it to anything you want. (pending DM's approval)

But as the previous posters said it does strike me as fey and it could even be Puck, the goblin-like jester off the Summer Court.

Luccan
2018-03-13, 08:14 PM
Well, technically it's an evil minor god who does that, so Fiend would be fitting if you go by the *nature* of the being.

But then Fey might be fitting, if you go by the *abilities* of the being.

Yeah, I'm thinking a refluffing of Fey (at a table where goblins haven't been made fey already) might be in order.

Edit: Actually I could see going "it's a really powerful fey the goblins believed was a god and they got a pretty fair shake out of the deal. Then Maglubiyet realized these things breed like rabbits and would make great fodder, so he kindly asked the fey to figure out what a god's smite felt like." Mostly dead, but the fey was vengeful enough it sort of stuck around.

Arguably you could refluff it to anything you want. (pending DM's approval)

But as the previous posters said it does strike me as fey and it could even be Puck, the goblin-like jester off the Summer Court.

Alignment: Chaotic Shakespeare

I'm aware Puck is older than Shakespeare's work

This actually reminds me of another thread I wanted to do statting up Shakespeare characters in 5e. Obviously most would be Monster Manual NPCs, but it seemed like fun.