PDA

View Full Version : Ethereal Form Rule Question(3.5)

thedarkcrash
2018-03-13, 10:02 PM
So in a d and d campaign I am in a party member is ethereal because of his race. I don't want to ruin his character or his equipment by asking this question to the DM, but do you have to buy special armor for someone who is ethereal or does it just change on contact? If the later is true can you just grab someones armor and ethereal it through there body?

Venger
2018-03-13, 10:39 PM
So in a d and d campaign I am in a party member is ethereal because of his race. I don't want to ruin his character or his equipment by asking this question to the DM, but do you have to buy special armor for someone who is ethereal or does it just change on contact? If the later is true can you just grab someones armor and ethereal it through there body?

There is no legal ethereal race in 3.5. Are you sure he's not incorporeal? Is he playing as an unbodied?

It'd need to have ghost touch, or he'd need to have taken the ghostly grasp feat. He can't do it otherwise.

thedarkcrash
2018-03-13, 10:49 PM
There is no legal ethereal race in 3.5. Are you sure he's not incorporeal? Is he playing as an unbodied?

It'd need to have ghost touch, or he'd need to have taken the ghostly grasp feat. He can't do it otherwise.

After talking to him 1 on 1 and asking him about it because it was my first experience with "incorporeal" he does have enchanted equipment and weapons. Thank you for the information.