PDA

View Full Version : Journal Mobile Suit Gundam Stardust Memory - Consequences

Haveatya
2018-03-13, 11:32 PM
I had a bit of time to kill today, so I decided to write a gundam from my campaigns I ran with some buddies. Hopefully it entertains someone!

“Lieutenant! Bearing 340, tilt 15, range one and a half kilometers. Zaku just passed through the debris field in the open” announces a voice over the laser comms system. “Acknowledged, Husky One follow me. Two and Three adjust to fill in the gap. Can’t let anyone near the Northstar.” orders Lieutenant Tyco Revre. Quick radio clicks signal acknowledgement from his team. The GM Cannon 2 in his control rolls and a slap of G-forces slams into Tyco as his suit accelerates towards the contact. Husky One’s GM Command slides in behind its lead unit.

“One adjust into line, let's try and suppress this guy before he can get in close. When we make contact slide around our right. I will cover from contact point.” the steady vet says, watching the navigation computer tick down the distance between the last known location of the Zulu, or Zaku 2, and the GM Cannon 2. “1000, 900, 800, 700… close enough.” the Lt thinks, A smooth squeeze of the thumb sends two parallel streams of beam particles through the emptiness of space and into the graveyard of ships. His peripheral vision catches Husky One’s thrusters blazing blue as the silver GM is carried into the scrap. Tyco adjusts his suit gently, hearing his verniers turn the suit a mere three degrees. Another trigger pull sees the beam cannons release another salvo.

That volley was close enough to get the Zaku 2 to jump. “Predictable, just like a duck back home. One, I got him sighted, He is at “015 from me.” Tyco says, pulling his 90mm rifle up and sending a lengthy stream of projectiles down range, attempting to push the Zaku 2 into his comrade. “I see him L.T., firing!” a beam from Husky One’s beam rifle takes the left leg of the Zaku off, sending the Zaku careening into scrap as it tries to return fire with it’s bazooka. Its attempts at returning fire were laughable to the Veteran Husky team, the first rocket slamming into debris in between itself and Husky One, the second and third being sent off into space as the pilot attempted to recover from the loss of leg.

Husky One comes to a stop and lines up an accurate shot with the beam rifle, sending particles right into the reactor of the crippled Zaku 2. If anyone had lost track of Husky Actual and One, they could certainly tell where they were now. “Kill confirmed Husky One, how many is that?” asks Tyco floating backwards back towards his carrier as Husky One speed out of the graveyard and back towards him. “That is fifteen sir.” the younger voice of Husky One responds. The silver that husky chose to camouflage itself with was proving very effective. The scrap from the battles past in the area often carried a similar coloration. “Those idiots on the Albion are flying around in teal suits…” the Lieutenant thought to himself. “Sir?” “Nothing. Return to your overwatch position.”

The Northstar had been sent to search through the wreckage of the Delaz and Cima fleets, looking for any survivors. The battle had officially been wrapped up with the destruction of that green legless mobile armor a short three hours ago. A majority of the EFSF vessels and mobile suits had withdrawn to perform repairs and resupply, the ships too far to engage in the main fighting now had the duty of wrapping up whatever was left in the area.

Northstar was encountering engine problems the day of the review, ironically saving it from the fate of a decent amount of the ships at the review. Repairs of the engine weren’t entirely complete, leaving the dated and refitted Columbus class safe and outside the lines of fire.
With Husky flying CAP, protecting Northstar, Beagle was actively searching through the debris, they had already shot down two Zakus and one Rick Dom. The Dom had managed to cut a deep swathe through the right arm and shield of one of the GMs and gave him quite the scare. Akita team had returned about four hours ago without incident on their flight and were on break now, catching shuteye before another engagement forces them into battle.

Tyco could almost get lost staring into space, if doing so didn’t meant a Gelgoog’s beam rifle or Dom’s bazooka would snuff his life out. His team’s two GM Command Space Types and GM Cannon were all floating around the Columbus class. The GM Cannon’s rookie pilot was the youngest pilot in the team, Alex Royer, he turned 19 a mere month before Stardust. The Commands were piloted by twin brothers Marco and Dimitri. The two of them were seeking vengeance for the colony their parents were on when poison gas filled the artificial atmosphere. Together they had collected 27, no 28 kills now. Tyco’s brief recollection was cut short by Dimitri, Husky Two, calling over the radio.

“Two Doms! Blitzing, bearing 90! Oh sh-” the man was cut short when a rocket took the head of his GM clean off and a follow-up rocket impacted his shield, shattering it and sending the GM slamming back into the Northstar at high speed, deflecting off the armor plate and back into space. “Three I need cover fire!” Tyco shouted, the second Dom was closing in on him quickly. The GM’s shield covers the front of the Lieutenant’s mobile suit, cutting off half of his vision while he float his rifle behind him and pulls his beam saber. GM Cannon 2 strafes to its left, trying to stay on the weak side of the Dom should it be holding a bazooka. His thought is validated as a rocket rocks his mobile suit, the sturdier shield of his GM Cannon 2 holds up to the pressure, taking this opportunity Tyco lowers the shield and begins spraying vulcan fire, even before seeing his target, a quick snap of his head brings the tracers on target. The low caliber rounds deflect of the legs and then torso but manage to damage the units optic, the distinctive pink of the monoeye fading to nothing.

The Rick Dom has its own close range weapon however, the scatter beam overloads the GM’s sensors. Tyco hears something from his squad but its lost in the background as he fights for survival. Tyco flicks the Beam Cannon FCS to sustained and slams the trigger, simultaneously jostling his control stick. His suit jostles from an exterior impact. “Is that how it ends? Am I dead?” he whispers to himself. The federation suit’s sensors come back online seeing the barrel of a Rick Dom’s bazooka. The Lieutenant’s heart sinks before the shattered piece of barrel floats off to the side, revealing a Rick Dom’s arm and leg but little else. The sustained strafe of his beam cannons had caught the Zeon suit, thankfully.

He didn’t have any time to waste however, That other Rick Dom was unaccounted for. Dimitri’s brother, Marco, was dueling the Rick Dom and the pair were in a blade lock. The Rick Dom reached behind its back to pull a Sturm Faust but the young Husky Three was on him, taking out the Delaz loyalist with a point blank machine gun burst to the rear of the cockpit, The Rick Dom fell limply into space. Marco elegantly floated to the front of the unit and held up his beam saber, activating it briefly enough to punch a hole straight through the center of the suit. If the pilot survived the machine gun burst, they certainly didn’t survive that.

“Husky Two SITREP! Dimitri can you hear me?” shouts Marco over squad communications. Grim silence comes across the communication system before a quiet “I’m alright, but shut the hell up my ears are still ringing.” comes from the other side. Tyco takes the normal suit’s helmet off for a moment to wipe sweat from his face with a rag as he maneuvers to recover his rifle. An unexpected voice comes over the headset. He can’t make out the details but he knows it is Lieutenant Commander Gramaton, CAG of the Northstar. Gramaton has been fighting the Zeon since day one of the OYW as a fighter pilot and has seen himself to now leading the entire MS complement of Norhtstar. “Husky Actual rally your team and prepare to return to the deck. We’re gonna get Akita back into space. Prepare for Rearm and Refit.” the voice says clearly. “Yes ma’am, Husky Actual copies all. Out.”

The crippled GM Command had been rescued from space by its twin suit in the unit and was being pulled back to the landing pod. Tyco could see the the recovery nets already strung up in the bay. The deck team of Northstar was the best he’d ever worked with. They drilled relentlessly and it showed. The response time was remarkable. The GM Cannon floated perpendicular to the carrier going from standing, sideways, to upside down relative to the lumbering beast of a carrier.”Hey Royer, you alright buddy?” Tyco sent on a private channel? “Yessir!” the young man responded over video coms. “That was good work, smooth reaction. Drink’s on me when we get some free time after this mess alright? Keep it up.” he said with a smile. “I got it sir, I’m glad Dimitri is alright.” the boy said in response. “Same here ensign, you’re next to land. Get in touch with air control, see you deck side.” Revre said as he cut the feed.

Observing Akita team’s three GM Commands and GM Custom replace his team on CAP duties, Tyco guided his GM Cannon II into the deck, staying within the guide lasers as he landed on the recovery skid in the Columbus class. The deceleration and grinding of gears rocks Tyco’s bodies. A camera focussed on his mobile suit reveals the large gap in his shield from the Rick Dom’s roket. The paint on his suit exterior was charred from the scattering beam despite no real damage being done. His suit’s been through worse, Good old Samantha will pull through the GM Cannon 2 always does. He walks the GM to its hangar bay and is promptly locked down before popping the hatch open, the area is still depressurized so he has to breath his stale air a few minutes longer.

He regroups with his team, a pair of medics surrounding his injured subordinate. “I will keep this short guys, good work out there. Keep that up and we will be out of here in no time. Catch some shut eye alright? Catch you back in the bunks.” The three pilots of Husky deliver salutes and return to what they were doing.

Returning to air pressure the captain finally breathes in new air. Appreciating the less ripe stench of Northstar versus his suit’s reserve. He doesn’t appreciate it long however, within ten minutes of landing, Lieutenant Tyco Revre is asleep in his bunk, finally able to take his mind off the fighting.