PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Menhir Savant Druid

YmarA
2018-03-14, 06:15 PM
While the place magic feat is active can a 2nd level druid cast a 2nd level spell? Also, if that 2nd level druid has a +5 wisdom modifier could he be able to use Echoing Spell on one of his first level spells? I'm new to casting classes so sorry if they sound like dumb questions xD. Thanks!

A Fat Dragon
2018-03-14, 06:23 PM
If the Druid has the Spell slots, then yes, but if he doesn’t, then no. It’s possible to know spells you can’t prepare, and is visible in quite a few instances.

YmarA
2018-03-14, 06:34 PM
Ok, that makes sense. Thank you so much!

MaxWilson
2018-03-14, 06:35 PM
While the place magic feat is active can a 2nd level druid cast a 2nd level spell? Also, if that 2nd level druid has a +5 wisdom modifier could he be able to use Echoing Spell on one of his first level spells? I'm new to casting classes so sorry if they sound like dumb questions xD. Thanks!

A 2nd level druid cannot, as far as I know, ever have 2nd level spell slots, so he cannot cast a 2nd level spell. (Except via magic wand/Staff of the Magi/whatever, which I don't count as the same thing.)

th3g0dc0mp13x
2018-03-15, 12:19 AM
Ooc what is a menhir savant druid? I did a quick Google but all that comes up is Pathfinder.

JackPhoenix
2018-03-15, 12:47 AM
Ooc what is a menhir savant druid? I did a quick Google but all that comes up is Pathfinder.

He's got the wrong game. There's no Place Magic feat or Echoing Spell in 5e.

Arkhios
2018-03-15, 12:49 AM

He's got the wrong game. There's no Place Magic feat or Echoing Spell in 5e.

That said, Menhir Savant from Pathfinder is awesome! I might have to make a homebrew conversion to 5th!