PDA

View Full Version : Player Help brilliant energy

Diegodod
2018-03-15, 07:08 PM
Hello everyone

I am here becouse i need one forme to torne myself imune to brillint energy.

The only 2 forms i discolvered is:

turning my self a undead ou turining myself a construct

how can i do this?

do you know another form to counter brilliant?

ty for you help

TheYell
2018-03-15, 07:13 PM
What are you up against that you would like to be immune to brilliant energy? Probably it is easier to kill that thing within a few turns than say, I can stand here forever and you can't harm me.

Arael666
2018-03-15, 07:13 PM
Some of those are borderline philosophical questions about what is you?.

But you need to remember you swap bodies, not exchange who is who. You are still you and are treated thusly. Meaning the erinyes goes back home with your body.

As for suggestions, use SorO_Lost's trick.
1. Buy a Dwarvencraft Obdurinum Masterwork Chain (32 hardness).
2. Cast Hardening on it (+10 hardness).
3. Cast Matter Manipulation on it (+5 hardness).
4. Enhance it with a +5 bonus (+5 hardness, may invalidate later?).
4. Cast Animate Object on it, making it a creature.
5. Cast Permanency, making animate permanent.
6. Cast Awaken Construct on it, granting it a mind.
7. Cast Human Essence on it, allowing it to be subject to mind-affecting attacks.
8. Manifest True Mind Switch using a Power Stone and Use Psionic Device.

You now have the Extraordinary ability Hardness found in Animated Objects, which per FAQ applies to all attacks as normal Hardness does for objects, and it's value is over 50. You can also skip #5 if your willing to suffer level loss (old body ceases to be a creature, ie dies).

Enjoy. :)

Or you could google google "true mind switch astral construct", I don't know the exact details but it's often mentioned as ridiculously powerfull.

Venger
2018-03-15, 07:14 PM
do you need this to be a permanent or temporary thing?

becoming undead or a construct permanently through something like necropolitan will work

if this is for an extant, non-undead non-construct character temporary measures include

the skull talisman (magic item) that gives undead immunities a couple rounds a day

kiss of the vampire (spell) also confers undead immunities alongside a variety of offensive powers

veil of undeath (spell) confers undead immunities

what is your character build? do you have access to spells? do you have enough money to buy stuff?

PacMan2247
2018-03-15, 08:02 PM
do you need this to be a permanent or temporary thing?

becoming undead or a construct permanently through something like necropolitan will work

if this is for an extant, non-undead non-construct character temporary measures include

the skull talisman (magic item) that gives undead immunities a couple rounds a day

kiss of the vampire (spell) also confers undead immunities alongside a variety of offensive powers

veil of undeath (spell) confers undead immunities

what is your character build? do you have access to spells? do you have enough money to buy stuff?

I'm a little surprised to be disagreeing with Venger on something, but here we are.

Granting a creature the immunities enjoyed by undead won't protect against brilliant energy: brilliant energy weapons ignore non-living matter, which causes them to be ineffective against undead. It's a characteristic of the weapon, rather than of being undead- temporarily sharing their suite of immunities doesn't make the character non-living. The wording of 'kiss of the vampire' includes a line about being treated as undead for all spells and effects, so I'd agree that one should work, but 'veil of undeath' doesn't include similar wording, and I'm not sure offhand on the skull talisman.

Diegodod
2018-03-15, 09:08 PM
I am a Dwarf /fighter 8 Dwarven Defender 2 54CA combo

My master likes to do some combos of 50-100 damage, so I create that

To conter my CA he starts to use brilliant weapon against me
so I need some thing to counter that

can be temporally stats

but now i thinked

Be a contruct make alot of sence for his title
"iron golem" (he use plate on all hes body, u can't se hes skin or hes breath moves)

In this moment I have 9k GP

Venger
2018-03-15, 10:35 PM
I'm a little surprised to be disagreeing with Venger on something, but here we are.

Granting a creature the immunities enjoyed by undead won't protect against brilliant energy: brilliant energy weapons ignore non-living matter, which causes them to be ineffective against undead. It's a characteristic of the weapon, rather than of being undead- temporarily sharing their suite of immunities doesn't make the character non-living. The wording of 'kiss of the vampire' includes a line about being treated as undead for all spells and effects, so I'd agree that one should work, but 'veil of undeath' doesn't include similar wording, and I'm not sure offhand on the skull talisman.

Kiss of the vampire's line about being treated as undead for the purpose of effects does indeed protect you.

Veil of undeath does indeed lack similar language. It doesn't change your type, and while the spell's up you're still whatever you normally were, so it wouldn't protect you from brilliant energy.

the item is actually called the "talisman of undying fortitude" (magic item compendium) it just looks like a skull. it also lacks language treating you as undead for the purpose of effects, so it wouldn't protect you from brilliant energy either.

I am a Dwarf /fighter 8 Dwarven Defender 2 54CA combo

My master likes to do some combos of 50-100 damage, so I create that

To conter my CA he starts to use brilliant weapon against me
so I need some thing to counter that

can be temporally stats

but now i thinked

Be a contruct make alot of sence for his title
"iron golem" (he use plate on all hes body, u can't se hes skin or hes breath moves)

In this moment I have 9k GP

what is 54ca combo?

are you talking about high armor class?

if that's another avenue, it'd be easier for you to just get a miss chance somehow, like through the minor cloak of displacement or similar (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?187851-3-5-Lists-of-Necessary-Magic-Items)

how exactly do you plan to turn into an iron golem?

Arael666
2018-03-15, 11:01 PM
what is 54ca combo?

are you talking about high armor class?

if that's another avenue, it'd be easier for you to just get a miss chance somehow, like through the minor cloak of displacement or similar (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?187851-3-5-Lists-of-Necessary-Magic-Items)

how exactly do you plan to turn into an iron golem?

Yes, it's armor class. He's probably brazilian or from other south american country. Down here we call it CA, or "clase de armadura".

On another note, no one is gonna chastise the DM for using brilliant energy weapons on a lvl 10 party?

Venger
2018-03-15, 11:07 PM
Yes, it's armor class. He's probably brazilian or from other south american country. Down here we call it CA, or "clase de armadura".

On another note, no one is gonna chastise the DM for using brilliant energy weapons on a lvl 10 party?

Thanks for explaining, I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

I mean, we might as well, but I've learned not to bother in threads like this unless it's specifically asked about. having brilliant energy weapons deal 100-150 damage against lvl 10 pcs is pretty gross.

since you're somehow weathering these unbalanced assaults, your dm had better at the very least let you throw wbl off by a similar factor by picking these things up and selling them, although your bank balance implies that this isn't the case which again is not ok and I figure the gm's just saying "hurr durr all monsters have brilliant energy" so you can't get loot

Elder_Basilisk
2018-03-15, 11:15 PM
Step 1: disarm.
Step 2: Pick up the weapon with a move action
Step 3: Point and laugh (free action)
Step 4: Run to the nearest city and sell the brilliant energy weapon for lots and lots of gold

Well, actually disarm is a serious answer. If the weapon is what is making the bad guy dangerous, disarm him and he won't get more than one shot with it. (Depending upon your build and the bad guys in question, you might even be able to use a reach weapon and disarm said baddie with the opportunity attack as he closes).

On the other hand, if the source of brilliant energy is not a permanent weapon enhancement (brilliant aura does it if I recall correctly and I'm sure there are other spells to grant the effect temporarily), then you can have your allies dispel it.

One Step Two
2018-03-15, 11:58 PM
Dispel magic is a legit counter to even a magic weapon. No save is allowed, Against the CL of the weapons enchantments, CL 16 for a brilliant energy weapons. Turn off the sword for 1d4 rounds.

Kelb_Panthera
2018-03-16, 12:39 AM
Suppress magic from magic of incarnum is a clr 2 and sorc/wiz 2 spell that, if you make the cl check, will suppress one magic item's properties for cl rounds. Whack the brilliant energy weapon with it and it won't be a problem any more.

Arael666
2018-03-16, 06:57 AM
Step 4: Run to the nearest city and sell the brilliant energy weapon for lots and lots of gold

https://memegenerator.net/img/images/5757367.jpg

Blu
2018-03-16, 07:11 AM

Probably brazilian because of the "combo", since it is a common slang here.

Based on his description it seems to be developing in to an arms race with the DM.

I mean, we might as well, but I've learned not to bother in threads like this unless it's specifically asked about. having brilliant energy weapons deal 100-150 damage against lvl 10 pcs is pretty gross.

Might be on point to discuss this. If situation is alteady or is developing in to an arms race, protecing agains brillliant weapons wont work since the DM will just also counter it.

Eldariel
2018-03-16, 08:27 AM
You can purchase two castings of Polymorph Any Object (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/polymorphAnyObject.htm) from a helpful spellcaster (2400gp combined as a service (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/goodsAndServices.htm#spell) at CL15) if you lack native access to it; that would allow you to gain permanent shape as a construct or an undead (construct is generally better; something like Zelekhut (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/inevitable.htm#zelekhut) is already available). However, he might just introduce enemies doing touch attacks (Wraithstrike [SC] makes all your attacks touch attacks as a 2nd level spell for instance) or simply non-save effects (Cloudkill, Acid Fog & co. influence you even on a successful save). My advice is packing some punch to go with your defense. Almost any defense can be overcome; the safest way is to have the power to defeat your opponents before they have the time to work through your defenses.

Diegodod
2018-03-16, 03:20 PM
Hello again

I am Brazilian

thks for all the help guys

i don't know how to turn myself a golem
the idia of dispell and kiss of vampire is simple and good

he use magic casts to give brilliant temporary stats,
so unarm is a good idia, but sell... not so

CA in portuguese is ( Classe de armadura)
in english AC

my strategy is tank for all the other dell damage
i am the only one who can receve 2 hits and not die

another question

how can I force enemies to attack me instead of my allies?

ty again guys <3

Inevitability
2018-03-16, 03:31 PM
he use magic casts to give brilliant temporary stats,
so unarm is a good idia, but sell... not so

Ask the party wizard to prepare Dispel Magic then. It's in his interest to not have his meatshield die.

Also, do all foes have this magic? Because that'd mean all of these monsters have an allied spellcaster able to cast 6th-level spells, which I suspect isn't going to be the case.

how can I force enemies to attack me instead of my allies?

The Goad feat might work, as does the Mindless Rage spell. However, a few levels in the Knight (PHB II) class could also work.

Arael666
2018-03-16, 04:53 PM
Really sounds like you're in an arms race with the DM, you pumped your AC so high he probably felt he needed to use brilliant energy just to hit you, and if I know brazilians well (me being one) I believe you're probably stacking bonuses to AC that should not be stackable, could you please post here how exactly you got a 54 AC as a fighter 8/dwarven defender 2?

The best I could come up with is +30, totaling 40AC, and that is dumping all you lvl 10 wealth into a few items to increase AC:
Full Plate +4: 11
Tower shield +4: 7
Dwarven Defender AC bonus: 1
Defensive stance: +4
Dodge Feat: +1
Amulet of Natural armor +2: 2
Ring of Protection +2: 2

I think you both should sit down and talk this through.

Cara, tá parecendo que você tá brigando com o DM. Você aumentou tanto sua CA que ele acha que nunca vai te acertar se não usar energia brilhante. Se eu não estou muito enganado, vocês estão somando bonus na CA que não deveriam se somar, sua CA tá muito alta pra nível 10, ainda mais sendo guerreiro8/anão defensor 2.

Mostra aqui como você chegou numa CA de 54, pq o melhor que eu consegui somar aqui foi +30, o que daria uma CA total de 40, e isso é gantando todo o dinheiro que você deveria ter no nível 10 com poucos items pra aumentar CA, da forma como tá na lista ali em cima.

Eu realmente acho que vocês deveriam olhar as regras de novo e depois sentar e conversar, pq mais cedo ou mais tarde vai dar briga isso aí

Crake
2018-03-16, 05:09 PM
Make your armor out of greenwood shaped with shape wood, and solidified with ironwood. It is now armor that is also a live substance, meaning a brilliant energy weapon will not pass through it. Shield is even easier, you can just make a greenwood shield without the need for ironwood.

I do also want to note the absurdity of 54 AC at level 10. You need at least +35 to hit that on anything other than a natural 20, which a CR23 solar angel has on their first attack with their 22 BAB and +5 weapon.

Really sounds like you're in an arms race with the DM, you pumped your AC so high he probably felt he needed to use brilliant energy just to hit you, and if I know brazilians well (me being one) I believe you're probably stacking bonuses to AC that should not be stackable, could you please post here how exactly you got a 54 AC as a fighter 8/dwarven defender 2?

The best I could come up with is +30, totaling 40AC, and that is dumping all you lvl 10 wealth into a few items to increase AC:
Full Plate +4: 11
Tower shield +4: 7
Dwarven Defender AC bonus: 1
Defensive stance: +4
Dodge Feat: +1
Amulet of Natural armor +2: 2
Ring of Protection +2: 2

I think you both should sit down and talk this through.

Cara, tá parecendo que você tá brigando com o DM. Você aumentou tanto sua CA que ele acha que nunca vai te acertar se não usar energia brilhante. Se eu não estou muito enganado, vocês estão somando bonus na CA que não deveriam se somar, sua CA tá muito alta pra nível 10, ainda mais sendo guerreiro8/anão defensor 2.

Mostra aqui como você chegou numa CA de 54, pq o melhor que eu consegui somar aqui foi +30, o que daria uma CA total de 40, e isso é gantando todo o dinheiro que você deveria ter no nível 10 com poucos items pra aumentar CA, da forma como tá na lista ali em cima.

Eu realmente acho que vocês deveriam olhar as regras de novo e depois sentar e conversar, pq mais cedo ou mais tarde vai dar briga isso aí

+4 fullplate and +4 tower shield are both one higher than what you've got noted there, they're 12 and 8 each. Improved combat expertise grants +10AC at the expense of -10 hit, and fighting defensively stacks with that for another +2 AC for -4 to hit. So your numbers (which add up to 42, not 40) plus 12 from that, makes 54.

Of course, if the player is taking -14 to hit at level 10, then aside from "not getting hit", he's not really DOING anything. If I were the DM, I wouldn't bother with brilliant energy, I would just use wands of magic missile, or area of effect abilities, slowly plink away since he sucks at hitting just as much as people suck at hitting him.

Bohandas
2018-03-16, 08:07 PM
Livewood armor and daelkyr living breastplates (Eberron Campaign Setting) and Bondleaf Wrap (Arms and Equipmemt Guide) should all provide their normal bonuses vs brilliant energy weapons

Goaty14
2018-03-16, 08:50 PM
Having a high AC is a common misconception on how to 'tank'. After all, who is the enemy going to hit: the guy who's consistently missing you or the nerd in robes? Including other methods of getting enemies to hit you (goad (Miniatures) and levels in knight (PHB II)), you might also go for levels in crusader (THE tank class). I mean, you can get a thing that makes enemies have a -4 to hit whenever they don't attack you.

Thing is, I'd change1 your build to have a lower AC before going into crusader levels because I think most intelligent monsters would end up still not attacking you, even with the -4 penalty.

1Specifically: -Lower AC -Higher HP. Sure, you'd get hit more often, but your allies would get hit less often!

Diegodod
2018-03-17, 10:18 AM
my AC
base:10
dex:+2 (pathfinder)(Armor Training 2)
Dwarven Defender:+1
Shild tower:+4
Montain plate:+10
Heavy armor optmization:+1
Greater heavy armor optimization:+1
Especialização em combate aprimorado :+10 (I can trade my BBA to AC) (I don't know this name in english)
Sword,Short,broadblade:+4(total defence)
Fight devensivily:+3
defensive postion:+4 (Dwarven Defender skill)
Tattoo:+1
Ring:+2

Total=53AC
------------------------------------------------------------------

Especial: Special: In case you are trained in the skill
Acrobatics, you receive +3 dodge bonus on
CA when you fight defensively instead of +2

Karl Aegis
2018-03-17, 11:22 AM
You should still have enough Armor Class versus challenge appropriate encounters even if they ignore your armor bonus and shield bonus.

Bohandas
2018-03-17, 07:08 PM
Especialização em combate aprimorado :+10 (I can trade my BBA to AC) (I don't know this name in english)

Sounds like Combat Expertise except that IIRC, Combat Expertise has a maximum bonus of +5

Blu
2018-03-17, 07:22 PM
So you are saying you are level 10, with only 9k to spare and neither your shield or your armor is magical?
And your DM is throwing 100-150 damage brilliant weapon attacks?
At this point i'm just gonna say leave the table. Not worth it.
It takes quite a bit of bad in DM category to use a strategy that negates your character build, considering the absurd amount of penaltys to your to-hit. Any solution you find to the issue will just as easily be ignored by the DM becoming pointless.

Eldariel
2018-03-18, 01:12 AM
Sounds like Combat Expertise except that IIRC, Combat Expertise has a maximum bonus of +5

It's Improved Combat Expertise [Complete Warrior] that uncaps it.

Crake
2018-03-18, 03:17 AM
Sword,Short,broadblade:+4(total defence)
Fight devensivily:+3

I think you misread how the broadblade works. It gives you +2 extra AC while either fighting defensively or total defencing. You cannot both fight defencively and total defence, because one requires you attack, the other prevents you from attacking, so the broadblade shortsword should only be +2 AC ontop of the fighting defencively.

However, that all said, your AC vs a brilliant weapon should be:

10 +2 dex +1 dwarven defender dodge +4 defencive stance dodge +10 combat expertise dodge +3 fighting defencively +2 broadblade dodge +2 ring of protection, and MAYBE +1 tattoo, I don't know what kind of bonus that is.

That's 34-35 AC at level 10. That STILL requires enemies to have +15-16 to hit JUST to be able to hit you on something other than a natural 20. At level 10.

Also, guys who are claiming brilliant energy is redonk at this level. Brilliant blade is a 6th level sorc/wiz spell that wouldn't be unreasonable to come against at level 10. It transforms a weapon into a brilliant energy weapon for minutes/level.

Blu
2018-03-18, 08:57 AM
Also, guys who are claiming brilliant energy is redonk at this level. Brilliant blade is a 6th level sorc/wiz spell that wouldn't be unreasonable to come against at level 10. It transforms a weapon into a brilliant energy weapon for minutes/level.

That would imply that they are going against at least level 11 casters, that are already dangerous by themselves, and there are also enemys using weapons against the party, wich would imply they are facing at least some CR 12+ encounters. They also seem to dont have any money(only 9k for level 10 characters) wich just adds up considering they are facing harder encounters.

His DM could also just be handwaving melee enemys to just have the spell since then the party would not gain an aproppriate amount of money from that encounters.

My point about it is that something seems off about this DM when i add the points of high damage fatal encounters that ignore armor and shields and dont seem to contribute to the party's wealth.

heavyfuel
2018-03-18, 09:50 AM
You cannot both fight defencively and total defence, because one requires you attack, the other prevents you from attacking, so the broadblade shortsword should only be +2 AC ontop of the fighting defencively.

You also can't Fight Defensively and use Combat Expertise because Combat Expertise is Fighting Defensively (You still get the bonus from Acrobatics though)

Normal
A character without the Combat Expertise feat can fight defensively while using the attack or full attack action to take a –4 penalty on attack rolls and gain a +2 dodge bonus to Armor Class.

Normal
What a character who does not have this feat is limited to or restricted from doing.

Normally a character fighting defensively incurs a -4/+2 penalty/bonus, but with Combat Expertise, this ratio becomes 1/1 up to BAB or +5 (up to BAB with Improved). This is the ratio for a character fighting defensively using Combat Expertise.

I used the SRD and not the PFSRD because he seems to be using the 3.5 version of the feat.

ericgrau
2018-03-18, 11:00 AM

Well, actually disarm is a serious answer. If the weapon is what is making the bad guy dangerous, disarm him and he won't get more than one shot with it. (Depending upon your build and the bad guys in question, you might even be able to use a reach weapon and disarm said baddie with the opportunity attack as he closes).

On the other hand, if the source of brilliant energy is not a permanent weapon enhancement (brilliant aura does it if I recall correctly and I'm sure there are other spells to grant the effect temporarily), then you can have your allies dispel it.

How do you disarm a weapon when your weapon can't touch it? I guess you could do an unarmed disarm at a penalty to bend the guy's wrist or something. Or maybe the fluff is you hit the guy's wrist but not enough to sever it? Ok, sounds like one of those ad hoc -2 penalty situations. Moving on.

Regardless, I like the general idea. If brilliant energy weapons keep appearing, then keep your AC just barely high enough to keep baiting the DM for extra treasure. Even without disarm, and the standard "Kill baddy, take stuff" method.

If it a caster casting brilliant blade or brilliant aura, don't waste time on a potentially failed dispel. Instead keep your AC just barely high enough to bait the DM into wasting a turn casting a spell. If the caster casts it before the fight, remind the DM that spells must be cast in a strong voice and now you have a free warning before every ambush. Also remind him why the heck are casters selecting that buff if they don't know your party? It's a bit heavy handed DMing. But even if he continues, wasting a caster round is worth it.

Yes, in general, something does seem fishy and heavy handed. Talk to the DM out of character if you need to.

Diegodod
2018-03-18, 11:28 AM
i think i don't Explain correctly

in this moment i have 9k to use
but i started whit 45k
Ispand taking (speed) on the montain plate,
weakness and Keen to the sword, to try give some negative status

Calthropstu
2018-03-18, 12:05 PM

Yeah, I had a similar strategy last week against my jade regent group. The writers gave a heavy hitter a maul of the titans. Party didn't like it much that they had their weapons broken.

Similar strategy would do well here. Disarm, take, run. Can brilliant weapons be sundered?

Venger
2018-03-18, 03:49 PM
So you are saying you are level 10, with only 9k to spare and neither your shield or your armor is magical?
And your DM is throwing 100-150 damage brilliant weapon attacks?
At this point i'm just gonna say leave the table. Not worth it.
It takes quite a bit of bad in DM category to use a strategy that negates your character build, considering the absurd amount of penaltys to your to-hit. Any solution you find to the issue will just as easily be ignored by the DM becoming pointless.

Yeah this is the only correct answer.

Disarming isn't gonna help since the brilliant energy is being done by "magic"

vasilidor
2018-03-18, 06:54 PM
after the DM finishes the Total Party Kill that he seems to want, start a new game with someone else as the DM.

Crake
2018-03-18, 11:05 PM
You also can't Fight Defensively and use Combat Expertise because Combat Expertise is Fighting Defensively (You still get the bonus from Acrobatics though)

Normally a character fighting defensively incurs a -4/+2 penalty/bonus, but with Combat Expertise, this ratio becomes 1/1 up to BAB or +5 (up to BAB with Improved). This is the ratio for a character fighting defensively using Combat Expertise.

I used the SRD and not the PFSRD because he seems to be using the 3.5 version of the feat.

Nothing in combat expertise suggests you cannot use it in conjunction with fighting defensively. If it said "when fighting defensively you instead get -1 for +1" etc etc, then sure, but combat expertise and fighting defensively are each their own thing, and can be used in conjunction with one another. You even quoted the normal section yourself, it says what it's "normally limited to", nothing about the feat being an "upgraded" version of the norm.

How do you disarm a weapon when your weapon can't touch it? I guess you could do an unarmed disarm at a penalty to bend the guy's wrist or something. Or maybe the fluff is you hit the guy's wrist but not enough to sever it? Ok, sounds like one of those ad hoc -2 penalty situations. Moving on.

Regardless, I like the general idea. If brilliant energy weapons keep appearing, then keep your AC just barely high enough to keep baiting the DM for extra treasure. Even without disarm, and the standard "Kill baddy, take stuff" method.

If it a caster casting brilliant blade or brilliant aura, don't waste time on a potentially failed dispel. Instead keep your AC just barely high enough to bait the DM into wasting a turn casting a spell. If the caster casts it before the fight, remind the DM that spells must be cast in a strong voice and now you have a free warning before every ambush. Also remind him why the heck are casters selecting that buff if they don't know your party? It's a bit heavy handed DMing. But even if he continues, wasting a caster round is worth it.

Yes, in general, something does seem fishy and heavy handed. Talk to the DM out of character if you need to.

Presumably only the blade itself is brilliant energy, otherwise nonliving creatures wouldn't be able to wield it, which I presume is not the case, since the weapon description says nothing of the sort. Disarming doens't mean going directly for the blade necessarily, you can go for the hilt, or even for your opponents hands.

That would imply that they are going against at least level 11 casters, that are already dangerous by themselves, and there are also enemys using weapons against the party, wich would imply they are facing at least some CR 12+ encounters. They also seem to dont have any money(only 9k for level 10 characters) wich just adds up considering they are facing harder encounters.

His DM could also just be handwaving melee enemys to just have the spell since then the party would not gain an aproppriate amount of money from that encounters.

My point about it is that something seems off about this DM when i add the points of high damage fatal encounters that ignore armor and shields and dont seem to contribute to the party's wealth.

A scroll of brilliant energy cast by a lower level wizard or sorcerer, or even a rogue with UMD would only cost 1650gp, pretty reasonable if you know you're going up against someone with monstrous AC.