PDA

View Full Version : Help with multiclass Barb/warpriest

blaze83
2018-03-16, 03:58 AM
Pathfinder (Sorry for the missing tag)

Hi everyone.
I'm kind of a new player and We will statt a new campaign soon.

I would like to play the Spiritual leader of a Tribe of babarians who worship gorhum.

No 3rd party
Good chaotic (We need to be good)
Teammates: freakin Frog rogue, Wizard, Hunter ( or druid) and me.

Is it a clever ideal of mixing Barb/ warpriest at first?
More Class lvl in Barb Le more in warpriest?

Is it a better idea to go for Barb/Cleric?

Is mixing pointless and i should just go straight Class xy amd just Role Play the Rest?

Also no Portal magic for ja cause you always have a 50% to go to the negative Zone in our World XD

Sorry for my bad english

Skuli
2018-03-16, 06:00 AM
First of all, Warpriest is a PrC that You won't be able to qualify with barbarian lvls, so what we're talking about is barbarian/cleric at first.
It all depends on what do You wan't to do. Do You wan't to rage Your enemys with Your great handaxe, or scream at Your party members so that they'll have more of everything. Mixing them up can be great, but more like barbarian dip for 2/4 lvls and rest go cleric.
Also, check shaman class, it could fit better with Your concept.

noce
2018-03-16, 06:03 AM
I'm not sure what do you mean with warpriest, to my knowledge warpriest is a prestige class and you have to be a divine caster in the first place to enter it.

Usually, mixing barbarian and casting is not a good idea because you cannot cast while raging.

However, there are a couple of prestige class that basically are what you're looking for. You do not have to be a caster to enter those prestige classes:

Champion of Gwynharwyf from Book of Exalted Deeds: it has the feeling of a chaotic paladin/barbarian.
Runescarred Berserker from Unapproachable East: it is more like playing a barbarian with mystic powers.

Both are very strong. Personally, I'm a fan of Runescarred Berserker.

blaze83
2018-03-16, 06:51 AM
Worldwidebester.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/warpriest (www .... can't post links)

I was talking about the hybrid class. Or is this a Prestige Class? Like said, English is not my best language.

Oh on a side note: currently i am NOT allowed to use unchained classes. Maybe i can change the .Und of my gm. Maybe gift him the unchained rules books so he has no excuse to be lazy and don't look into it.

I would like to stand my ground, so no full support healer.
I could imagine that beeing able to heal could be really nice we are a bit short in that one.

I would really like to play a character related to gorhum and yes i want that big nasty zweihander ^^

I don't need a uber maxed warmashine. But i don't want to realize that my lvl 8/ 1 barb/Cleric (or whatever) is a freekill for every enemy.

My character can be very MAD singe we roll 4d6. Keep the best 3. Reroll if the 3 best are 7 and below. And do this for 2x6. So We geh 2 statlines to choose form that are most of the time better that buy25

Blu
2018-03-16, 06:53 AM
To the OP it would be better to put the pathfinder tag on your post to avoid confusions like the ones above.

blaze83
2018-03-16, 03:52 PM
So no Input in a babarian warpriest Cleric multiclass for Pathfinder?

fallensavior
2018-03-16, 04:05 PM
I would look into Barbarian/Oracle/Rage Prophet for that type of character.

Florian
2018-03-16, 09:52 PM
So no Input in a babarian warpriest Cleric multiclass for Pathfinder?

Basically: Donīt do it. Rage and casting don't mix well at all, even with Moment of Clarity.

fallensavior
2018-03-17, 04:40 PM
Basically: Donīt do it. Rage and casting don't mix well at all, even with Moment of Clarity.

Rage Prophet helps with that.