PDA

View Full Version : Monk of the Rind

Dappershire
2018-03-17, 04:56 AM
So I had some small-curd cheese thought up as I was going over Way of the Shadow Monk.

Namely, an odd idea mixing the Shadow Step ability at 6th, and the Pass Without a Trace spell/ki usage.

It's pretty simple in theory (so can probably be pretty simply torn down) but the wording of Pass Without a Trace mentions a "veil of shadows", that, from what I can infer, reach up to 30 feet away from the Monk in each direction.

And the Shadow Step is just that, stepping from one shadow to another. Dim light, etc.

I'm not saying this is all powerful, or even terribly useful. Its dropping the Monk's step to half it's max. But in a well lit room, maybe a boss/throne room the DM wanted to keep your step-shenanigans down to a minimum, would this be RAW?

SkylarkR6
2018-03-17, 05:44 AM
AFB but Shadow step calls for dim light or darkness environmental condition IIRC. Pass without trace doesn't change the lighting, sadly.

Falcon X
2018-03-17, 07:19 AM
I’m not sure about RAW, but I would definitely allow it at my table. It’s a creative approach that isn’t game breaking.

Better yet, just cast minor illusion to make a fake wall. Technically, real light should be hitting it and giving off real shadows, right?