PDA

View Full Version : Tell me everything about Firbolgs

jaappleton
2018-03-17, 03:55 PM
Looking to make a Firbolg Druid, specifically Circle of Spores.

Seems they got quite a makeover in 5E than from previous editions, and I’m looking to take in as much lore as possible.

I’ve read their write up in Volo’s a few times now, but any additional info would be great!

vicente408
2018-03-17, 04:13 PM
As far as I know, their writeup in Volo’s is the only source of information on them in 5e so far. I don’t believe they’ve appeared in any other products or lore yet.

Naanomi
2018-03-17, 05:40 PM
Older editions had them bigger, and more human looking; but always have been goodish alignments. 5e looks to have mixed them together with Voadkyn in their lore compared to other editions

smcmike
2018-03-18, 07:19 AM
Matt Mercer does a very funny northern accent for them.

jollydm
2018-03-18, 08:37 AM
Matt Mercer does a very funny northern accent for them.

I loooooove Pumat Sol.

smcmike
2018-03-18, 09:09 AM
I loooooove Pumat Sol.

Yeah, one of my favorite NPCs so far (I haven’t listened to much of the first campaign). Minnesota Nice is a good fit with 5e Firbolgs, I think. They also seem quite similar to the Wheel of Time Ogiers - small giants with a nature focus.

prototype00
2018-03-18, 09:11 PM
AJ Pickett has a very in-depth overview of everything Firbolg related in the lore thus far:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=07kdNfWwZCw

I think a Forbolg member of Hartsvale’s Rangers shows up in Hartkiller’s Horn module.

I wonder where in the Realms would be most appropriate to have them from? Hartsvale and the Moonshaes since they’ve already been established to live there in the lore. I suppose they could come from anywhere there is dense woodland.