PDA

View Full Version : Warlock essence and shape invocations doubt

Daeris
2018-03-18, 11:25 AM
Hello guys, I'm actually playing a Warlock-Cleric-Eldritch Disciple, being the only support character right now. I have a doubt about how essence and shape invocations works.
I know they works over eldritch blast but it is said on Complete Arcane that invocations are spell-like abilities so they get a standard action to be activated. Is this applied to essence and shape invocations?
Do I need a complete turn to activate a essence or shape invocation and wait to the next turn to apply them to my eldritch blast?
Thanks for the help and sorry for my english.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2018-03-18, 11:51 AM
No, you spend a single standard action to use Eldritch Blast, and any shape or essence (one of each) can be added onto that as part of the same action. Essence and Shape invocations cannot be used by themselves, they don't take a separate action to activate, they're only ever used as part of the Eldritch Blast.

Daeris
2018-03-18, 01:58 PM
No, you spend a single standard action to use Eldritch Blast, and any shape or essence (one of each) can be added onto that as part of the same action. Essence and Shape invocations cannot be used by themselves, they don't take a separate action to activate, they're only ever used as part of the Eldritch Blast.

That's what I thought but I wanted to be sure, too many things to take into account playing this character. Thank you for your answer! :smallsmile: