PDA

View Full Version : Feat to boost Racial SLA caster level

Yogibear41
2018-03-18, 03:24 PM
Looking for a feat I can take to raise the CL of my racial spell like abilities by at least 2.

Want to be able to hit a CL of 5th at 3rd level, the CL for these abilities is normally equal to my HD.

Its for a potential half-fiend build I'm working on.

I have found the master of shadow feat from Drow of the Underdark that gives a flat +2 bonus, but I am looking for other options were I do not have to be a drow or a half-drow.

I CAN use my 3rd level feat to meet this requirement, but cannot use more than 1 feat on it (I can use 1st level feat or 3rd level feat)

Thurbane
2018-03-18, 04:02 PM
Nothing I'm able to find:

Practiced Magic (Shackled City hardcover) boosts up to +4 CL on SLAs, but only up to your HD, so won't work for what you are trying to do.
Elder Giant Magic (SoX) can boost an SLA by up to +3 if you increase activation time, but only if you have the Giant type.
Hellsworn (EoE) can boost SLA caster level by +1, but only for those with the Evil descriptor.

retaliation08
2018-03-19, 10:10 AM
Not sure how helpful this is, but gnome illusionist uses wizard caster level for SLAs. Might work for half fiend half gnome SLAs. Boosting wizard caster level may be easier for you.

Thurbane
2018-03-19, 03:57 PM
Maybe we can approach it from a different direction.

For what purpose do you need to hit CL 5 on SLAs by 3rd level? We might be able to find a workaround.

P.S. Orange Prism Ioun Stone gives +1 CL, but cost 30,000gp each. It's an untyped bonus, so two of these should do the trick.

Nifft
2018-03-19, 04:08 PM
Fire Gnomes (Planar Handbook) get +2 to caster level when using spells or spell-like abilities with the [Fire] descriptor. They also get two racial spell-like abilities with the [Fire] descriptor.

That'll get you caster level 5 for some of your SLAs by character level 3.

retaliation08
2018-03-20, 08:02 AM
Maybe we can approach it from a different direction.

For what purpose do you need to hit CL 5 on SLAs by 3rd level? We might be able to find a workaround.

P.S. Orange Prism Ioun Stone gives +1 CL, but cost 30,000gp each. It's an untyped bonus, so two of these should do the trick.

Im guessing entrance to Mindbender?

Krau sigil Illumians also get +1 CL to spells and SLAs.

Thurbane
2018-03-20, 03:58 PM
Im guessing entrance to Mindbender?

Good call.

Might also be Blood Magus or Daggerspell Mage, or maybe even Spell Drain feat.

Krau sigil Illumians also get +1 CL to spells and SLAs.

Unfortunately, like Practiced Magic, capped at character level.

Yogibear41
2018-03-28, 12:50 AM
It was for a prestige class that needed a caster level of 5th.

"Practiced Magic (Shackled City hardcover) boosts up to +4 CL on SLAs, but only up to your HD, so won't work for what you are trying to do."

Wasn't there a feat like this in a dungeon magazine as well? or was it the same feat reprinted?

Thurbane
2018-03-28, 06:18 PM
It was for a prestige class that needed a caster level of 5th.

"Practiced Magic (Shackled City hardcover) boosts up to +4 CL on SLAs, but only up to your HD, so won't work for what you are trying to do."

Wasn't there a feat like this in a dungeon magazine as well? or was it the same feat reprinted?

I believe the feat initially appeared in Dungeon in the Shackled City adventure path, yes.

It works much the same as Practiced Spellcaster, but for SLAs.