PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Greed II

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Haruki-kun
2007-09-06, 07:31 PM
You know what? I've come to a decision.

Is it not weird that out of five nobles who supposedly aren't getting paid, three have withdrawn their support from the rebellion?

These circumstances make it clear who I should side with. I choose to join Pastafarian AGAINST THE REBELLION.

Pastafarian
2007-09-06, 07:33 PM
Quite a few people have told me that these nobles actually DID get paid! :smallmad:

I want to know the truth:

Who's lying here?

Duke! Did you or did you not pay your nobles?
This is my official story, and nobody has contradicted it:

Due to a corrupt official in my bureaucracy ((my bad memory and easily distracted nature)), not all of the gold that should have been sent out last year reached its proper owner. Because of the reorganization necessary after the official's execution ((my real life)), I was somewhat slow in handing out gold this year. I have generously handed out a larger than usual share of gold to each of my nobles, reimbursed DarkCorax for last year (but not Psionic Dog, as he is a dirty traitor), and offered to randomly divide 8 gold among my supporters.

Fleeing Coward
2007-09-06, 07:34 PM
Lord Seneschal, change of plan, tell those thugs to let Lord Moff and Duke Salmon to pass freely for now.
Keep paying those ninjas that are around Lord Moff though

Pastafarian
2007-09-06, 08:04 PM
After counting up the votes, and counting the king as double due to his twice average power rating, it appears that the rebellion is tied. I remind everyone that you must actively support me to be eligible for my gold giveaway, and that in future dealings I will consider only your final vote, and overlook any premature decisions you may have come to before receiving all the facts. Also, what happens if the power ratings actually are tied?

EDIT: For further motivation, to restore my depleted treasury, and because I don't want to weaken my duchy by killing off one of my nobles, I am auctioning off the execution I will get if I win. Bidding will start at 3 GC and if I win the rebellion the highest bidder can PM me their choice of one traitor to kill along with the payment.

EDIT II: I must have miscounted. With the newest addition, the current numbers are eleven supporting me (nine and the king) against seven supporting Psionic Dog.

Therarde
2007-09-06, 08:09 PM
Well, I suppose I'll follow my duke and side against the rebellion. All hail the Flying Spaghetti Monster!

Psionic Dog
2007-09-06, 08:28 PM
Ok, so there is some confusion about who said what did what is justified. Very well, perhaps this broadway production titled "The Tragedy of Pastafran" will clear things up.

Day 1
Setting: Outside of the royal palace:

King: Greetings noble slaves, hear my coin and do my will!

Chorus: Pay us master Pay us well!

King: Have my gold and do my will, share it now!

Dukes: Oh marvelous marvelous generosity! Long life the king! (Dukes distribute gold)

Rebel #1: WHAT? Are you so cheep? Feel our wrath, we aren't your sheep!

Rebels: Long live the revolution!

Chorus: What Rebellion? So soon? What cause is thus?

Duke#1: What? No! I am honest, I kept only a double share!

Chorus: What! Down with the greedy duke!

Pasta's Nobles: They rebel so soon over wages low? Wow! And our wages have not come!

Narrator: And so the gold was distributed and the first rebellion born, but who shall win?

P's Noble #1: What? The gold is paid? But where is mine?

P's Noble #2: This is not good, what shall we do?

P's Noble #3: This is bad this is true, is rebellion the thing to do?

P's Noble #4: Well I got paid, lucky me: if you want my service here's my fee.

P's Nobles #1,2,3: Plot, Plot, Scheme, Scheme, should we revolt? Let's consult!

Other Nobles: Rebellion's good, go right ahead we too want your Duke's head.

P's Noble #3: My plotting bad I must admit, you lead the and I'll comit.

P's Noble #2: I must say, rebellion is the only way.

P's Noble #1: Perhaps it is, but not today it's now too late and our Duke may yet repay.

Narrator: And so the day past, the battle one, Duke #1 is now undone.

Chorus: The battle has been fought and won, but those lucky rebellious ones!

Day 2

King: Ah, well, it can't be helped: So here's my gold yea slobbering dukes!

Dukes: Well, low it is, but our king is right, this we'll take without a fight.

Chorus: Gold gold precious gold I have it now! Aren't we rich?

P's Noble #1,2,3: What? Gold already, and early too? This can't be just, our Duke has given only dust!

Chorus: Well, that's a shame but nothing more, grant your Duke time yet more

P's Nobles# 1,2,3: Twice again? This is hard, our Duke paid us not, not once!

Chorus: What? No gold for you? That is bad! Fight we say, you have our hand!

P's Nobles#1,2,3: Fight we way if fight we must, but not so soon, we'll bid our time.

Chorus (Part1): Why wait? Your fight is just! Begin at once!

Chorus (Part2): Your duke is cruel, he should not rule!

P's Nobles#1,2,3: Well... pay us duke we plead once more, pay us else we rebel!

Chorus: Fight Fight Fight Fight FIght Fight Fight!

P's Nobles #1,2: *sigh* Very well, fight we shall. Time we gave it is true, yet our duke is gone, what else can we do? (Declare Rebellion)

(Enter Duke Pasta with red tape)

I need not state the rest.

As you can see, we rebelled not for today, but for yesterday against a duke who had the nerve to command us to join a side unpaid in a fight. Angel made a mistake, and lost. Pasta made several bigger mistakes, so we fought. We have nothing against Pasta, he'd have made a good noble, but as a Duke, well, we don't want a leader who makes so many mistakes.

Haruki-kun
2007-09-06, 08:35 PM
@^: Can't say I didn't enjoy that, but I'm not switching. It usually takes me ages to make up my mind, soI finally did.

Fleeing Coward
2007-09-06, 08:50 PM
((Well, after reading through everything, I'm not so sure about pastafarian's innocence anymore. While his nobles that confirmed he paid them were most likely telling the truth, it is abit suspicious that he conveniently forgot the 2 nobles on his side that have lower power ratings and his change of tune from killing the treacherous noble to auctioning off kill rights if he wins to make more gold certainly isn't helping.))
The king withdraws his support and decides to remain neutral until he hears from the 2 nobles that pastafarian "forgot to pay".

GoC
2007-09-06, 08:53 PM
((This is wierd...
In the interest of fairness I should side with Pastafarian...
But in the interest of expelling players who aren't active enough I should side against him!:smalleek:
*sigh*
I'll side against him unless he declares that he will be able to make the deadlines from now on.))

Psionic Dog: Pretty funny but it wasn't what changed my vote!:smalltongue:

Pastafarian
2007-09-06, 09:00 PM
As you can see, we rebelled not for today, but for yesterday against a duke who had the nerve to command us to join a side unpaid in a fight. Angel made a mistake, and lost. Pasta made several bigger mistakes, so we fought. We have nothing against Pasta, he'd have made a good noble, but as a Duke, well, we don't want a leader who makes so many mistakes.
((Much as I love your script, your commentary has a few factual errors. Aside from the first turn issues, the only mistake I have made is needing to get some sleep and go to school today. I cannot state enough that you must allow flexibility for people's real lives.))

The duke makes another public appearance, this time with only two guards in dress uniform instead of riot control gear.

My fellow citizens of our great kingdom, it appears I must once again revise my opinion of you. Despite my previous statements, it would appear that most of you are in fact good-hearted and just, despite being a bit hasty in your decision making. On the subject of Lord Psionic Dog, our Noodly Master has advised me to show mercy. I would like to make it known that I do not intend to hold grudges. Finally, I would like to invite the entire aristocracy to a dinner party at my estate. The main course will of course be spaghetti, but other dishes, such as fruits, vegetables, meat, or Internet Explorer icons, can be made available on request (salmon, however, is an exception. No salmon will be cooked or put on a plate or other dish).

EDIT:

((This is wierd...
In the interest of fairness I should side with Pastafarian...
But in the interest of expelling players who aren't active enough I should side against him!:smalleek:
*sigh*
I'll side against him unless he declares that he will be able to make the deadlines from now on.))

Psionic Dog: Pretty funny but it wasn't what changed my vote!:smalltongue:
I didn't actually miss the deadline this turn; I was just a little later than some people would have liked. In the future I will, barring any unforeseen circumstances, be able to do my stuff at least every 24 hours.

EDIT II:

((Well, after reading through everything, I'm not so sure about pastafarian's innocence anymore. While his nobles that confirmed he paid them were most likely telling the truth, it is abit suspicious that he conveniently forgot the 2 nobles on his side that have lower power ratings and his change of tune from killing the treacherous noble to auctioning off kill rights if he wins to make more gold certainly isn't helping.))
The king withdraws his support and decides to remain neutral until he hears from the 2 nobles that pastafarian "forgot to pay".
The two nobles in question are Psionic Dog, who I have already declared I am not giving any more gold to because of his treason and aggravating assumption that it is unreasonable to be away from the game for 18 hours, and DarkCorax, who I have paid back in full and hasn't been seen for at least that long. As for the auction, it is for the exact reasons I previously stated: I don't want to kill PD, and I desperately need the money. The eight gold giveaway is leaving me nearly broke. And I don't think I ever actually said I wanted to kill PD...

detrevnisisiht
2007-09-06, 09:06 PM
i will go neutral also

GoC
2007-09-06, 09:11 PM
I didn't actually miss the deadline this turn; I was just a little later than some people would have liked. In the future I will, barring any unforeseen circumstances, be able to do my stuff at least every 24 hours.

It's probably not going to do you any good at this stage but I side with you.

Khaldan
2007-09-06, 09:11 PM
I am siding with pastafarian.

It's not fair that you're killing him on the fact that he was 4 hours ahead of the deadline.

Psionic Dog
2007-09-06, 09:27 PM
I am siding with pastafarian.

It's not fair that you're killing him on the fact that he was 4 hours ahead of the deadline.

*Sigh* I though I explained this: The problem is not this deadline but yesterday's deadline. Raiser revolted over too little gold. Our glourious revoliotion is over no gold, from the same day. The extra 12 hours was undeserved grace on our part.

Pastafarian
2007-09-06, 09:34 PM
*Sigh* I though I explained this: The problem is not this deadline but yesterday's deadline. Raiser revolted over too little gold. Our glourious revoliotion is over no gold, from the same day. The extra 12 hours was undeserved grace on our part.
Travelling Angel deliberately and consciously kept an unfair share of the gold. By contrast, your poorly spelled uprising is over a mistake, which has since been rectified. Anyone still supporting it is doing so out of either self interest or petty grudge-holding.

Pwenet
2007-09-06, 09:35 PM
Pwenet shifts his forces to a NEUTRAL stance.

Haruki-kun
2007-09-06, 09:44 PM

Well, I'm sorry for not helping you, but that was Raiser Blade's case, and this is your case. (Plus, I kept neutral during Raiser Blade's case, I should point out.)

But I guess I should just stay quiet about it, even if my stance does not change. Whatever agreement you come upon...........

Pwenet
2007-09-06, 09:48 PM
Well, I'm sorry for not helping you, but that was Raiser Blade's case, and this is your case. (Plus, I kept neutral during Raiser Blade's case, I should point out.)

But I guess I should just stay quiet about it, even if my stance does not change. Whatever agreement you come upon...........

The main thing about our Rebellion was that our leader on purpose took a massive amount of money for himself, and bragged about it to us and tried to bribe us as a group for a pittance.

That is what drove us into Rebellion.

This situation sounds like a mis-understanding.

Haruki-kun
2007-09-06, 09:51 PM
The main thing about our Rebellion was that our leader on purpose took a massive amount of money for himself, and bragged about it to us and tried to bribe us as a group for a pittance.

That is what drove us into Rebellion.

This situation sounds like a mis-understanding.

I am so happy someone understands why I'm against this.

You know, if this rebellion had been done in the third day for the same reasons, I might have supported it. But if it's this confusing, then clearly something's wrong here.

nathkry
2007-09-06, 09:55 PM

You make an interesting point, but apples and oranges are not the same fruit. What happens for one will not necessarily happen to the other. No one can control the masses.

I did enjoy your little snitch of prose.

Pastafarian
2007-09-06, 10:20 PM
Well, it is time for me to do that thing where I sleep and go to school again, so here are some closing arguments:
Every one of my nobles has received their fair share of gold at this point, except for PD, who is only being deprived due to his rebellion. No one, not even Psionic Dog, has contradicted this, or anything else I have said, let alone proven me to be lying about anything. The auction of the execution is solely because I want to leave PD alive, and because my generous handouts this year combined with the gold giveaway to my supporters will leave me nearly broke.

For your use and entertainment, here are some statistics from Pwenet's incredibly useful chart:
Loyalists currently have more people (8-7).
There are eight nobles yet to vote.
Most flip-flops is a tie between KFC and GoC; each have changed sides 3 times since their initial vote.

Psionic Dog
2007-09-06, 10:25 PM
Like many famous revolutions in real history, so this revolt was started by misunderstandings, false information, and self righteous conviction.

Again like many of the wars that have swept the lands we have irresistable momentum propelling us into a confrontation that only supernatural intervention could halt. In short through no fault of your own you are now being asked to take a side in the grand PvP revolution!

Friends and foes, this is not the time to debate the righteousness of the individuals, I have rested my case and Duke Pasta has made his rebuttal. Leave the morals and psychological mentalities for the historians. Today is a time of action, a chance to reshape the world and leave your mark of influence upon it.

So let us have hope that there remains something good in this greedy land to fight for, let us face the growing night and flaming valor from all sides that in the end reveals us to be what we are.

As you consider these things, I charge you: Join my revolution, a glorious revolt born in the dark of poverty and disappear that has risen up through a jungle of bureaucratic policies, Join me and I will be in your debt, and unlike my nobel opponent, I do not forget my debts.:smalltongue: Join me and tell your children and grandchildren how by your valor and bravery you shaped The Cowards land into a place were were dukes are held accountable and corruption was forever banished.

Thank you, and good night.

(Don't like my explanation? Pretend this is the 2008 presidential election and let your brains explode as you become paralyzed with terror and indecision.)

Pwenet
2007-09-06, 10:26 PM
For your use and entertainment, here are some statistics from Pwenet's incredibly useful chart:
Loyalists currently have more people (8-7).
There are eight nobles yet to vote.
Most flip-flops is a tie between KFC and GoC; each have changed sides 3 times since their initial vote.

Thanks for the compliment.

Today was a boring day.

GoC
2007-09-06, 10:30 PM

There's nothing more satisfying than having the deciding vote!:smallbiggrin:

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-09-06, 10:59 PM
Is it time to say "it's all over but the crying", yet? I really wanna say that.

nathkry
2007-09-06, 11:10 PM
Is it time to say "it's all over but the crying", yet? I really wanna say that.

This revolution is taking quite a while to resolve. Anyone currently supporting the revolution willing to wage three gold that Pastafarian wins? (I bet that he does. you bet that he doesn't).

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-09-06, 11:16 PM
After listening to everything, I have made a decision to join the rebellion. It just seems too convenient that Pasta "forgot" about giving his underlings their gold.

Calamity
2007-09-07, 01:30 AM
Recent events have confused me and so I will turn Neutral

Fleeing Coward
2007-09-07, 02:12 AM
Well, Duke Pastafarian, asking for bribes was just the last straw that made me decide to change my votes, your claims to been poor is by far the biggest exaggeration I heard. By my calculations and judging by the amount of money your nobles said you paid them, you have at the very least 21 gc and that's assuming you paid the inactive noble known as Waledo. Even if you intend to keep your pledges to split 8 gc, that'd still leave you with 13gc which is still 3 more than any of your nobles have.

The king supports the rebellion (This will be my last vote change, a greedy duke claiming he has nothing when he has twice as much as his nobles just doesn't deserve to rule.))

Jontom Xire
2007-09-07, 02:26 AM
I love Psionic Dog's writing. Witty, poetic, enjoyable to read. So I support the rebellion against Duke Pastafarian.

And anyway he has a point that he's not rebelling about this year's gold, but last year's, and anyway You did have plenty of time to correct things BEFORE the rebellion started, by paying both year's share in one payment - which you didn't do.

Funny how you only started handing out gold after the rebellion started. And excuses about real life getting in the way don't count. I didn't use to have access to email from work, but still managed to check it regularly every day, and when I did I'd make sure I replied to all emails without getting conveniently side-tracked.

Studoku
2007-09-07, 02:55 AM
Well, Duke Pastafarian, asking for bribes was just the last straw that made me decide to change my votes, your claims to been poor is by far the biggest exaggeration I heard. By my calculations and judging by the amount of money your nobles said you paid them, you have at the very least 21 gc and that's assuming you paid the inactive noble known as Waledo. Even if you intend to keep your pledges to split 8 gc, that'd still leave you with 13gc which is still 3 more than any of your nobles have.

The king supports the rebellion (This will be my last vote change, a greedy duke claiming he has nothing when he has twice as much as his nobles just doesn't deserve to rule.))

I agree with this so I'm siding with the rebellion again.

Almighty Salmon
2007-09-07, 05:17 AM
If the kings doing it, it must be right!

*Supports the rebellion*

I'm da Rogue!
2007-09-07, 05:28 AM

Although my duke Calamity is neutral at the moment, what our KFC just said makes me remain in the rebellion.

Pwenet
2007-09-07, 07:33 AM
I'm switching back to supporting the revolution!

Plus I like Psionic Dog newspaper articles to much to see him killed.

Chart updated with all the flip-flopping.

Haruki-kun
2007-09-07, 07:46 AM
That's it. The King switched sides, I have lost support, and I don't even know who's who anymore.

I'm going Neutral again.

Jontom Xire
2007-09-07, 07:48 AM
I'm switching back to supporting the revolution!

Plus I like Psionic Dog newspaper articles to much to see him killed.

Chart updated with all the flip-flopping.

What chart? I've looked but can't find it. Any chance of repeating it here?

Haruki-kun, I'm confused. The king switched to supporting the same side as you unless I'm mistaken, so now you've become neutral?

Fleeing Coward
2007-09-07, 08:25 AM
((As things stand now using Pwenet's useful little chart, it's 12 for the rebellion, 6 against. Strength wise, Duke Pastafarian's army is going to be overwhelmed at close to 2.5 to 1))

Neodan282
2007-09-07, 08:59 AM
I join the rebelion.
A fellow Noble should be the Duke! I say Pastafarian was a fluke!

Haruki-kun
2007-09-07, 09:05 AM
King FC switched sides against me, which is why I went neutral........

I'm so confused now!!!!!:smallconfused:

Oh, alright! Fine! I'll support the rebellion. But if anything happens to change my mind again, and going neutral and staying put.

And whoever becomes the new duke had better do one heck of a job, or else I'm not gonna support him when te nobles rebel again.

((You see? This is what I get for getting in stuff that doesn't concern me......))

Calamity
2007-09-07, 09:40 AM

Oh he does, does he? Well the King knows how much he pays his Dukes, and in fact, most of my nobles only have 1gp less than me. I support the rebellion against Pastafarian (again)

Castaras
2007-09-07, 10:04 AM
(( Okay guys, I'm adding an extra 24 hours to the time for you people to argue out the rebellion. ))

HyramGraff
2007-09-07, 10:23 AM
The forces of HyramGraff shall side with those of his King and his Duke. They shall march into battle against Pastafarian.

Flying Elephant
2007-09-07, 10:52 AM
This post has been revised. If you didn't see it earlier, it's your fault.

Pwenet
2007-09-07, 10:53 AM
((As things stand now using Pwenet's useful little chart, it's 12 for the rebellion, 6 against. Strength wise, Duke Pastafarian's army is going to be overwhelmed at close to 2.5 to 1))

((Now it is at 16 for the rebellion vs. 6 against. Even if all six had a power of ten (60 for those with deficient math skills, and everyone else had a average of at least 4, we will win. Heck, with Fleeing Coward, our beloved King, the people attacking just need to have at least a power of 3 each, except for one additional person with a power of 4. So yeah, the rebellion seems like it is going to succeed as of this time.))

Flying Elephant
2007-09-07, 11:04 AM
I'm in the rebellion.

GoC
2007-09-07, 12:24 PM
I side with my king and my duke.

This is the 5th time I've changed sides! XD

Artemis97
2007-09-07, 12:57 PM
I shall support the rebellion against the stingy Duke Pastafarian, as my Duke and my King have done. May their reigns be long and prosperous, so I can keep getting paid.

wadledo
2007-09-07, 02:06 PM
Noble Wadledo, who had been sleeping for the past few days, woke and decided to send his band of very confused commoners along with all his troops at the evil Pastafarian, but then counted his gold stores.
"Aw screw it, I'm killing him anyway. Bring me my giant potato! TO WAR, MY PEOPLE! TO WAR!"
He rides to join the rebellion on his magical steed, Mr. Spuddy.

detrevnisisiht
2007-09-07, 03:46 PM
death to the greedy:smallfurious: :smallfurious: :smallfurious: :smallfurious: (im pro rebellion)

Pastafarian
2007-09-07, 04:44 PM
Even if you intend to keep your pledges to split 8 gc, that'd still leave you with 13gc which is still 3 more than any of your nobles have.
How do you figure? Paying wadledo, Neodan282, and Flying Elephant left me with 15 gold. I handed out all you gave me this turn. I gave DarkCorax an additional 5 for last turn, to leave me with 10 (half of which would have gone to PD, had he not rebelled). Thus, once I have given out the eight gold, I will have two left, which is probably the lowest of anyone in the game, let alone higher than any of my nobles.

EDIT: @V Specific questions please.

Raiser Blade
2007-09-07, 04:55 PM
Huh? ^
:smallconfused:

I hate math.

Studoku
2007-09-07, 05:15 PM
I am waaaay too confused.

I'm going back to the apathetic bliss of neutrality . I'm not changing my vote again with the possibility of acting as a mercenary.

Fualkner Asiniti
2007-09-07, 05:41 PM
Fualkner, after sleeping for weeks on end, wakes suddenly.

"WHA? What's happening... Hey, I only have 2 gold pieces! Hmm... I better make some allies..."

Almighty Salmon
2007-09-07, 05:44 PM
You only have 2 pieces? I gave you more than that..

Unless Castaras hasn't given them to you yet. And i forgot to send you a pm telling you how much you got >_>

Raiser Blade
2007-09-07, 05:47 PM
Three cheers for miscommunication.

Hip hip hooray
hip hip hooray
hip hip.... hooray

Fualkner Asiniti
2007-09-07, 05:48 PM
Fualkner walks up to the duke, kneels until he is told to stand.

"Lord, I have only received 2 gold peices. I believe that I'm worth more than that, but if this is your choice, then it is fair."

Psionic Dog
2007-09-07, 05:49 PM
Oh please oh please don't let round two be like round one!

Huh? ^
:smallconfused:

I hate math.

Oh don't worry about it. Pasta is only defending (again) his spending habits to <insert sceptic of the moment>.

Just chant your war cries loader and ignore him. :smallsmile:

Once this whole war is over I may have to complete the "Tragedy of Pastafran" for the benefit of any forum historians who have trouble understanding this.

Pastafarian
2007-09-07, 05:50 PM

"Lord, I have only received 2 gold peices. I believe that I'm worth more than that, but if this is your choice, then it is fair."
See, this is how nobles should behave :smallwink:

Almighty Salmon
2007-09-07, 05:53 PM

"Really? I'm sure that i have given you at least five gold.. But if you really think you are worth more, Than i shall give you more money.

(I remember, i gave you 3 in the first round and 2 in the second.)

Pastafarian
2007-09-07, 05:55 PM
"Really? I'm sure that i have given you at least five gold.. But if you really think you are worth more, Than i shall give you more money.

(I remember, i gave you 3 in the first round and 2 in the second.)
I should point out that every one of my nobles (as always, excluding PD) has received at least twice as much as this.

Fualkner Asiniti
2007-09-07, 05:57 PM
"Thank you, my leige. May you live forever. Ah, and I have gotten wind of a rebellion. Which side shall you be taking, Lord?"

(@Narrator: What is my GP right now, anyway? Should I concider it 5?)

Almighty Salmon
2007-09-07, 06:02 PM
Well, at the moment i am supporting the rebellion. As are most people in this kingdom. I apolagize again for the little amount of gold you have recieved, and shall send the rest momenterily.

You may rise.

Raiser Blade
2007-09-07, 06:06 PM
I should point out that every one of my nobles (as always, excluding PD) has received at least twice as much as this.

Because salmon only gets a little bit of gold from our "benevolent" king.

You get more.

Your point has just ben mooted.:smallbiggrin:

But you are only paying 4 of your nobles so salmon has one more person to pay.

Pastafarian
2007-09-07, 06:07 PM
I would like to emphasize what just happened. Salmon gave his noble a pitiful amount of gold, then forgot to tell him what he got this year (still a pitiful amount). FA asked about it, got his gold, which still totals barely more than I have, and instead of rebelling over the meager payments, asks his duke for instructions on what side to take. Now, I don't expect people to stay loyal to me on 2.5 gold a year, but is it too much to ask to be allowed to live after making sure each of my nobles has vastly more gold than I personally possess?

@^: KFC has made statements that Salmon received 5 less gold than I did last year, and the same amount this year. Even if he gives the difference in expected payments to his other nobles instead of keeping it, he's still taking out a five gold difference all on one guy.

Psionic Dog
2007-09-07, 06:07 PM
See, this is how nobles should behave :smallwink:

I can see it now:

The Chivalrous Rebellion:

Nobles enter with silver platter and ax.

Ah, enlightened Duke. We know your judgement is unbiased and your actions sound, now hear us we beg:

You have neglected the lands granted you by the king and have lived in castles made of pasta oblivious to the world around you. Now please, inspect our cause and confirm the rightness of our course.

As you can see we have been wronged. Now sir: please deed us your lands and then place your magnificent head on this sparkling platter so that the suffering commoners will not be forced to fight and die uncaring deaths for what is rightfully theirs.

Pst: Pasta: this is were you say: "Ah you are right, I am wrong, guards! Rectify this wrong! My head shall be yours, and my lands too. Now love the land as I failed to do. (Duke dies)"

PirateMonk
2007-09-07, 06:15 PM
In the sea that makes up most of the domain controlled by the Pirate-Monk sect, there is a ship. Though it is slightly more ornate than similar ships, there is nothing to indicate to a casual observer that it is, in fact, the closest thing the land has to a palace.

A man in pirate regalia on the deck heads to a cabin, where there is a robed figure seated, resting his peg leg on a mat apparently woven from pasta.

"Supreme Abbot-Captain, the traditionalist pastafarians are on the verge of being overthrown!"

The figure considers this information.

"As you know, Brother Bluebeard, it is against principles to engage in non-ritual combat of any kind. We shall have to stay out of this for now. We may need to reassess our decision later, so I expect you to keep an eye on the situation. Stay on the mainland to receive any letters that arrive."

"Of course, your holiness." The monk walks out of the room.

((The weakest noble of the weakest duke tends to have a paycheck deficiency.))

Pastafarian
2007-09-07, 06:44 PM
I would like to present a script for how this could and should have been resolved:

Deprived Noble(s): Great duke! We have not received our fair share of gold!

Duke: Oh, right, sorry about that, here you go.
*gives owed gold*

Nobles: Thank you, oh wise and benevolent (if somewhat forgetful) duke!

Compare to how it actually went:

Noble who got paid: It's been at least a couple hours since the dukes were given their gold this year! Why don't I have gold yet?! How dare my duke sleep and go to school!

Deprived Noble: Yeah! He isn't paying us! Rebellion!

*Angy muttering. People join revolt.*

Duke: Oh, right, sorry for having a life and getting distracted. I'll give you what I owe, plus a little more to make up for it.
*gives gold*

*much debating, public opinion swings like a pendulum*

King: Because 61-59=13, the Duke has been hoarding lots of gold! Kill him!

*torches, pitchforks, etc.*

Also, to show my good faith and despite my needing to mortgage my castle to afford red sauce, I am canceling the auction. Instead, I will try to keep to my original plan to not kill anybody. If this is not possible, I will kill one person who opposed me at random.

nathkry
2007-09-07, 06:57 PM
A young lizardfolk mystic clad in majestic robes strides forward to stand in front of the gathering crowd.

"My lords," he begins "Can you not see and comprehend the simple situation that is at hand? Duke Pastafarian was devoting his attention to matters of state, trying his best to improve the lot that his subjects had received, and as a result of his hard work and constant attention, he accidentally forgot to dispurse the wealth that the might King had bestowed upon him among his people. Impatient and greedy, the treacherous heretic Psionic Dogrose against his kind and benevolent master, wishing to secure more riches for himself. When his error was pointed out, Pastafarian proceeded to rectify the unfortunate situation, and graciously overcompencated his other, more loyal nobles for their patience. Psionic Dog, however, riles at his punishment, and, fearing for his life, he continues to heckle and scheme. Wise and honorable leaders, I beseech you to see things as they truly are, not as they are projected by a manevolent preacher of propaganda, and side with Pastafarian, to help set things right!"

With that, the speaker steps back, and slowly turns to lead the gathered crowd.

Studoku
2007-09-07, 07:01 PM
Pasta, this is a final offer:
If you post a list of how much gold you have and how much your nobles have recieved, and at least one of your nobles verifies it, I'll side with you. Keep it in a simple form i.e.
Pastafarian: Some gold
Psionic dog: less gold
Some other noble: plenty of gold
Obviously you should use proper amounts.

Pastafarian
2007-09-07, 07:13 PM
Pasta, this is a final offer:
If you post a list of how much gold you have and how much your nobles have recieved, and at least one of your nobles verifies it, I'll side with you. Keep it in a simple form i.e.
Pastafarian: Some gold
Psionic dog: less gold
Some other noble: plenty of gold
Obviously you should use proper amounts.
Looking through my sent folder, I have assembled this full financial disclosure:

Me: 10 gold (but eight will be given to my supporters, leaving two)
wadledo: 14 gold
neodan282 and Flying Elephant: 10 gold each
DarkCorax: 11 gold
Psionic Dog: 6 gold (would be 11 if not for rebellion)

While this has not been perfectly fair, in the future I will keep a running count and give leftover gold to people who have received less gold first. For curiosity and comparison, I would like to see other dukes give similar lists.

wadledo
2007-09-07, 07:25 PM
^:smallconfused: ?

Why did you give me the most gold?

I'm like the last person you want to give lots of gold to.

I would have been more than happy with a total of 8.

I offer 4 gold to those who would help us overthrow the evil, and confusing, Pastafarian.
Possibly^

Therarde
2007-09-07, 07:28 PM
Waitwaitwait, you're killing the guy because he gave you MORE gold? That makes even less sense to me.

wadledo
2007-09-07, 07:31 PM
I ride a giant magical potato to war. :smallconfused:

Also its basic tactics to give the most volatile one the least to work with.
It would make me more dependent on him, and if others said they would give me money I would trust them less.
Duh. :smalltongue:

Raiser Blade
2007-09-07, 07:31 PM
Yay for potatoes!
:smallbiggrin:

I don't know what Travelling_Angel gave out before me but i gave

7 gold to each of my loyal followers: (everyone but Stu42)

3 gold to Stu42

I kept 2 gold.

I think Travelling Angel gave everyone 4 gold and kept 10.

When i got the 10 gold i gave 2 to every noble but Stu gave an extra gold to Pwenet (I owed him this) and spent all the rest on various things. read:Bribes

I currently have 2 gold and my nobles i assume have 11-17ish gold each.

I offer Stu a chance to regain favor with me by supporting me even though he keeps going against my wishes. The offer still stands.

Psionic Dog
2007-09-07, 07:41 PM
Gold, that greedy that metallic grease: It keeps the wheels of progress turning, but then? Nothing more, no, nothing more. The gold was bad and the wheels did jam, but glittering gold won't start it again.

Gold started our valiant charge, its lack showed corruption. But what now? Should we stop? Can we stop? Nay, his bribery only proves his corruption. Our duke's ship is sinking, so he lightened the load. But does this prove his grace? NO! Only his greed for power does this show.

So join me fiends, be not dismayed by the golden power the duke plays. For lo the days will come and the grass will grow anew, when your grandkids shall say: "What peace we have, how righteous the law!" And you shall know, it was by your blood that good proved true.

Pastafarian
2007-09-07, 08:04 PM
Sure, PD may say it's not about the money. But why else does he continue to press his point? He already knows I will do everything in my power to keep him alive. He only continues his revolt to become duke himself. And if he wants so badly to be the duke, what are the odds that he will not try to embezzle money? I notice that he has not provided a plan for how he will divide the money. The fact is, even if he does so fairly, the loss of power for the duchy will likely lead KFC to give it less money in the future. This revolt, if successful, will only make things worse for the nobles PD claims it is meant to help, and that includes Psionic Dog himself.

Moff Chumley
2007-09-07, 08:07 PM
The currently innactive cavvy ridders of the lands of Chumley, upon hearing the siren song of the bandwagon, ride off to war against Pastafarian.

Incedentaly, I don't care what I get paid. Once PM's are up, I'd be happy to have some money, but for now, my duke needs it more than I do. If he started as a Duke, then he has a more involved role in the game. If I were a duke, then it would seem like a waste of time if the game wasn't more enjoyable than if you are a noble, so I think he deserves it. Plus, he's th funniest participant in ABR.

EDIT: Posts somewhat sentimentally, Freezes Thread!

Pwenet
2007-09-07, 08:36 PM
A servant runs up, and puts the following results of the votes up for all to see.

King: Fleeing Coward:
Rebellion Against Pastafarian
Neutral to the Rebellion Against Pastafarian
Opposes the Rebellion against Pastafarian

Duke: Almighty Salmon:

Noble: Fualkner Asiniti:

Noble: PirateMonk:

Noble: Moff Chumley:

Noble: detrevnisisiht:

Noble: Exachix:

Duke: Calamity:

Noble: Artemis97:

Noble: Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins:

Noble: I'm Da Rogue!:

Noble: nathkry:

Noble: HyramGraff:

Duke: Haruki-Kun:

Noble: Jontom Xire:

Noble: Therade:

Noble: GoC:

Noble: Lord Magtok:
No Vote Yet

Noble: Heretic:

Duke: Pastafarian:

Noble: Neodan282:

Noble: DarkCorax:

Noble: Flying Elephant:

Noble: Psionic Dog:

Noble: wadledo:

Duke: Traveling_Angel:
Has been slain by the righteous armies of happiness and peace!
Duke: Raiser_B1ade:

Noble: Stu42:

Noble: Khaldan:

Noble: Pwenet:

Noble: purple gelatinous cube o' Doom:

The helpless servant the humbly asks his Noble for a pay raise for all the bookkeeping that occurred this year with the public opinion swinging around like a cat on catnip and a triple espresso shot on a bungee cord.

The wise Noble Pwenet agrees to the pay raise, while ordering more troops to the battle to destroy the corrupt, the confusing, the lazy, the unhealthy, the addicted to pasta to the point of causing health and memory problems, Duke Pastafarian.

Pastafarian
2007-09-07, 09:32 PM
At this point I would like to once again point out that by this point, the only arguments being advanced against me boil down to raw spite. No one is plausibly arguing that things will be better. No one is saying I owe anyone gold that I haven't paid them. People are just saying, "let's kill Pastafarian because we're a bloodthirsty mob that doesn't care about the facts."

Also, just out of curiosity, and in the interest of full disclosure (I have answered ever question asked of me honestly and in most cases promptly), what has the gold generation been so far?

wadledo
2007-09-07, 09:42 PM
Hey I'm killing you because you gave me money.
You never give me money if you want to stay alive.

Also, a constant change in leadership is usually what happens in most civilized societies. With no outward enemy we fall to each other like wolves devouring their own pack.

It's the way of nature.

Pwenet
2007-09-07, 09:48 PM
People are just saying, "let's kill Pastafarian because we're a bloodthirsty mob that doesn't care about the facts."

Hey - The fact of the matter is, you haven't paid me!

What?

Just because you are not my personal Duke doesn't mean you can't pay me. If you don't pay me, expect a knife in your back.

Fualkner Asiniti
2007-09-07, 09:51 PM
Fualkner stands at the top of his domain. Below are the shining torches of a mob, and with it, his army.

"The time has come. Our great duke, the almighty Salmon, has declared war upon the wretched duke Pastafairian."

*Boos and hisses from crowd*

"We now attack the fiend, for our land, our prosperity, but most importantly, the honour of the domain of Salmon!"

*Cheers of "Salmon! Salmon!"*

Fualkner walks into his quarters, and sends out a messenger: "The peastants are now riled. They shall follow your command, lord Salmon. Sincerly, Fualkner Asiniti" The note is sealed with his personal seal (My avvy.)

As of now, I declare myself rebelling against Pastafarian.

Pastafarian
2007-09-07, 11:17 PM
Hey - The fact of the matter is, you haven't paid me!

What?

Just because you are not my personal Duke doesn't mean you can't pay me. If you don't pay me, expect a knife in your back.
Has PD paid you? Where's the knife in his back? And if you did support me, I would, assuming I survived, pay you. On average.

Eight gold!

EDIT: I am doing that sleep thing again, so good night. I would like to make a few final comments that may or may not be my last words. I have been completely honest and open on all counts. I have answered all questions relating to my actions, and nobody has even disputed my statements, much less proven them wrong. Unfortunately, unlike my greedy, power-hungry rivals who hope to gain wealth at the expense of my nobles and myself, I cannot afford to bribe people to join my side, as I have given all my gold to the people who deserve it. Finally, I would like to give my guesses as to the most likely targets of future rebellions. First, Almighty Salmon has already admitted that one of his nobles has gotten only 5 gold. I'm sure Fualkner Asiniti would love to be one of my nobles, who on average have received more than twice as much as he (the only one who has less than twice as much is currently rebelling against me, and even he got more). In addition, KFC, who has not yet released the annual kingdom budget, could have 50 gold or more in his personal treasury. The other dukes could also very well have rebellions from greedy nobles looking to lower their duchies' power levels.

Raiser Blade
2007-09-07, 11:22 PM
:smallbiggrin: I paid him.

Jontom Xire
2007-09-08, 12:28 AM
I have answered all questions relating to my actions, and nobody has even disputed my statements, much less proven them wrong.

Actually that's not true.

KFC, who hands out the gold and therefore knows EXACTLY how much you have got reckons you have more gold than you do.

But basically, give it up. It's a game. You're not going to save yourself. Somone has to die and it's going to be you. Have a little more grace about it.

You screwed up. You didn't give gold to all your nobles on day one and they got riled. That is how this game is played. You can scream about how you had to sleep and how you had homework and forgot until you are blue in the face, but the simple fact of the matter is that you didn't pay them and were slow to pay on day two so they decided to rebel. I suggest you mark it down to experience and die with good grace.

heretic
2007-09-08, 01:31 AM
"What!? The king switched sides? I shall remain neutral."

Fleeing Coward
2007-09-08, 05:23 AM
((Ok, I stand corrected about my numbers. I had based my assumptions on what the nobles and pastafarian had said about the giving out of the gold - since Waledo wasn't around, I assumed you paid him the same as Neodan and Flying Elephant (4 extra gc), that you paid retroactively paid Dark the same as the other 2 (1 extra gc) and that you didn't pay anything to Psionic Dog (6 extra gc), which is where I got my extra 11 gc from.
However I still stand by my statement about the Duke's greed. Had he paid his 2 low powered nobles in the first place, he wouldn't have had this rebellion in the first place and he did try to immediately obtain more money the moment the vote looked to be turning his way.))

Studoku
2007-09-08, 05:46 AM
People are just saying, "let's kill Pastafarian because we're a bloodthirsty mob that doesn't care about the facts.

The internet tends to be like that. You would be naive to think otherwise.

Almighty Salmon
2007-09-08, 06:58 AM
"We now attack the fiend, for our land, our prosperity, but most importantly, the honour of the domain of Salmon!"

*Cheers of "Salmon! Salmon!"*

I feel so loved :smallbiggrin: :smalltongue:

Pwenet
2007-09-08, 07:12 AM
Has PD paid you? Where's the knife in his back? And if you did support me, I would, assuming I survived, pay you. On average.

Eight gold!

*snip*

PD has paid me with his wonderful writing, the newsletter of events which is a joy to read, and NOT supporting Traveling Angel during the previous game day. Oh yes, some of us remember who you have tried to support, and some of us don't take kindly to knives in the back. Thankfully yours was dull, unsharpened, broken off at the tip, and barely scratched my clothing.

Granted PD didn't support us or Traveling_Angel either, but he stayed Neutral, to which I thank him.

So, to quote the ever-lovable Donald Trump.

"You're Fired!"

Oh yes, a pure pasta diet is unhealthy, so I am rebelling to save your poor citizens from that fate.

:smallbiggrin: I paid him.

Indeed he has. All hail the wise and kind Duke Raiser_B1ade!

Psionic Dog
2007-09-08, 08:45 AM
The internet tends to be like that. You would be naive to think otherwise.

It's not only the internet, as one wise 1st grade teacher told me long long ago, "Life's unfair, and then you die." Now, I still think that was a little harsh to tell 1st graders, but the message is essentially true.

Pastafran: as Pwenet pointed out, my ol' grandady would have said "You put up a good fight, but the razor was dull." :smallamused:

I suggest you smuggle yourself out into exile in a take-out box before the armies arrive at the palace gates.:smallbiggrin:

Oh, if anyone was wondering, yes there will be a round 3 WEEKLY BARK addition. If you have any questions or comments, please consult my corruptible competent reporters who will be more than happy to miss quote you.

Edit: @V 6 Hours? :smalleek: I could have sworn this all ended in less than 60 minutes…

Pastafarian
2007-09-08, 09:14 AM
My fellow dukes, you could be next! If people can die for a bad reason, how long before dukes start being killed for no reason at all? To those who say I cannot win, I say that my cause is just, the Flying Spaghetti Monster supports me, and there are six hours left for votes to change. Six hours that will likely be highly active, as they fall on a Saturday afternoon.

Pwenet
2007-09-08, 09:26 AM
Time till Pastafarian death - 1.5 Hours from now according to the operator of the game.

Pastafarian
2007-09-08, 09:31 AM
Time till Pastafarian death - 1.5 Hours from now according to the operator of the game.
How does one figure? The post that ended year one was at 4:00 PM.

Pwenet
2007-09-08, 09:38 AM
How does one figure? The post that ended year one was at 4:00 PM.

Considering I am talking to Castaras on MSN right this moment, and she said the day ends in 1.5~ hours.

Last I checked, you are a soon-to-be-lynched-Duke with some power for your nobles, Fleeing Coward has the ultimate control over the gold, but Castaras is the ultimate voice of authority in when things happen here. The day should have ended yesterday to be honest, she extended it by 24 hours.

Start packing your bags: Have some exit music! (http://youtube.com/watch?v=bUF4U2ZzUH4)

Pastafarian
2007-09-08, 10:16 AM
Considering I am talking to Castaras on MSN right this moment, and she said the day ends in 1.5~ hours.

Last I checked, you are a soon-to-be-lynched-Duke with some power for your nobles, Fleeing Coward has the ultimate control over the gold, but Castaras is the ultimate voice of authority in when things happen here. The day should have ended yesterday to be honest, she extended it by 24 hours.

Start packing your bags: Have some exit music! (http://youtube.com/watch?v=bUF4U2ZzUH4)
I'm not questioning the accuracy of your time, just how it is determined. Also, I believe the extension was the 24 hours mandated by the rules in the event of revolt.

Psionic Dog
2007-09-08, 10:25 AM
It think the clock starts whenever Castaras offical posts the rebellion notification. The first notification was at 4:30 GMT (48 hours from this ends in 1 hour), and the extention was posted at 3:04 GMT (24 hours from this ended 20 minutes ago)

Castaras
2007-09-08, 10:48 AM
What Psionic Dog said. Sometimes I'll have real life stuff that occurs that makes it hard for me to post a different times(See Pasta? You're not the only one with real life commitments! :smallwink:). And as soon as I see a rebellion, I'll post an official notice.

Oh, and the year has now ended.

A newspaper.

‘Twas only a newspaper that began this most recent rebellion.

Words can have so much power, can they not?

At least, that’s what Psionic Dog thought. With his newspaper, the Weekly Bark, he showed how his Duke, Pastafarian, Greedy and Forgetful, paid the little doggy nothing.

Not one coin.

Surely this couldn’t go on like this?

At least, that’s what Noble DarkCorax, Duke Raiser_B1ade, and Noble Exachix thought. They almost instantly gave their support, through their respective armies. Soon after, the armies of Noble Pwenet and Duke Almighty Salmon remobilized, joining the rebels on the march to the castle of Pastafarian. Along with these brave souls came the armies of Moff Chumley, Stu42, wadledo, Flying Elephant, GoC, Haruki-Kun, Jontom Xire…The army spread over miles, being topped off with the elite guardsmen of King Fleeing Coward.

But there seemed to be something in the air…A great feeling of Doubt came over many of the armies who had come to fight. Among those in doubt were Duke Calamity, Noble Moff Chumley, and Noble Stu42. Took only a few glimpses of a strange, spaghetti tentacle(or so they thought), to make these three take their armies and flee. Waiting for them was the gloop of Noble PGCoD, Noble Neodan282 and his kobold spies, and Noble PirateMonk, with his army of rum-drinking martial-artists.

Ahead, they watched as the army following the courageous Psionic Dog finally saw the castle of Pastafarian, and its Spaghettified guards of gold. The Duke Pastafarian stood, in one of the towers of his mighty castle, waving a white flag.

“Come, Psionic Dog. Shall we settle this like civilised gentlemen? Here, I have the gold you were after.”

The sound of gold clinking rings out over the silent battlefield, and messengers came out, carrying bags of gold, paying every one of Pastafarian’s nobles. Psionic Dog blinks, only gaining one small bag of gold.

“This all?”
“Yep. Can’t really reward rebels, can I?”

This made Psionic Dog angry. But as he raised his hand to signal the attack, a horn is heard on the horizon, as the gladiators of Heretic are seen, horses frisky, ready for the battle. Beside him are the kobold Jedi of Khaldan, lightsabers at the ready, and the beastmasters following Psionic Dog. The sight of these were enough to send King Fleeing Coward off to do as his name would suggest, and for the brave Pwenet to falter and run also. With the loss of these armies, the army of detrevnisisiht, confused, turned upon their own allies, hacking and slashing their way towards the castle from their formation at the back. Within the confusion, the double agent GoC turned around and joined detrevnisisiht in the killing of the Rebels. Soon, the army that came to destroy Pastafarian is in shambles, many questioning why they are there, others changing sides constantly.

It was this chaos that sparked Psionic Dog to ask for the help of those who declared neutrality. Those like PGCoD, Pwenet, Fleeing Coward, Neodan282, Calamity, and Moff Chumley, who were swayed by the heart-rending speech, and the soulful puppy-dog eyes that pleaded.

The charging forces of these reinforcements were enough to help slow down the confusion, bringing most of the rebels back to the banner, charging at the helpless Pastafarian. Even Noble Heretic, confused, army falling fast, turns tail and flees.

Upon finally reaching the castle, an avatar of the Flying Spaghetti Monster slowly descends, eyes blazing in fury at the mortals daring to attack his loyal worshipper.

But even gods are no match for hordes of greedy rebels, fighting for money only. Shredded into bits of spaghetti and pasta, the avatar fell, and the horde charged at the castle, breaching the walls and finding the trembling Pastafarian on his throne, with a bag of gold in hand.

You…you don’t have to kill me! I’ll pay you for not killing me!
Too bad, Pastafarian. I’ll take that money and more off your corpse. Get ‘im, guys!

At Psionic Dog’s command, the hounds charge, ripping the terrified Pastafarian apart. Psionic Dog ponders, trotting over to the bloodied throne. He sniffs it, before carefully jumping up and sitting among the gold and silver decorations in honour of the Spaghetti Monster.

Another corrupt duke has fallen! We are freed from his Tyranny, Greed, and Forgetfullness!

The cheers echoed throught the passageways, as another bloody year in the reign of King Fleeing Coward ended.

(( The rebels won. Pastafarian is now dead, his gold passes to Psionic Dog, and Psionic Dog is now a Duke. Gold will be sent out to the king for the next year, and then there’ll be 24 hours for him to send out gold. ))

Pastafarian
2007-09-08, 10:57 AM
his gold passes to Psionic Dog
Wait a minute. The rules only say gold gets captured if the rebels lose. It never says the rebels can get the duke's gold.
@V: If I had realized that had happened, I might have.

More generally, good game all, maybe I'll do better if there is a next time. Also, it might be interesting to try Inverse Greed, which would be a little more realistic.
Each year, each peasant would get 5-10 gold. They would give some to their noble, who would give some to the king. Nobles can execute peasants at any time, but if they do so it reduces their income. The king can try to execute a noble, and succeeds as long as he can get one noble to side with him. However, if he cannot get any noble to agree, he is deposed and replaced by the noble he tried to kill.

Pwenet
2007-09-08, 11:01 AM
Wait a minute. The rules only say gold gets captured if the rebels lose. It never says the rebels can get the duke's gold.

That is what happened last rebellion, I didn't see you complaining.

Goodbye. Thanks for Playing.

VICTORY! (http://youtube.com/watch?v=nVTaD1PY1aw)

Haruki-kun
2007-09-08, 11:07 AM
((Dead men tell no tales.))

Therarde
2007-09-08, 01:15 PM
Therarde, noticing that the Pastafarian has been killed, slowly brings his troops out, trying to not be noticed.

Kish
2007-09-08, 01:24 PM
Also, it might be interesting to try Inverse Greed, which would be a little more realistic.
Each year, each peasant would get 5-10 gold. They would give some to their noble, who would give some to the king. Nobles can execute peasants at any time, but if they do so it reduces their income. The king can try to execute a noble, and succeeds as long as he can get one noble to side with him. However, if he cannot get any noble to agree, he is deposed and replaced by the noble he tried to kill.
I'm not seeing any incentive for anybody to execute anybody there--especially for nobles to execute peasants.

Psionic Dog
2007-09-08, 01:31 PM
Enjoy. :smallsmile:

WEEKLY BARK
Delivering Headline news to your doorstep

PSIONIC DOG TRIUMPHS IN PVP REVOLUTION
— In an epic battle for the course of the future in Gwynedd, Psionic Dog led his impoverished mass equipped by the generosity of the kingdom against the conniving and corrupt Duke Pastafran. Hypnotically the arrogant Duke played his charm and gold out before the kingdom and appealed to his King and fellow Dukes to jointly oppress the Nobles, refusing to consider that he was wrong. With bitter words and entangling logic and convoluted legal jargon he turned the masses against each other and nearly stalled the glorious revolt and the hope that went with it.
— However, bureaucracy could only delay justice so long. As the duke plunged the land into darkness and confusion, the mournful and eloquent cry of the exalted Psionic Dog cut through, shining like a torch in the night. At this the kingdom recognized the truth and realized that the Duke Pasta was about to escape unharmed. United again in common purpose they charged, their armies fighting as one and stormed the pasta palace, turning a deaf ear to the pathetic whimpering of the the pasta duke, and ended his tyrannical greed and forgetfulness forever.

DUKE PASTAFRAN FUNERAL SCHEDULED TOMORROW
— We will never know what made the crazy Duke fight in the face of overwhelming armies. Perhaps the Spaghetti avatar he trusted for guidance filled him with foolish valor, or maybe he possessed unrecognized bravery and courage: whatever the cause we shall never know as his stand ensured his demise. Now that his gnawed bones have been recovered from the rubble and are to be buried in the consecrated grounds of the Royal Seminary. While for many this would be an honor, Pastafran will be buried there only to ensure that his bones continue to peacefully rest for eternity.
— Refreshments will also be served free of charge at a victory celebration once the necessary funeral has concluded. The pasta god's spaghetti remains will be served there with coney stew and roasted crickets on the side. All dukes and nobles are invited to attend, along with our gracious king.

CONSEL OF VILLAGE ELDERS DECLARE NEW HOLIDAY
— In a noble gesture of gratitude, the village elders of Psiland have dedicated a week for regional celebration over their success against Pastafran in the long trying revolution. Starting with the first monday in the ninth month, five days have been hereby named "Remembrance Week." Starting with Honor Monday, in memory of PsiDogs's opening speech, the other days have likewise been named Tuesday Reprieve, Dark Wednesday, Unified Thursday, and Wet Friday respectively.
— Tuesday Reprieve is dedicated to the generous food and medical relief sent by Pwenet. Dark Wednesday remembers the confusion that struck the revolution in the middle of the battle, and honors Raiser_B1ade, Exachix, and DarkCorax for their unwavering support. Unified Thursday is to be a celebration for the hour when the righteous armies reunited and the 5 wronged nobles stood together. Finally, wet Friday commemorates the peace and prosperity that came to the Psilands with the end of the fighting, and it champions Exachix and the wise Almighty Salmon for their engineers and the technical expertise that enabled the Great Irrigation Repair Project to end the blight and restore the prosperity of the land.

COMMONERS REGAIN PROSPERITY
— No sooner was the tyrannical Duke PASTAFRAN dead than the volunteer army set to work dismantling the gaudy and extravagant Palace of the old duke and replace it with a small manor house and courthouse from which the new Duke will administer his lands. Their search reviled that the old pasta obsessed Duke had hoarded so much grain and past that it was possible for the entire army to feast with enough remaining to feed the province for 3 months should famine strike again.
— Also, back in the blight stricken Psiland, the Noble Exachix's engineers reviled the cause of the blight to be the failed irrigation network that had been neglected under Duke Pastafran. With the finances available from the disposed Duke's treasury, and the majestic and honorable Almighty Salmon's personal expertise, these men were able to repair the damage and restore prosperity to the impoverished land. To show their appreciation, the citizens of Psiland have dedicated a week of celebration in honor of those how enabled their prosperity.

Is your life story worth telling? For a small fee you too can have our corruptible reporters write a special propaganda statement just for you!

Did we mis-quote an event? For a few gold to cover print now get a revised accurate addition printed.

Exachix
2007-09-08, 01:32 PM
The Armies of Exachix, as well as their leader, return home.

The Engineers of Exachix's land linger, assisting with the great Irrigation project.

Pwenet
2007-09-08, 01:37 PM
With the food and other supplies received by a grateful population, Pwenet forces make their way back towards his lands, with a few engineers and crop technicians staying to help oversee the overhauls to the land.

PirateMonk
2007-09-08, 02:06 PM
I'm not seeing any incentive for anybody to execute anybody there--especially for nobles to execute peasants.

If the peasants are all paying too little, the noble can execut one as an example to the others.

((Are we going to actually play out the funeral?))

detrevnisisiht
2007-09-08, 05:11 PM
another greedy duke is killed, i was confused at first but i feel that i made the right choice,i propose a toast, to the land's newest duke, may he pay his people on time and live long because of it.

Studoku
2007-09-08, 05:11 PM
Are we going to actually play out the funeral?
More importantly, can I have the body parts to make a Frankenstein?

I'm training it to kill all the pedants that say Frankenstein was the creator, not the monster. It'll also kill telemarketers.

GoC
2007-09-08, 05:25 PM
GoC's army pillages and loots the ex-duke's castle, then they run off.:smallbiggrin:

Psionic Dog
2007-09-08, 05:44 PM
GoC's army pillages and loots the ex-duke's castle, then they run off.:smallbiggrin:

:smallannoyed: Pasta's ok, but if they walked out with the meat balls and tomato sauce I may have to get angry...

EDIT: @V The King hasn't payed the Dukes yet.

Neodan282
2007-09-08, 10:13 PM
Now Psionic Dog, don't make the Pasta-mistake! I know everything going on within Psila- Never mind, I don't. Yeah, I so don't. Yeah, I 100% don't. Heh-heh.

Fleeing Coward
2007-09-09, 02:37 AM
The king has been distracted by matters beyond his control (namely a call from work) but has taken care of these matters for now. Gold will be issued to my dukes upon clarification of rules regarding dealing with rebellious dukes.

EDIT: All gold from this year's income has been distributed to my loyal dukes and nobles. While it has not been as much as previous years, the land has fallen upon hard times and the crown has done the best it can to ensure equitable treatment of all it's subjects.

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/3326/greedfw9.jpg

In total, the crown has decided to distribute gold equivalent to 135gc (5 more gc than generated this year) to the nobles and dukes based purely on the number of people residing in each land. As such, the 3 dukes with 5 nobles to support have received a sum of 30gc while Duke Psionic Dog received payments of 25gc to support him and his 4 nobles.

For his planned treachery, the Crown has decided to stop all payments to Duke Raiser_Blade as it is clear that any payment would go towards helping him in his attempts to further destablise the land. However, the Crown has sent envoys to each of his nobles with a sum of 5gc to ensure that they do not suffer for their Duke's treason.

Castaras
2007-09-09, 05:18 AM
(( Okay, the Dukes have 24 hours to distribute their gold to their noble rabble. ))

Jontom Xire
2007-09-09, 05:51 AM
Nice going KFC. You're playing an interesting game and raising the bar on previous games. I like your tactic. I tried something very very similar last game as a duke.

I do have a slight question though. How can we be sure you didn't alter the amount of gold generated by the kingdom at the same time as you were editing out Psionic Dog's new power rating?

;)

Fleeing Coward
2007-09-09, 06:03 AM
That all comes down to trust doesn't it? I guarantee that the screenshot's authentic, it took me like 10 secs to go over the power rating in paint, I don't use any fancy programs to edit more than necessary. For me, it's as much about survival as it is about actually trying to win. This game is just too interesting for me to get greedy and die an early death.

Studoku
2007-09-09, 06:38 AM
Nice going KFC. You're playing an interesting game and raising the bar on previous games. I like your tactic. I tried something very very similar last game as a duke.

I do have a slight question though. How can we be sure you didn't alter the amount of gold generated by the kingdom at the same time as you were editing out Psionic Dog's new power rating?

;)

Try using the fill tool to change the background colour. It doesn't affect the area aroun the text because it is a slightly different colour

If the text had been edited, the backgroung would be white and would be affected by the fill tool.

Jontom Xire
2007-09-09, 06:50 AM
Oh dear, so naive.

1) Do screen capture.
2) Edit text.
3) Save as JPG

The "slightly different colour" is JPEGing artefacts. If you change the text while having only had the picture in a lossless format then there are no compression artefacts and you can make the image perfect. THEN you save as JPEG and get the same artefacts created for the altered text as for the original text.

I've made an example. If you PM me with your email address I'll email it to you.

Exachix
2007-09-09, 06:52 AM
Urm... Guys...
Does it matter? If so, how much?

Money has been given out, we can only trust the King on what he says. The Prt Scs can help, but no matter what people will still complain over what they say.

Fleeing Coward
2007-09-09, 06:55 AM
Ok, can someone explain to me what JX said in terms that someone who knows very little about image editting can understand?

@v ok, thanks for the explanation, next time I'll make sure to follow your advice and edit in that I received 0 gold :smallbiggrin:

Jontom Xire
2007-09-09, 07:01 AM
Umm, ok - plain speech

Stu42 noticed what I did. Basically JPEG is what is known as a "lossy" compression format because you "lose" information. Essentially the image gets slightly corrupted. In the case of your image this is noticeable as a slight sort of discolouration around the black text on the white background. You can see it if you look closely.

Stu's argument was that if you tampered with the text, that discolouration would be wiped out. What I was pointing out was that the discolouration/corruption was the result of saving as JPEG, NOT as a result of the screen capture. Hence if you edit the image before saving it as a JPEG you get the same corruption on altered or edited text as on the original. So you cannot detect image tampering by looking at that corruption of the image. Because the corruption comes AFTER the edit.

Hope that helps.

Raiser Blade
2007-09-09, 09:49 AM
Weeell I declare a revolt against KFC this is why.

1.His info is slightly off i was planning to eventually overthrow his kingship but i was not neccesarily going to take the crown myself.

2.The only reason i want fleeing coward gone is because under his rule i am getting less gold than the others with the possible exception of salmon.

3.Now he's given me 0 gold frekkin' 0. When i first realized this i was going to ask my nobles to revolt against me so that they wouldn't be punished for my "treachery" but instead i decided why not revolt if i die i die.

so yes i admit that i wasn't a fan of KFC and i implore you please please rally to my aid. Especially those of you who i have helped.

That is all Raiser_B1ade

P.S. Oh yeah and i promise if you side with me i will match any briberies the king offers you.

Exachix
2007-09-09, 10:00 AM
Well it is the major action in this game =D.

Raiser Blade
2007-09-09, 10:03 AM
I got paid 0 gold just for playing the game. It was either revolt or have my nobles kill me so they can get gold next turn. This way either way they will be getting a new duke. I wasn't even going to take the throne for myself i offered it to whoever wanted it i just wanted to be rid of our king.

Fleeing Coward
2007-09-09, 10:10 AM
Naturally, I am against this rebellion.

1. I understand how you won't want to start the rebellion yourself if you can help it, after all, failure means death but the drown certainly wasn't going to grant gold to someone who is planning a coup against the current leadership.

2. You are not getting less gold than others if you actually think about it. With the rebellion, you had one less noble to pay so naturally you'd also receive slightly less than the others. I have done nothing but been fair in my rule, and have even contributed a few gold from the king's own treasury this round to endure that every loyal subject got paid equallly.

3. The giving of 0 gold had nothing to do with seeking for your nobles to rebel, it was purely a pre-emptive strike against a treacherous noble that had already started plotting to overthrow the current monarchy.

I'd like to seek the support of the wise rulers of this kingdom against this treacherous duke. Do you really want an ambitious noble that starts plotting the overthrow of a monarchy that has always been generous with it's handout of gold when he has barely ruled his duchy for a day?

Jontom Xire
2007-09-09, 10:12 AM
Still waiting for my gold. I have to admit that KFC has done alright by me. I have no complaints.

But, just to mention it the King offered me 30 gold, Ra1ser Blade. Since you promised to match his offer....

Fleeing Coward
2007-09-09, 10:16 AM
I got paid 0 gold just for playing the game. It was either revolt or have my nobles kill me so they can get gold next turn. This way either way they will be getting a new duke. I wasn't even going to take the throne for myself i offered it to whoever wanted it i just wanted to be rid of our king.

All I see is blind ambition and greed in your plots to overthrow the monarchy, there is nothing that prevents a year or 2 of peace in our fair lands and seeking a non-violent way of settling our differences yet you decide to start yet another rebellion to further destablise the economy.

@^ I wish I actually had 30 gc to work with, it'd certainly make dealing with this rebellion a whole lot easier :smalltongue:

Raiser Blade
2007-09-09, 10:22 AM
"Listen to our blathering King. Talking of reason, we need no reason, we only need to charge to battle with the shouts of "Down with KFC" ringing in our ears.

Some men are born great others aren't KFC is one of those "others".

So i implore you do not meddle with reason march to war so that we may have a bright new future."

"Ehhh who cares lets go home."

I have come to realize that i would not be fair to my friends and subjects in this game by asking them to come to my aid when i got myself into this. I understand that KFC has been fair to most of you and that is fine i guess i am a minority. The only thing i ask is that when you do finally overthrow the king that you would give a "shout out" to me for being the first one to try and stop his tyrannical reign. Remember it is me today but it could be you tommorow. At this point the king owns the game.

Pwenet
2007-09-09, 10:22 AM
A messenger makes his way towards the Duke Raiser_B1ade's camp where his forces are preparing for war.

"Honored Duke Raiser_B1ade. I come bearing the word of Noble Pwenet. He has been observing the situation, and feels strongly that your situation is of your own creation. The past two years since the death of our beloved Queen Casteras have been torn with war. And now here you are, ripping open the barely healed scabs again. It is such that the Noble Pwenet will not be supporting you in your bid to overthrow King Fleeing Coward. Noble Pwenet wishes that things did not have to go down like this.

Meanwhile, at the same time, another messenger makes his way towards King Fleeing Cowards main audience chamber.

"My lord King. I am here representing the Noble Pwenet. He is tired of these constant wars, and was looking forward to a year of peace. Yet his Duke Raiser_B1ade has decided to attempt a overthrow of your kingdom. Due to his actions, he has in effect determined that all the Nobles under him MUST pick a side. With a heavy and sad heart, the Noble Pwenet will join forces with you to help in the defense of the Monarchy.

Pwenet is OPPOSED to the REBELLION against King Fleeing Coward

Studoku
2007-09-09, 10:33 AM
An envoy from Lord Stu XLII arrives at the rebel camp and reads a message.
KFC has directly given me more gold this round than raiser has in the entire game. Granted, he had a reason (I sided against him in the rebellion) but I'm still siding with KFC in this rebellion.

As an envoy to Pwenet, Stu XLII sends a trio of peasants who are all afflicted with a disease that causes them to cough uncontrollably in a way that sounds like 'suck up'.

Almighty Salmon
2007-09-09, 11:55 AM
Actually Ra1ser, It's my fault you're getting 0 gold. I am totally loyal to the king and kind of sold you out. Sorry :smallredface:

I don't think Fleeing Coward has been a bad king at all. Okay, so sometimes he's paid me a little less than i think i deserve, but thats just because i'm probably a weaker duke and he wasn't given much gold to share out. Personally, i wouldn't be able to do as well as he is.

Long live King Fleeing Coward! Long live king Fleeing Coward!

I am against the rebellion.

Pwenet
2007-09-09, 11:59 AM
An envoy from Lord Stu XLII arrives at the rebel camp and reads a message.
KFC has directly given me more gold this round than raiser has in the entire game. Granted, he had a reason (I sided against him in the rebellion) but I'm still siding with KFC in this rebellion.

As an envoy to Pwenet, Stu XLII sends a trio of peasants who are all afflicted with a disease that causes them to cough uncontrollably in a way that sounds like 'suck up'.

Receiving the trio of peasants, Noble Pwenet smiles, and gives them each a bottle of cure, namely a potent alcoholic beverage, and sends them back to Stu XKII lands, where they smile happily and have been cured of their coughs.

Calamity
2007-09-09, 12:03 PM
I am sorry, but King FC has always giving me enough gold to support me and my nobles. The fact that you are getting nothing is due to the fact that you're too greedy. Your first two reasons...sound moe like excuses, Salmon understands why he gets less gold. And the 0 gold thing? Well, that's not anyone's fault but yours.

I oppose the Rebellion against King Fleeing_Coward

Psionic Dog
2007-09-09, 12:37 PM
My two strongest supporters are going to war... against eachother. :smalleek:

My conscripts have been disbanded and my royal guards have not yet finnished training, I am afraid I must declare neutrality.

Moff Chumley
2007-09-09, 12:56 PM
((@Rasier_B1ade: The fact is that in the first three rounds, two revolutions have occured as a result of you calling your superior greedy. In the first case you were correct, but in this case, I think you've gone a little to far.))

As it were, my Cavy Riders are horribly inexpirienced. Off to war again! For KFC! For Duke Almighty Salmon! FOR SPARTA!

Yes, I am siding with the king against the rebbelion.

Neodan282
2007-09-09, 12:59 PM
My spys are naught for combat and The Guild can spare none, My my ninja guards get back I will join but for now I shall stay Neutral.

Flying Elephant
2007-09-09, 02:18 PM
Mercenary services still available.

heretic
2007-09-09, 03:08 PM
"I too have received less gold than normal, but I will remain loyal to the King."

Exachix
2007-09-09, 03:36 PM
Once again, an emissary from Noble Exachix's lands comes forth!

"Greetings friends, for my Noble wishes to call you all friends - for they are far better than enemies.

This matter is of some concern for my Noble, and he choses the course of neutrality."

The Emissary goes home.

Exachix Remains Neutral

Raiser Blade
2007-09-09, 04:12 PM
Actually Ra1ser, It's my fault you're getting 0 gold. I am totally loyal to the king and kind of sold you out. Sorry :smallredface:

I don't think Fleeing Coward has been a bad king at all. Okay, so sometimes he's paid me a little less than i think i deserve, but thats just because i'm probably a weaker duke and he wasn't given much gold to share out. Personally, i wouldn't be able to do as well as he is.

Long live King Fleeing Coward! Long live king Fleeing Coward!

I am against the rebellion.

o_O "Et tu salmon."

Dear people of ultimate greed,
As i first pondered my predicament i assumed i had brought this on my own head and deserved to die. You can imagine my shock when i realised i was stabbed in the back by who (i thought) was a friend. I understand that this game is called ultimate greed. This implys that one should do whatever it takes to get to the top. Alas i cannot condone nor forgive the actions of my(former) fishy friend.

I had conversed with salmon through pm's explaining my desire for a new king. He messaged me back saying he would support me if it ever came down to it. Instead he sold me out to the king in exchange for more favor and/or more gold. I could understand if he had messaged me back implying he did not want a new king but to pretend to be an ally only to turn on me is both a low blow and dirty fighting.

How would you like to make an alliance based on trust only to have that trust shattered and a piece of it shoved down your throat.

I declare salmon to be a fink and a snitch.

It is not i who deserves to die for this. I was only playing the game and trying to get ahead. The difference being i never took advantage of someone trust to advance myself.

It is too late to stop the rebellion. Although i think it's obvious now where the king stands on the issue of loyalty. My attempt at kingship was not based purely on ambition and greed. Ask my nobles i payed them a massive amount of the money given to me and i only kept 2 gold for myself. I wasn't really trying to win the game i just wanted to help my nobles win.

So finally i implore you, fight on the side of not-backstabbing, fight for honor, fight against the salmon and his cohort the king.

-Raiser_B1ade

P.S When If i die all i ask is that the salmon be punished for his treachery which was worse than "mine". He stabbed a fellow duke in the back to get in good with the "king".

Studoku
2007-09-09, 04:30 PM
If it's any consolation, I also told KFC about your plans to rebel. However, I have been openly defying you since the first rebellion while you have been paying me virtually nothing.

To be honest, I'm suprised you even told me about the planned rebellion. I know hindsight is 20/20 but if I was in your position, I don't think I would have trusted me (as Stu XLII).

Raiser Blade
2007-09-09, 04:34 PM
:smallannoyed: Wow i didn't see that one coming.

Actually i was trying to be nice and give you a chance to be my ally again.
Oh well i guess in this game being nice only earns some free backnives.

:smallsigh:

Almighty Salmon
2007-09-09, 04:36 PM
( 2 revolts at once huh? This is interesting. Also Raiser B1ade, i hope you can remember that this is just a game. I hope it doesnt set off any bad feelings towards each other. )

A messenger approaches the people of ultimate greed, with a message from Duke Almighty Salmon.

"Ahem! I will now speak the words the great fishy duke!

"I was extremely sincere at the time when i said i would support you Duke Raiser B1ade. But that was a long time ago. Since then i have grown to realise that the king isn't at all bad. But infact a great king! He may have a few flaws. But who doesn't?

Now, I am sorry if you felt betrayed by my actions to tell the king about your scheme. However i felt it had to be done. For my Nobles if anybody.

And now, you declare a revolt against me :smallsigh: I had hoped it would not come to this. But fine. Send out the armies! and maid, get me some booze. Wait no! Don't write that in the letter! Stop!"

Uh.. Ignore the last bit :smalleek:

Raiser Blade
2007-09-09, 04:39 PM
I didn't revolt against you. Am i even allowed to do that?

Hmm so 1 game turn is a long time for you eh.
Thats about how long it took for your "change of heart."

Haruki-kun
2007-09-09, 04:40 PM
That is correct, Duke Raiser Blade. His Majesty has paid me well enough, and I can't join a rebellion that will make my nobles unhappy with me. That would be suicide. It's the third rebellion in three years! Things are fine, so let's take a break from it all and stay out of this.

Besides, I know it's not very useful in this game, but I'm not very much for Greed. I'm more of a Sloth person.

Almighty Salmon
2007-09-09, 04:41 PM
( Oh.. You just declared me to be a fink and a snitch. I though you ment a rebellion because it's in red. But yeah, i think you'd be able to do that if you wanted. )

Raiser Blade
2007-09-09, 04:43 PM
Well in that case *I declare a rebellion against Sir. Snitch (salmon)

For betraying me.:smallbiggrin:

Almighty Salmon
2007-09-09, 04:53 PM
*Hic!* Damn this is good wine.. Wha? Rebellion against me? Pah! Send out the armies.. Pronto! and get me some cheese.. But the Armies first!

Against the rebellion, obviously :smallbiggrin:

( Editted because he can't start a rebellion against me.. Sorry :smallredface: )

Haruki-kun
2007-09-09, 05:07 PM
This is ridiculous! How many rebellions can you fight at once?!

And why would you even rebel against someone who'll give you nothing?

Raiser Blade
2007-09-09, 05:21 PM
I figure i'm goin to die anyway so i might as well try to take as many of my enemies with me as i can.

:elan: Revolt, revolt, revolt against the tyrannical king and snitching fish.

Studoku
2007-09-09, 05:23 PM
:smallannoyed: Wow i didn't see that one coming.

Actually i was trying to be nice and give you a chance to be my ally again.
Oh well i guess in this game being nice only earns some free backnives.

Really? I thought I was the most likely to snitch on you.

I do not stab allies in the back but if my enemies choose to turn around...

Pwenet
2007-09-09, 05:24 PM
I figure i'm goin to die anyway so i might as well try to take as many of my enemies with me as i can.

Actually, you can't declare a rebellion against Almighty Salmon

Current Phase: REBELLION!
Rebellions will be handeled in levels. If a duke/duchess declares a rebellion, it will be a rebellion against the king/queen. If a noble declares a rebellion it will be against the duke/duchess that is paying them.

So - Game, set, match.

Pwenet
2007-09-09, 05:32 PM
A servant runs up, and puts the following results of the votes up for all to see after the previous post got accidentally deleted for some strange reason by the same servant in a moment of confusion.

The servant then wails about asking for a peaceful year.

Rebellion Against King Fleeing Coward, instigated by Duke Raiser_B1ade.

AGAINST the REBELLION

AGAINST the REBELLION

AGAINST the REBELLION

AGAINST the REBELLION

NEUTRAL in the Rebellion

AGAINST the REBELLION

AGAINST the REBELLION

AGAINST the REBELLION

AGAINST the REBELLION

AGAINST the REBELLION

AGAINST the REBELLION

NEUTRAL in the Rebellion

NEUTRAL in the Rebellion
AGAINST the REBELLION

Duke: Pastafarian:
Choked on his own overindulgence on Pasta.
Duke: Psionic Dog:
NEUTRAL in the Rebellion

NEUTRAL in the Rebellion

NEUTRAL in the Rebellion

AGAINST the REBELLION

AGAINST the REBELLION

Duke: Traveling_Angel:
Duke: Raiser_B1ade:
FOR the REBELLION

AGAINST the REBELLION

AGAINST the REBELLION

Noble: Pwenet:
AGAINST the REBELLION

Studoku
2007-09-09, 05:39 PM

No revolt attempt against me? I feel offended.

Just out of curiosity, what would happen if I declared a revolt now?

Traveling_Angel
2007-09-09, 05:42 PM
TA's ghost does a happy dance as Raiser B1ade will soon be joining him. *Starts grinding an axe*

nathkry
2007-09-09, 05:55 PM
o_O "Et tu salmon."

Dear people of ultimate greed,
As i first pondered my predicament i assumed i had brought this on my own head and deserved to die. You can imagine my shock when i realised i was stabbed in the back by who (i thought) was a friend. I understand that this game is called ultimate greed. This implys that one should do whatever it takes to get to the top. Alas i cannot condone nor forgive the actions of my(former) fishy friend.

I had conversed with salmon through pm's explaining my desire for a new king. He messaged me back saying he would support me if it ever came down to it. Instead he sold me out to the king in exchange for more favor and/or more gold. I could understand if he had messaged me back implying he did not want a new king but to pretend to be an ally only to turn on me is both a low blow and dirty fighting.

How would you like to make an alliance based on trust only to have that trust shattered and a piece of it shoved down your throat.

I declare salmon to be a fink and a snitch.

It is not i who deserves to die for this. I was only playing the game and trying to get ahead. The difference being i never took advantage of someone trust to advance myself.

It is too late to stop the rebellion. Although i think it's obvious now where the king stands on the issue of loyalty. My attempt at kingship was not based purely on ambition and greed. Ask my nobles i payed them a massive amount of the money given to me and i only kept 2 gold for myself. I wasn't really trying to win the game i just wanted to help my nobles win.

So finally i implore you, fight on the side of not-backstabbing, fight for honor, fight against the salmon and his cohort the king.

-Raiser_B1ade

P.S When If i die all i ask is that the salmon be punished for his treachery which was worse than "mine". He stabbed a fellow duke in the back to get in good with the "king".

All of this backstabbing that you are incessantly complaining about can be easily classified as good politics. Oh, and I join the king against the rebellion.

heretic
2007-09-09, 06:53 PM
A crier steps to the podium.

"Dukes and nobles, I come bearing an open correspondence from Noble heretic to the traitor, Raiser_B1ade. Ahem..." (He unfurls a scroll)

"Fourscore and seven years ago, our f--damn, wrong scroll. Ah, here we are.

To my former friend Raiser_B1ade,

As it seems you have brought certain death upon yourself, I humbly suggest that you attempt one last time to make peace with your enemies. I believe that your popularity, which was dismal during your political career, may enjoy a marked improvement if you were to turn your hand to the entertainment business. Perhaps this way, you may be remembered as the rebel who at least made people scream and cheer before his soul fell into the fiery ruin of hell. To facilitate this reversal of public image, I would be greatly satisfied if you would join me as a guest at my fine Colosseum. Together we could enjoy fine wines, cheeses and watch the antics of our numerous gladiators...as they hack your limbs from your body. I would pit you against perhaps three of my finest warriors, armed with spear and shield and see how long you hold out.

I await your reply with trepidation.

P. S. --Other nobles, feel free to attend."

detrevnisisiht
2007-09-09, 07:14 PM
yes i have wanted to see you die for a long time For the king we shall fight!

2007-09-09, 07:37 PM
"War is hard on the lands. Civil war is harder, for it strikes at the kingdom's heart in ways that will not easily heal. We have had enough unheaval these two years past. I believe we should uphold a bit of status quo and, by god, save some resources for a change."

Fullbladder puts his heavy metal fist down and Supports the King AGAINST the Rebellion.

I'm da Rogue!
2007-09-10, 10:26 AM
I oppose the Rebellion against King Fleeing_Coward

and I join my duke Calamity's army. For the King!!!

(Castaras, don't forget my name again when you do the battle description, OK?:smalltongue: )

DarkCorax
2007-09-10, 10:48 AM
I am going to follow my duke for the time and Remain Neutral.

Artemis97
2007-09-10, 11:04 AM
I shall continue to follow my Duke and my King and Oppose the rebellion.

GoC
2007-09-10, 11:35 AM
Stay neutral.

Flying Elephant
2007-09-10, 01:47 PM
For the king, it is. I want to see Raiser B1ade in the arena!

Raiser Blade
2007-09-10, 02:12 PM
A lone man can be seen atop of a tower of medium height. Below him are thousands of people shouting and screaming for his death. He stands up and begins to speak.

"Good people of KFC land, you have gathered here to execute me based on a general consensus."
"Well you don't have to take orders from anybody."
"I like orders."

"You are all different and special in your own way."

"You are all individuals."

"Well i'm not."

The king steps out to the front of the crowd.

"Face it waiser you awe doomed."

"Umm my name is Raiser not waise.."
"Shut up. You have wevolted (snicker) against the cwown and now you shall die fow youw tweason."

The crowd bursts out laughing.

The king looking flustered turns around and begins to yell at his people.

"Be quiet you imbeciles."

23 Minutes later...

Raiser is dragged from his perch and marched of to the arena.

He is placed in the middle of pond and is immediatly set upon by rabid salmon.

As he is being torn to shreds the crowd can hear him singing "Always look on the bright side of life."

Thats all she wrote for me i am officially giving up.

"As the plundering nobles ravage Raiser_B1ades lands they find 2 letters.

The first appears to be his will which reads:

I officially give all my gold to Purple Gelatinous cube "o" Doom my most loyal noble. (which is 2 gold)

The second appears to be a letter which the king mistakenly had sent to the duke.

Hahahahaha i'm the king and all these other suckers aren't. My two favorite things in the world is hitting babies and lying to the general public.

Signed King Fleeing Coward

@V what do you mean?

wadledo
2007-09-10, 02:13 PM
Edit: ^:smallconfused: :smallfrown: That is annoying.

To my fellow nobles: Cowards! Neutrality is next to small pieces of toast! Burnt Toast!

My friends, My people, My enemy's. We fight for THE COWARD!
We go to war to defend our homes, our families, and our peace.
To war, my people, to our deaths, and to OUR GLORY!
Falls off stage into a bucket.
At this his people cheer HHHUUUURRRRRRAAAAA!
Edit V: 'pologies

Calamity
2007-09-10, 02:28 PM
wadledo can you please get rid of tht screen stretch by shortening that 'Hurrah' bit.

Problem solved! Shortbread biscuits for all! :smallbiggrin:

HyramGraff
2007-09-10, 03:17 PM
I shall join with my Duke and my King and Oppose the rebellion!

Haruki-kun
2007-09-10, 04:48 PM
OK, this has gone far enough, and I'm sick of staying out of things. It doesn't even make any difference now. I'm Opposing you, Raiser Blade

Khaldan
2007-09-10, 04:49 PM
*opposes the rebellion*

Moff Chumley
2007-09-10, 05:52 PM
Dear Cthulu, this is getting lame. Raiser_B1ade, you have descended from angered excuses to inane blathering. Noble Chumley and his enterauge sit in the front row of the colloseum, waving those giant fingers, and eating popcorn. Moff hums along with Look on the Bright Side of Life.

nathkry
2007-09-10, 07:31 PM
"I say sirs, all these constant rebellions are getting to be quite a bother. Why cannot we simply have peace?" Nathkry mutters, watching the proceedings from afar, "Why must we have constant strife?"

GoC
2007-09-10, 09:11 PM
Raiser_B1ade: That post was very unfunny and insulting. I'm siding against you.

Raiser Blade
2007-09-10, 09:35 PM
Unfunny and insulting eh? Well i see how it is unfunny, but insulting i don't get.

Also you people don't get it.

I'm giving up!!!!

I quit, thats it, it's the end for me, i have ceased to be.

I thought I made this clear in my last post.

Good luck to everyone. I hold no grudges i thank you all for an enjoyable experiance and look foward to causing more trouble in Ultimate Greed III.

And if you don't like my death scene open the spoiler for my new one.

Too Bad!!

Studoku
2007-09-11, 05:16 AM
Unfunny and insulting eh? Well i see how it is unfunny, but insulting i don't get.

Also you people don't get it.

I'm giving up!!!!

I quit, thats it, it's the end for me, i have ceased to be.

I thought I made this clear in my last post.

Good luck to everyone. I hold no grudges i thank you all for an enjoyable experiance and look foward to causing more trouble in Ultimate Greed III.

And if you don't like my death scene open the spoiler for my new one.

Too Bad!!

It's been a fun game so far, especially in the most rebellious duchy (even though both rebellions were started by you).

The real question now is who will be duke?

detrevnisisiht
2007-09-11, 06:07 AM
oh oh me

actually though i think the king should pick

Castaras
2007-09-11, 10:23 AM
actually though i think the king should pick

(( Yes, the king chooses, since he was the one Raiser_B1ade chose to rebel against. ))

The cries of the nobles and the armies rang out everywhere in the kingdom. Lands far and near called for blood to be spilt. Raiser's blood.

When the guards came to drag Raiser away from his newly won castle, he went without fuss. He'd given up on trying, and allowed them to drag him into the gladiator pits of the Lands of Heretic. All the other nobles and dukes came to watch the final stand of the fiery Raiser_B1ade.

Thrown in, Raiser stood, turning to the crowds, watching from above.

May I have a few last words?

No!

Noble I'm Da Rogue jumped up, face angry.

We don't want more of yer rebellious speeches! Bring the lions out Noble Heretic! Let's see him fight fer his life!

The crowd roared in agreement, many jumping to their feet also. Within the Colosseum, the attendants had finished raking the sand, removing the blood stains of the battles before. The steel gate slowly rises, and four shadowed gladiators slowly walk into the sunlight, greeted with cheers.

Let the combat begin!

Raiser could see he was doomed as soon as he saw the gladiators advance - Two seemed to slip into the shadows, silent and deadly assassins; another carried a large net, quickly and expertly catching Raiser, as a fisherman would catch a fish. The gladiator beside this net-wielding shower-hat-wearing lifts his mighty undead head roars in fury, ripping Raiser into little tiny pieces.

It is at this point that the four gladiators remaining carry on the fight. Despite the netting gladiator's attempts to catch one of the shadowed assassins, in the end, it is the two assassin's who come out top, dancing on the corpses of the dead.

'Twas a good day's entertainment, and the nobility were happy. Another duke had fallen, and all that remained was for the good king Fleeing Coward to decide who should be the next duke.

(( Raiser_B1ade gave up and died a not-so-Honourable death. Once Fleeing Coward has decided who the next duke is, and the noble he chooses accepts, the money will be sent out. ))

Raiser Blade
2007-09-11, 10:29 AM
I like my death scene better. >_>

For those of you who don't get it it's inspired by Life of Brian a movie by Monty Python.

I'm da Rogue!
2007-09-11, 10:48 AM
Noble I'm Da Rogue jumped up, face angry.

We don't want more of yer rebellious speeches! Bring the lions out Noble Heretic! Let's see him fight fer his life!

Oooh I kick ass:smallbiggrin:

Pwenet
2007-09-11, 11:31 AM
"I swear, I hope our little duchery will be more stable now that our former Duke is gone."

2007-09-11, 12:01 PM
hmm, it seems our Duchery is shrinking very quickly.

detrevnisisiht
2007-09-11, 04:08 PM
now can the king chose from all the nobels or just the ones from Raiser_B1ade's duchery

HyramGraff
2007-09-11, 04:58 PM
now can the king chose from all the nobels or just the ones from Raiser_B1ade's duchery

I believe that any noble can be chosen. I don't think it would make much sense to choose another duke or dutches to that over the newly empty spot.

Moff Chumley
2007-09-11, 05:26 PM
Dutchery is a cooler word than dutchy, wouldn't you say?

heretic
2007-09-11, 06:54 PM
Lord heretic stand up in his seat of honor (as host) and takes the head of Raiser_B1ade from the hands of his two shadowy assassins, who both salute before slinking away to congratulate each other and fawn over their trophy.

"A fitting end to such a troublemaker. From now on, may the only violence that shows itself be here, in the colosseum!"

heretic removes the crown from the head and hands both to his king.

Haruki-kun
2007-09-11, 07:41 PM
Lord Heretic, you have done some excellent work. Though it pains me to lose one whom I was hoping to call an ally one day, this madness had to be stopped.

Farewell, Duke Raiser Blade.

Studoku
2007-09-11, 08:12 PM
Farewell indeed. May you find peace in the next life for long enough to run away from travelling angel.

Traveling_Angel
2007-09-11, 11:05 PM
TA's ghost appears behind Rasier_B1ade's. "Welcome to the club. Care for some tea?"

Fleeing Coward
2007-09-11, 11:38 PM
The crown has decided to hand over control of the duchy to Pwenet, should he choose to accept, for his tireless efforts in keeping track of the loyalties of all parties involved in past rebellions and hopefully any future ones should they occur.

Pwenet
2007-09-12, 06:48 AM
The crown has decided to hand over control of the duchy to Pwenet, should he choose to accept, for his tireless efforts in keeping track of the loyalties of all parties involved in past rebellions and hopefully any future ones should they occur.

The Noble Pwenet humbly accepts the new position, filled with increased responsibilities and honor, with the promise to make his duchy ever the more profitable for the land and king.

Castaras
2007-09-12, 09:57 AM
(( Okay, Pwenet is the new duke. May he rule long and not be overthrown by another of those untimely rebellions you keep hearing about.

Money and stuff will be sent out in a few minutes.

Stuff sent out, King has 24 hours to distribute goldish things. ))

Studoku
2007-09-12, 04:41 PM
All hail Pwenet. May his reign be long and prosporous, and his gold distribution fair and able to take into account past mismanagement by previous dukes.:smallwink:

Raiser Blade
2007-09-12, 04:45 PM
Hey thats a low blow. Rebellious as i may have been i was fair with what gold i got. I even gave you (Stu42) more gold than i got. So it's not fair to say i mismanaged funds. :smallsigh:

Moff Chumley
2007-09-12, 07:19 PM
Hey thats a low blow. Rebellious as i may have been i was fair with what gold i got. I even gave you (Stu42) more gold than i got. So it's not fair to say i mismanaged funds. :smallsigh:

Well, maybe he was refering to how you didn't reward yourself for being a duke. People are allowed to have posotive feelings towards each other, you know.

Okay, now I'm just nitpicking for its own sake.

Fleeing Coward
2007-09-12, 08:39 PM
Due to the overwhelming support against the late Duke Raiser Blade, the economy has not been harmed as much as is common during times of civil wars. In fact, it appears this civil war has actually helped the economy make a reasonable recovery and as such all duchies have been given an increased payment compared with the previous year. The more powerful duchies were given a greater increase than the others as they also took the greastest paycut when the economy was suffering the previous year.

Exachix
2007-09-13, 10:23 AM
Noble Exachix still sits in his home, contemplating matters of state that he has.

Castaras
2007-09-13, 11:30 AM
Current Phase: Dukes are sending out money to the rabble

Therarde
2007-09-13, 02:25 PM
Therarde sits in his estate, not really paying much attention to the going-ons. He's noticed a couple of people being executed, but nothing concerning him immediately. He sits and waits for a messenger from his duke.

Haruki-kun
2007-09-13, 05:33 PM
To my Nobles:

The Gold has been sent out. Go crazy.

Moff Chumley
2007-09-13, 06:47 PM
Salmon: Have some free gold! And by that I mean don't give me any!

Almighty Salmon
2007-09-14, 12:51 AM
Salmon: Have some free gold! And by that I mean don't give me any!

Oops, I already sent out the gold yesterday! And gave you 4..

Artemis97
2007-09-14, 12:59 PM
A note arrives at Duke Calamity's castle.

To my dearest Duke Calamity,

I have yet to recieve this year's payment, and I fear this may make life very difficult, for both of us.

~Lady Artemis

Calamity
2007-09-14, 01:05 PM
A note is sent to all Calamity's nobles

My dear nobles, fret not, your Duke has just been swamped with paperwork recently, (You should see how much parchment is in this room!) and your gold should arrive soon. Also has anyone seen my loofa? I think it's been stolen

~Your chaotic Duke

Artemis97
2007-09-14, 01:21 PM
A small package arrives at Calamity's castle. A thank you note is attatched and inside a brand new loofa.

Exachix
2007-09-14, 01:22 PM
The Noble Exachix seems to be absent for a few days this year.. Few know why... =D.

Castaras
2007-09-15, 01:03 PM
The quietest year in the reign of Fleeing Coward has been and went. Farmers had a good harvest, with only a small crop of spaghetti failing. Trade starts up again, and with only a slight upset in Calamity's realm, the year was...boring, for most, compared to what's happened before.

(( 'Tis a new year, money shall be sent out to Fleeing Coward around now. ))

Haruki-kun
2007-09-15, 01:30 PM
Ahhh! We've had a quiet year at last! Perhaps our kingdom can now prosper at last!

Pwenet
2007-09-15, 01:57 PM
Smiling as he reads the various reports as to what has happened during the year, Duke Pwenet is obviously happy at the peace and prosperity that has gone through the lands during this time of peace.

Exachix
2007-09-15, 03:19 PM
Noble Exachix seems to be taking, and have taken, more holidays during this peace time.

Therarde
2007-09-15, 03:23 PM
Therarde sits in his manor, his faithful hound beside him. The news of peace was comforting, although it would not last long.

Studoku
2007-09-15, 04:50 PM
Smiling as he reads the various reports as to what has happened during the year, Duke Pwenet is obviously happy at the peace and prosperity that has gone through the lands during this time of peace.
When you're duke of this duchy, a peaceful year is always a good thing.

Fleeing Coward
2007-09-15, 05:35 PM
You'd think that but peace doesn't seem to be working out too well - 110gc generated :smalltongue: , will decide how to distribute it after I get back from work later tonight.

Haruki-kun
2007-09-16, 12:40 AM
@^: :smalleek:

I'll do my best to be fair but.......... try not to take it out on me.......

(I am so dead now..........)

Castaras
2007-09-16, 01:01 PM
As many of you will have noticed, the Dukes are sending out their money.

Roleplay, dukes giving out money, and all that stuff shall end Tomorrow around this time.

Psionic Dog
2007-09-16, 01:06 PM
It's Back!!!!!!

WEEKLY BARK
Delivering Headline news to your doorstep

RAISER_B1ADE COMMITS SUICIDE BY TREASON
— In what is thought to be insanity by some, Raiser_B1ade declared war on his king, KFC. The ill-advised revolt was swiftly crushed as the King and several dukes and nobles led their armies against the Duke Raiser_B1ade's guards. Faced with their overwhelming power, the duke quietly surrendered and was slain days latter in a gladiatorial battle. As Raiser died a rememberable, if ignoble, death, the dukes can only guess that he was overwhelmed by the stress and responsibilities that a duke faces and sought death. The general consensus is that he was too proud to kill himself, and rebelled against the king hoping to die gloriously in combat. While he got his wish and was allowed to fight in the arena, few would call the death his suicidal rebellion brought glorious.

GHOSTS SIGHTED IN KINGDOM PEASANTS ALARMED
— As the former Duke Raiser began his ill-fated rebellion, dozen of witnesses reported seeing the Ghost of Traveling_Angel. If the reports are true, as several experts have reluctantly agreed, it would appear that the angelic wanderer was just as restless in his death as in life. Some conspiracy theorists have even suggested that the ghost of TA was haunting the Raiser Duke. If these theories are to be believed, it was this restless ghost that drove Raiser into his bought of insanity that led him to recklessly seek to over-through the excellent King Fleeing Coward. Clerics across the land have prayed fervently that TA will finally rest in peace now that his rebellious noble has also died.

NEW KINGDOM RECORD SET FOR PEACE
—For the first time in the history of KFC's reign, the kingdom has enjoyed peace for a full year. The kingdom is proud to announce that the birthrate has skyrocketed and the two most popular names for newborns are now "Fleeon" for little boys and "Cowardia" for little girls. Scholars say that the recent peace has raised the approval rating for KFC to a historical record: only King Insantiy has ever held a higher approval, and it is doubtful any other king can match the 99.98% approval the kingdom had for his suicidal death.

GLUTTONOUS COMMONERS EAT PROFITS
— While moral has skyrocketed after the peasants wildly celebrated each consecutive week of peace enjoyed by the land, the constant festivities have had the unanticipated consequence of reduced the productivity of the kingdom. After taking over 50 3-day weekends for the ongoing celebrations and consuming 26.4% more food and luxury items than in previous years, these fat and happy citizens of the kingdom are threatening to eat their nobles out of office as His Majesty's tax collectors fail to return the expected quotas. In response, KFC is reported to begun drafting a royal edict declaring spontaneous "We love the King" celebration expenses shall no longer be tax exempt. KFC's public relations department would only say "Sorry, we are not yet authorized to discuss the Dictator's latest serf policies at this time"

Is your life story worth telling? For a small fee you too can have our corruptible reporters write a special propaganda statement just for you!

Did we mis-quote an event? For a few gold to cover print now get a revised accurate addition printed.

GoC
2007-09-16, 02:30 PM
You'd think that but peace doesn't seem to be working out too well - 110gc generated :smalltongue:

Do we believe you...?:smallconfused:

Studoku
2007-09-16, 03:55 PM
Do we believe you...?:smallconfused:
Since my way of proving whether or not a screenshot of the gold has been photoshopped doesn't work, there is no way of proving the amount of gold that KFC recieved, apart from asking Castaras.

Haruki-kun
2007-09-16, 04:36 PM
Are we allowed to ask Castaras? I thought that was outside the rules of the game.............(I just lost The Game. :smallmad: )

Well, I don't know if we can believe him or not, but I was pretty sure we were gonna get a small amount of gold sooner or later.

Studoku
2007-09-16, 05:02 PM
Are we allowed to ask Castaras? I thought that was outside the rules of the game.............(I just lost The Game. :smallmad: )

Well, I don't know if we can believe him or not, but I was pretty sure we were gonna get a small amount of gold sooner or later.
We may as well believe him. Lying about the amount of gold seems unethical, even by internet standards.

Back in character now...

Lord Stu XLII addresses his people from his balcony.
My loyal subjects, you have all been betrayed again, this time by our new Duke Pwenet. He has ignored the fact that we have suffered in the past, both under the tyranny of Angel and the favouritism of raiser. He has granted us less gold than our fellow nobles, simply because he believes us to be harmless. Now however, we fight back. From this day onward, we shall be... Mostly Harmless.

Messengers, inform my fellow nobles, the dukes and the great KFC himself that today, Pwenet shall fall.

Almighty Salmon
2007-09-16, 05:07 PM
But my dear Stu42, you have to consider how much gold he was given. I can tell you i know for a fact he was given the least of all the Dukes. A dismal amount infact. This kingdom has fallen on hard times money wise.

Duke Salmon Opposes the Rebellion!

Studoku
2007-09-16, 05:10 PM
But my dear Stu42, you have to consider how much gold he was given. I can tell you i know for a fact he was given the least of all the Dukes. A dismal amount infact. This kingdom has fallen on hard times money wise.

Duke Salmon Opposes the Rebellion!
I still got the least gold. Pwenet and purple got 5, Khalden and I got 4. Considering Purple already had the 2 gold from raiser, I think he deserved to be one of those with 4 gold.

Raiser Blade
2007-09-16, 05:25 PM
The ghost of Raiser looks down on the madness below.

What is this now. He is complaining about 4 gold. Pwenet gave out a total of 18 gold. Now if pwenet got the least gold out of all the dukes what does that leave him with?

*Sips tea that TA gave him

**Haunts KFC

:smallamused:

Studoku
2007-09-16, 05:29 PM
I don't buy the least gold excuse. This duchy has fewer nobles to split the gold with.

Pwenet
2007-09-16, 06:08 PM
The Duke Pwenet needless to say is AGAINST the Rebellion.

In fact, he even takes a moment to attend the gathering of Dukes and Nobles that has met up for this year.

"My fellow Dukes and Nobles. It is on this sad day that the Noble Stu42 has decided to start a rebellion against me. Why does he start this rebellion, in his own words, because I am not giving him enough."

"Yet I feel I have been fair and just with my gold payments. Since I have become the Duke of my lands, 2 years have passed. On the first year, this is the distribution of gold to myself and my Nobles."

A servant comes up with a chart displaying the following information.

First Year of Duke Pwenet's Rule Gold Distribution - 24 Gold Given to Duke Pwenet from King Fleeing Coward
Duke Pwenet - 6 Gold
Noble: Stu42 - 6 Gold
Noble: Khaldan - 6 Gold
Noble: purple gelatinous cube o' Doom - 6 Gold

"I have to all EQUALLY, despite the fact that Stu42 controls the weakest piece of land under my control, with a power rating of 1!

This year is apparently the one that is causing all the issues."

The servant switches the charts, showing the distribution of gold for the following year.

Second Year of Duke Pwenet's Rule Gold Distribution - 18 Gold Given to Duke Pwenet from King Fleeing Coward
Duke Pwenet - 5 Gold
Noble: Stu42 - 4 Gold
Noble: Khaldan - 4 Gold
Noble: purple gelatinous cube o' Doom - 5 Gold

"I was left in a situation where 2 gold was left over after giving everyone four. I decided to give one gold to myself to aid in the support of the lands, and one to Noble Purple Gelatinous Cube O' Doom due to his support. Noble Stu42 have a overinflated opinion of his own self-worth. Shortly before he declared his rebellion against me, he sent this message via courier to me."

Hello Subjects:

Our King has only given our lands 18 Gold for this turn. As such, here is the distribution:

Pwenet: 5 Gold
Purple: 5 Gold
Khaldan: 4 Gold
Stu42: 4 Gold
Not good enough. Under raiser's administration, I was the one getting the least gold and I had hoped that you would make an effort to even it out, as opposed to making things worse.

"I have left the past, in the past after taking over this post from those that have come before. I started with a blank slate, aiming to start treating everyone equally, as if the past did not occur. The other Nobles have not raised any objections over this, only Noble Stu42. I can only assume that this power-hungry, war-happy Noble with a overinflated opinion of self and ego, wants more power, wants what will never be his."

"I wish to extend my thanks to Duke Almighty Salmon for standing with my against this rebellious Noble. In all honesty, with the removal of Noble Stu42, I would pray that our lands will enter a greater time of peace and prosperity. For this, I humbly ask all of you, stand with me, stand with me against Noble Stu42, and help teach him a lesson he will soon not forget."

Artemis97
2007-09-16, 06:30 PM
It seems Duke Pwenet distributed the gold as fairly as possible, honestly, with such a weak holding of land, he could have left you with nothing. Be thankful for what you have.

Lady Artemis is Against the Rebellion.

Fleeing Coward
2007-09-16, 06:32 PM
The crown is against the rebellion.
Sorry Lord Stu but looking at the figures, these just happen to be the fairest distribution of gold in the entire kingdom yet you seek to rebel?

EDIT: Here's a screenie of the amount I got, your choice to believe it or not. As you can see, our dear narrator Castaras is hard at work trying to screw me with these payments she's sending me so there's little point in me editting it :smalltongue:
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/3228/greedmj8.jpg

Raiser Blade
2007-09-16, 06:35 PM
I like the fact that your list says i got curbstomped in the arena. I dunno i just find it funny. :smallbiggrin:

Raisers ghost sets up a ghostly bar where all the slain souls may come to rest.

*sets out shots of tequila

Pwenet
2007-09-16, 06:38 PM
I like the fact that your list says i got curbstomped in the arena. I dunno i just find it funny. :smallbiggrin:

Raisers ghost sets up a ghostly bar where all the slain souls may come to rest.

*sets out shots of tequila

((Bows))

Duke Pwenet smiles as the various Nobles, Dukes and even the King give their support to his rule.

"My Lord, I humbly thank you for your support for my policies. I wish that this did not happen, for I love peace. And yet maybe this will be for the best in the long run."

"And to the others who are supporting me in the struggle, I thank you as well. I am pleased to have such allies and friends in this kingdom."

Haruki-kun
2007-09-16, 06:59 PM
This is not the right way to go! says Duke Haruki-kun, In order to survive these hard times, we must stand strong and united as a kingdom, not fight each other for a few miserable bits of gold! I oppose this rebellion!

((Man..... that whole dukedom is going to disapear at this rate! ))

GoC
2007-09-16, 07:11 PM
I also got 4 and ain't complaining. (There isn't even enough gold for everyone to have 4 so I got slightly above average)
I follow my duke and oppose the rebellion.

detrevnisisiht
2007-09-16, 07:16 PM
I shall side with my duke and my king as the just path is clear to me
(To my war organiser)ready the dire were-moles

Come patsy, we shall ride to war (sound of coconuts banging together is heard)

heretic
2007-09-16, 07:36 PM
"I took my four gold, and I liked it." heretic opposes the rebellion.

Psionic Dog
2007-09-16, 07:40 PM
Well, my royal guard's need a training exercise. So... Do I support the uppity noble in defiance of the king or the fair duke who helped my own righteous cause? ... Why did I even bother asking?

I side with Duke Pwenet against the rebellion.

2007-09-16, 07:58 PM
Stu, you have been against this Duchy since it's inception, and it is now time for your insubordination to come to an end.

opposes the rebellion

(Castaras, I had to delete a lot of messages in my inbox, would it be possible to get my told total thus far)

Neodan282
2007-09-16, 08:12 PM
I Oppose the Rebelion for great justice.

wadledo
2007-09-16, 08:17 PM
I call shot gun!
Wait this is a medieval setting?
Then I call black death!

Noble Wadledo opposes the rebellion.

2007-09-16, 10:26 PM
I seem to be but one of the many who say "this rebellion is silly", I'm still willing to send wave upon wave of goblins and peasants to bring it down.

(Oppose)

Castaras
2007-09-17, 07:30 AM
(( A rebellion has been declared. Therefore, I'll extend the turn an extra day. You all have until Tuesday 18th, 4:00pm GMT to state whether you're going to join the rebellion against Pwenet, or support Pwenet against the might of Stu42.

Wow, the school didn't block this page for once! Yay! :smallbiggrin: ))

Pwenet
2007-09-17, 07:46 AM
A servant runs up, and puts the following results of the votes up for all to see after the previous post got accidentally deleted for some strange reason by the same servant in a moment of confusion.

The servant then wails about asking for a peaceful year.

Rebellion Against Duke Pwenet, instigated by Noble Stu42.

AGAINST the REBELLION

AGAINST the REBELLION

AGAINST the REBELLION

AGAINST the REBELLION

AGAINST the REBELLION

AGAINST the REBELLION

AGAINST the REBELLION

AGAINST the REBELLION

AGAINST the REBELLION

AGAINST the REBELLION

AGAINST the REBELLION

AGAINST the REBELLION

AGAINST the REBELLION

AGAINST the REBELLION

AGAINST the REBELLION

Duke: Psionic Dog:
AGAINST the REBELLION

AGAINST the REBELLION

AGAINST the REBELLION

AGAINST the REBELLION

Former Duke: Pastafarian:
Choked on his own overindulgence on Pasta.

Duke: Pwenet:
AGAINST the REBELLION

SUPPORTS the REBELLION

AGAINST the REBELLION

Former Duke: Traveling_Angel:
Former Duke: Raiser_B1ade:
Curbstomped in the arena.

Pwenet
2007-09-17, 07:52 AM
Duke Pwenet emerges to make yet another speech.

"My King, fellow Dukes, honored Nobles! In this time of unrest, I wish to extend my personal thanks to each and every single one of you that are supporting me at this time. Believe me when I say I did not wish this rebellion occurred, that Noble Stu42 would have been content with the generous stipend I set aside for his lands, and yet some people are greedy, and desire only what they do not have. If he wins, I fear for the safety of the lands. Yet this is a baseless fear, for with your support, we shall end this rebellion, and bring peace to the lands. LONG LIVE KING FLEEING COWARD!!!

Exachix
2007-09-17, 07:57 AM
Noble Exachix considers this.

Peace was nice. War is sometimes good for business... maybe he could even snag a bit of... no. That's not going to happen.

He sighs and sends out his Emissary with the news.

"The Good Noble Exachix, controller of my lands in the stead of the Duke Almighty Salmon, has decided. Late. Again." The man Smiles. "The army of my Noble will assist you, Duke Pwenet, against the rebelling Noble.

My Noble can only wish that this province fails to shrink much more."

Exachix Opposes The Rebellion.

DarkCorax
2007-09-17, 10:17 AM
I will follow my duke and Oppose the rebellion, I see no real wrong done.

Calamity
2007-09-17, 11:54 AM
Pwenet has done nothing wrong. Naturally, I am againstthe Rebellion

HyramGraff
2007-09-17, 04:11 PM
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I will side with my Duke and my King Against the rebellion.

Therarde
2007-09-17, 04:54 PM
I'll join just about everyone else and side against the rebellion.

I'm da Rogue!
2007-09-17, 05:31 PM
Da Rogue is against the rebellion

Moff Chumley
2007-09-17, 05:36 PM
Riding across the land, in a huge wagon drivin by dire Guinea Pigs, comes the bandwagon of crushing landslides. Hop on!

Yes, I'm against the rebbelion.

Lord Magtok
2007-09-17, 08:46 PM
I shall follow my duke, and turn against this rebellion.

Castaras
2007-09-18, 10:24 AM
(( Creativity's being really annoying...will try and edit in something better later on... ))

Stu42 gets beaten. Pretty easily.

Seeing as Stu was the only one on his side, he is the one Pwenet gets rid of, by default. Money goes to Pwenet, and thus ends another year.

Money will be sent out to Fleeing Coward, and then he'll have 24 hours to distribute the gold.

Studoku
2007-09-18, 02:28 PM
Wow, that was unsucessful. It might be karma paying me back for causing the same thing to happen to Raiser. Do I win an award for having the most unsuccessful and slightly karmic rebellion ever? (since I had 1 power)

For anyone wondering why I rebelled, the real reason was that I had no chance of getting anywhere. I had 1 power and much less gold because I sided against raiser.

I told KFC about the rebellion in the hope that I would be made duke as a reward. It didn't work though so I took direct measures which were a bit too suicidal. I was hoping for a few people to rebel for the sake of it, causing Pwenet to switch sides and join the rebellion against himself (I reckon he'd have done it).

If I could change one thing I did, I'd have rebelled against raiser blade myself before he suicided.