PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Greed II

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Castaras
2007-08-30, 11:24 AM
Current Phase: King giving out moneyish things

It has been quiet round the kingdom. Queen Castaras has been fair with gold, and all the nobles, dukes, and duchesses are happy. All is well, except for the occasional attack of werewolves, mafia, and aliens in the outlying villages and cities of the land.

But the queen is not getting any older. As she lies on her death bed, the many nobles, duchesses, and dukes of the kingdom flock to her bedside, waiting to hear her final words, on who would next be the ruler of the land. For they were all consumed with greed. Greed for money, greed for power, greed for everything the Queen held.

It was this Ultimate Greed that drew the nobility to the Queen, like vultures to a rotting carcass...

Welcome to Ultimate Greed! Tormsskull has given me permission to bring this game back, and so we commence.

Game Rules:

Objective of the game: End up with the most money & stay alive.

Sequence of turns: The game is tracked in rounds. Each round is 72 hours long. Should a rebellion be declared (see below) an additional 24 hours will be added onto that round.

Ok, here's the idea: (for every instance of King, remember it might be Queen)

There's 1 King randomly selected from the player pool. The King gets between 100 and 200 gold each turn (this number is generated randomly) that he has to pay the dukes/duchess' with. The dukes/duchess' in turn pay their nobles.

Each duke/duchess & each noble is given a secret power rating that measures how much power that player commands (it is a number between 1 and 10). ONLY the King knows this number!!! The King automatically gets a power level of 10.

If a duke/duchess is unhappy with how much money he is receiving from the King, he can discuss it with the King and try to renegotiate or he can choose to rebel. Nobles unhappy with how much money they are receiving from their duke/duchess can also choose to rebel. There can be multiple rebellions at any one time.

What happens during a rebellion:

Rebellions will be handeled in levels. If a duke/duchess declares a rebellion, it will be a rebellion against the king/queen. If a noble declares a rebellion it will be against the duke/duchess that is paying them.

Regardless or who declares a rebellion, anyone can pick a side and throw their support to that side. Once the battle lines have been drawn, the participants on both sides have their power levels totaled to see who is victorius.

If a duke/duchess' rebellion is successful, the king/queen is eliminated from the game, and the instigating duke/duchess becomes the new king/queen. The spot that is vacated by that duke/duchess will be filled by whoever the former duke of that spot wishes to be there. If a noble's rebellion is successful, the duke/duchess is eliminated from the game and the instigating noble becomes the new duke/duchess.

If a rebellion versus the king fails, the king gets to eliminate 1 duke/duchess or 1 noble who sided against the king in the rebellion. The person whom they eliminate is out of the game and all of their gold is added to the king's. If the king eliminates a duke/duchess, a new duke/duchess will be selected by the king to fill that spot.

If a rebellion versus a duke/duchess fails, the duke/duchess gets to eliminate 1 duke/duchess or 1 noble who sided against the duke/duchess in the rebellion. The person selected is eliminated from the game and their gold is added to the victorius duke/duchess'. If this results in a vacant duke/duchess spot, a new duke/duchess will be selected by the victorious duke/duchess.

Keep in mind, gold can swap at anytime. If a noble wants to convince another noble to rebel, he can offer gold to do so. All exchanges of gold must be PMed to me. Any gold exchange that isn't addressed to both myself & the recipient is not valid (we have to make sure that the final numbers all add up correctly).

Overall this is a simple game that has a lot of facets to it. The strategy for the King is to keep as much of the money generated as possible, without angering too many nobles. The nobles strategy is to gather as much money as possible & form alliances with one another incase they want to rebel.

The game ends when there are no declared rebellions for 3 rounds in a row. At that point, whoever has the most gold is declared the winner.

Time: When I PM the king/queen with the amount of gold generated for the round, the king/queen will have 24 hours to disburse the gold to the dukes/duchess'. The dukes/duchess' will have 24 hours to disburse gold to their nobles. The next 24 hours will be free for general dicussion/role-playing/rebellions/whatever. Then the next day will start, more gold will be given to the king/queen, and the process starts all over. If anyone fails to disburse gold, it will be assumed they kept all of the gold for themself (and dukes/nobles are free to respond accordingly :P)

Please remember that you MUST cc me on any gold disbursements so I can update the excel spreadsheet.

Also, a note on role-playing. Just like in Werewolf games, role-playing will be for fun only. I will probably write up some stories & possibly some rumors and such just to have fun with, but it has NO bearing on what is actually happening in the game.

Example of Play

John is the King. Bob(3), Dave(7), Jane(10), and Doreen(5) are nobles. The number next to their name is their Power Level (remember: Only the John knows this number).

Round 1: It is randomly determined that 135 gold was generated this round. John receives a PM from me that he has 135 gold at his disposal. John decides to pay Bob 10 gold, Dave 30 gold, Jane 15 gold, Dorren 20 gold, and keeps 60 gold for himself.

Bob is not happy with his 10 gold, he sends a PM to John and demands at least 30 gold. John says no.

Bob sends a PM to Jane and asks her if she wants to rebel. She tells him that if he starts the rebellion she will join in.

Bob declares a rebellion.

John sends a PM to Jane and offers her 10 gold right now, and an additional 20 gold if she joins John's side in the rebellion.

Jane refuses & sides with the rebellion.

Doreen sides with John.

Jane PMs Dave and offers 10 gold if he joins Jane's side of the rebellion.

Dave PMs John and tells him that Jane & Bob are offering to make Dave the King if he joins them and kills off John. John offers Dave 50 gold if he will stay with John. Dave accepts the 50 gold.

Dave sides with John.

We add up all of the power levels on both sides and see that John's side wins. John chooses to eliminate Jane & takes all of her money for himself.

Round 2: It is randomly determined that 180 gold was generated this round. John receives a PM from me that he has 180 gold at his disposal. John decides to pay Bob 0 gold, Dave 50 gold, Doreen 40 gold, and keeps 90 gold for himself.

Dave PMs Doreen & offers her 50 gold if she will start a rebellion. She accepts the 50 gold.

Doreen declares rebellion.

Bob sides with Doreen.

Dave PMs John and demands 100 gold or he will rebel. John agrees.

Dave sides with John.

etc, etc.

Players: 31

Ye Olde Liste o' Roles
King: Fleeing Coward
-Duke: Almighty Salmon Mutilated in two rebellions at once.
-Duke: Moff Chumley
--Noble: Fualkner Asiniti
--Noble: PirateMonk
--Noble: detrevnisisiht
--Noble: Exachix Also deaded in rebellion numba sixo
-Duke: Calamity Deaded in rebellion numba fiveo
-Duke: I'm Da Rogue! Retired
-Duke: Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
-Duke: Artemis97
--Noble: nathkry
--Noble: HyramGraff
-Duke: Haruki-Kun
--Noble: Jontom Xire
--Noble: Therade
--Noble: GoC
--Noble: Lord Magtok
--Noble: Heretic
-Duke: Pastafarian Killed in the second Rebellion by Psionic Dog
-Duke: Psionic Dog
--Noble: Neodan282
--Noble: DarkCorax
--Noble: Flying Elephant
--Noble: wadledo
-Duke: Traveling_Angel Killed in first rebellion by Raiser_B1ade.
-Duke: Raiser_B1ade Executed by the king in the third Rebellion.
-Duke: Pwenet Retired.
-Duke: purple gelatinous cube o' Doom Torn apart by the crowd
--Noble: Stu42 Executed by Pwenet in the fourth rebellion.
--Noble: KhaldanKilled in one of the many rebellions

Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Exachix
2007-08-30, 11:29 AM
*decends on thread like... a hippy at glastonberry and the thread is face-painting.*

Wanna be a panther!

sorry.

I'll join.

I'm da Rogue!
2007-08-30, 11:29 AM
I'm in but I got confused at a point :smalltongue:

Greed sounds cool. Conspiracies, rebellions.. I luv it!

wadledo
2007-08-30, 11:41 AM
Yes!
Yes!
I will be a tyrannical ruler, devouring babies and small woodland animals like candy as I cut a bloody swath through the countryside.
(gods smack head and say "not yet")
Oh! yes um,
you have my interest. :smallsmile:

Calamity
2007-08-30, 11:44 AM
I remember this! So I will join!

Haruki-kun
2007-08-30, 11:48 AM
Sure, why not?

I'm in!

PirateMonk
2007-08-30, 11:49 AM
I'm in.

Moff Chumley
2007-08-30, 05:17 PM
Sure, I'll play, but I might not get to participate much, so please make me a noble. If not, okay, but it would be nice.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-08-30, 05:32 PM
Okay, I'll play. Sounds fun.

"I shall rule with a titanium fist. Those who prove their loyalty shall see themselves rewarded, while those those who prove untrustworthy.... well, we'll think of something, shan't we?"

Fleeing Coward
2007-08-30, 07:28 PM
Sounds fun, count me in.

Just one question. Is it an open rebellion vote or are votes PMed?

Almighty Salmon
2007-08-30, 07:49 PM
Well if Fleeing Coward is in, i guess i am too :smallamused:

this should be fun.

DraPrime
2007-08-30, 09:10 PM
Shouldn't this be in the organized games sub-forum?

Castaras
2007-08-31, 01:49 AM
Just one question. Is it an open rebellion vote or are votes PMed?

Open Rebellion.

Shouldn't this be in the organized games sub-forum?

Yeah, I'll go pm a mod to move this.

heretic
2007-08-31, 11:27 AM
Count me in.

Fualkner Asiniti
2007-08-31, 12:36 PM
Totally in. Rebellion every turn! YEAH!

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-08-31, 12:40 PM
sign me up.

Flying Elephant
2007-08-31, 12:47 PM
I'm in.
letters

Studoku
2007-08-31, 01:02 PM
Seems complicated, but I'm good at figuring out rules when I start playing. Sign me up.

Lord Magtok
2007-08-31, 02:00 PM
I'm in. Extra text.

Pwenet
2007-08-31, 02:20 PM
I shall give this a shot.

Pastafarian
2007-08-31, 02:28 PM
I would like to join.

Khaldan
2007-08-31, 03:28 PM
*pokes* Hurt castaras! *poke*

In.

GoC
2007-08-31, 05:21 PM
I'm in.
blah blah

Psionic Dog
2007-08-31, 05:40 PM
Politics, money, backstabing...

I have to try this. Count me in.

Edit: How many rounds will this game last? Unless it's really last man standing it helps to have a defined finish where scores and rankings will be posted.

Edit: Edit @V Thanks, missed that part.

PirateMonk
2007-08-31, 06:34 PM
^ *Ahem*:

The game ends when there are no declared rebellions for 3 rounds in a row. At that point, whoever has the most gold is declared the winner.

Artemis97
2007-08-31, 06:49 PM
I'll play, this looks interesting.

Traveling_Angel
2007-08-31, 07:32 PM
In, as this looked awesome last time.

Neodan282
2007-08-31, 09:45 PM
In and I wanna be a Noble!

Jontom Xire
2007-09-01, 01:04 AM
Definitely in, and I hope I get to be a noble again. I was doing really well in the last game.

Raiser Blade
2007-09-01, 01:24 AM
I'm in. *hoardes all the gold

Castaras
2007-09-01, 02:41 AM
Okaydokey, 26 players so far.

DarkCorax
2007-09-01, 06:04 AM
Sure, I'll join.

detrevnisisiht
2007-09-01, 08:08 AM
I'd like to play

Therarde
2007-09-01, 06:07 PM
Sure, looks cool. I'm in.

nathkry
2007-09-01, 08:13 PM
This looks great. I'll join.

HyramGraff
2007-09-03, 12:48 AM
Is there still time to join this? If so I'm in.

Castaras
2007-09-03, 10:59 AM
And sign ups are closed! Roles will be decided soon.

Castaras
2007-09-03, 01:35 PM
Okay, Roles and Power Levels(For the Dukes and the King) have been Pmed to everyone. Anyone who hasn't got a PM, just yell.

And for the public to see:

Ye Olde Liste o' Roles
King: Fleeing Coward
-Duke: Almighty Salmon
--Noble: Fualkner Asiniti
--Noble: PirateMonk
--Noble: Moff Chumley
--Noble: detrevnisisiht
--Noble: Exachix
-Duke: Calamity
--Noble: Artemis97
--Noble: Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
--Noble: I'm Da Rogue!
--Noble: nathkry
--Noble: HyramGraff
-Duke: Haruki-Kun
--Noble: Jontom Xire
--Noble: Therade
--Noble: GoC
--Noble: Lord Magtok
--Noble: Heretic
-Duke: Pastafarian
--Noble: Neodan282
--Noble: DarkCorax
--Noble: Flying Elephant
--Noble: Psionic Dog
--Noble: wadledo
-Duke: Traveling_Angel
--Noble: Raiser_B1ade
--Noble: Stu42
--Noble: Khaldan
--Noble: Pwenet
--Noble: purple gelatinous cube o' Doom

Game will start soon. Feel free to start bantering/roleplaying/whining at the narrator(Not recommended...).

Edit: Oh yes, we need a name for the kingdom, and for the Dukedoms. You lot go suggest them.

Neodan282
2007-09-03, 01:41 PM
I feel sorry for Almighty Salmon, Fleeing Coward being the king and AS being a duke. Something tells me that eather AS or FC will die by round 2.

Psionic Dog
2007-09-03, 01:50 PM
Hail the Monarch, *checks script of Monarch-of-the-month* All hail the Royal Coward err... King FC! May he live long (but not so prosperously) and rule well.

Almighty Salmon
2007-09-03, 01:52 PM
Fleeing Coward is the king? :smalleek:

Oh dear lord, i can imagine him banning all food but sushi..

Pastafarian
2007-09-03, 02:13 PM
Fleeing Coward is the king? :smalleek:

Oh dear lord, i can imagine him banning all food but sushi..
If he bans noodles I'll help you rebel.

I'm da Rogue!
2007-09-03, 02:18 PM
King Fleeing Coward?:smallconfused:

:smalleek: That means that... our kingdom is ruled by KFC!!!!

Traveling_Angel
2007-09-03, 02:57 PM
^priceless. just priceless.

heretic
2007-09-03, 03:12 PM
*bows to I'm da Rogue*

My loyalty flows with the quips, my lord.

wadledo
2007-09-03, 03:14 PM
I demand my people be paid in Popcorn chicken and biscuits, or the republic of Wecannotthinkofagoodnameatthemomentbutsomethingwil lcometouseventualy will seceded from the kingdom!

Therarde
2007-09-03, 03:21 PM
My loyalty to the king and my lord! *checks plots to overthrow entire kingdom and presume self ruler of Continentia* Yes, I would do anything to please them.

Exachix
2007-09-03, 03:24 PM
Noble Exachix sits in his own castle, content with his corner of the world at hand.

This is him. (http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/b435efb317135c4d673260f12da322d118a420e8.png)

Haruki-kun
2007-09-03, 04:03 PM
@ I'm the Rogue: That was really priceless. :smallbiggrin:

All hail King FC!!!! We pay our loyalty to him!!!!! (cough)

Artemis97
2007-09-03, 04:17 PM
All hail King FC!!!! We pay our loyalty to him!!!!! (cough)

So long as he pays us!

Calamity
2007-09-03, 04:19 PM
Indeed! Let him be a generous King! Then all my loyalty belongs to him!

(All my loyalty are belong to the Coward of Retreating, I have no idea why I had the urge to type that)

I'm da Rogue!
2007-09-03, 05:17 PM
^ My dear Duke, I'm all yours... as long as you pay me well!

My rapier is at your service!

Neodan282
2007-09-03, 07:55 PM
If the pay is good I will be a faithful servant of Duke Pastafarian.

For Pastafaria!

GoC
2007-09-03, 08:34 PM
I pledge alliegence to King Fleeing Coward and Duke Haruki-Kun!
*hopes his power level is 99*

Fleeing Coward
2007-09-03, 08:35 PM
My loyal subjects (honourless sycophants), I am honoured that our late Queen (whom I definately did not poison) has chosen me to rule this fair (for me) and prosperous (not for long) land. I know that as you noble king (heartless dictator), my rule shall only last as long as I have support of my loyal dukes and nobles (treacherous scum) of this great kingdom (dictatorship). Thus I shall endeavour to treat each and every one of my subjects equally (except the Salmon) and with the respect they deserve (none).
Together, we shall bring our kingdom of Gwynedd (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Gwynedd) to a new era of peace and prosperity (death and decay) where no free man (you're all slaves) shall ever have to go to bed hungry again (beds are hereby banned under the penalty of death).

On a totally unrelated note, income taxes has been raised to 110%, the armies of all duchies shall be reduced down to a fort guard plus the duke's personal bodyguards and Sunday shall now be known as Sushi Day :smallbiggrin:

Therarde
2007-09-03, 08:42 PM
The King has spoken! Long live the king!

As soon as I'm king, that is.

Haruki-kun
2007-09-03, 09:59 PM
Long live the king!!!!!!!

(Suck his savings account dry, and THEN we rebel, OK, people?)

2007-09-03, 10:04 PM
The king is a fink!

*ducks behind sofa*

Castaras
2007-09-04, 01:45 AM
And thus the coronation was a mighty success, and the partying went on for four nights long. Although some nobles and dukes would rather forget some of the events, like the dance and song Haruki-kun gave us, the people of the kingdom cheered loudly for King Fleeing Coward as he rode to his castle, the mightiest creation of stone ever seen in the kingdom of Gwynedd. And the first year in the rule of King Fleeing Coward I began.

Those who listen might hear some rumours being spread by the gossips of the land…

“’Ere, you ‘eard? The ol’ queen’s still alive! They say she’s a scribe for the king!”
“Nay! The new king poisoned her! Didn’t you ‘ear? Got the poison from Duke Almighty Salmon!”
“Although did ye know that Noble Da Rogue demanded to be paid in spicy chicken rather than gold from her ‘Good KFC’!”
“No way! Maybe she’d heard that because the king created “Sushi Day”, she could get other foods as well!”
“Nah, that’s silly. I think it might be because that Lord Fullbladder called the king a Fink!”
“*Gasp* Why that’s horrible! Why’d he say that?”
“I dunno. Although I heard that Lord Exachix is a thief and a vampire!”
“A Vampire?! Can he get rid of these werewolf problems then?”
“Don’t think so. Although that Noble Flying Elephant…I ‘eard ‘e was attacked by lawyers! And ‘e got rid of them through paying every last copper ‘e ‘ad!
“Wow.”
“Yeah. I’m glad I live on Artemis97’s lands rather than his…”
“Then is it true? That the Noble Artemis97 is seeing that Khaldan?”
“What does she see in that kobold anyway?”
“Hey did you know…”

And the first phase begins. The King has 24 hours to distribute the gold he recieves to his not-so-loyal dukes.

Jontom Xire
2007-09-04, 02:09 AM
Game on - let the politicking begin.

Castaras
2007-09-04, 06:54 AM
The gold has now been distributed to the dukes.

The Dukes have 24 hours to distribute gold coins(GC) to the rabble nobles.

Exachix
2007-09-04, 08:23 AM
Yay!
Soon we shall have money!

Money money money!

Fleeing Coward
2007-09-04, 08:55 AM
Ain't you one of the cursed wise Salmon's nobles? I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you :smallamused:. Of course, if Monsieur Salmon were to have a little accident... :smallwink:

Exachix
2007-09-04, 09:00 AM
Yes, the fish is my duke...

Ah well.

I'm da Rogue!
2007-09-04, 10:23 AM
GOD SAVE KFC!!!!!
(yeah right)

As long as our kind king is generous to us, we shall be faithful to him!

(give us more gp you coward king, if you wish to live)

Same for my duke Calamity!

(Same fot that Calamity guy).

Raiser Blade
2007-09-04, 01:09 PM
"May the King of KFC live forever."
"Why do you wan't him to live forever."
"Because he's the king duh."
"Well if he lives forever you won't win the game."
"That is treason and or blasphemy." "Take it back this instant."
"Never."
"Then you will pay for your insult."

(Mob)
"Lets stone him!

"And then we'll throw rocks at him."

"What."

GoC
2007-09-04, 03:53 PM
Hmm... 5 gold.
Enough to keep me from rebelling (for now) I suppose.:smallamused:

Studoku
2007-09-04, 03:58 PM
Do we ever get to know what the king/duke's total budget is?

Khaldan
2007-09-04, 04:20 PM
Nope. Which is why a set of 180 gold generated, and KFC keeps it for himself can incite a noble revolt, entirely because the dukes can't give the noboles money.

Therarde
2007-09-04, 04:49 PM
Hmm...If anyone needs me, I will be hunting. Wild cabbage can be very fierce.

I'm da Rogue!
2007-09-04, 05:02 PM
And I shall go to the Ladies' House of Art <thieves' guild> I'm running. If anyone wants to come with me, s/he's very welcome :smallsmile:

Moff Chumley
2007-09-04, 06:06 PM
Just checkin': has money been distributed to the nobles yet?

Oh yes, and: Long live KFC. And Sushi. Say, how about Kentucky Fried Sushi?

And as for Dukedom (?) names, may I suggest:
Salmonland
The Land of Salmon
Almightyland
The Land of Almighty
Salmonalmightylandand
The Land of Salmonalmighty
Almightysalmonland
The Land of Almightysalmon
The Glorious Domain in which Moff Chumley is assosiated?

Haruki-kun
2007-09-04, 06:11 PM
Just checkin': has money been distributed to the nobles yet?

Depends on who your Duke is. Some people haven't distributed yet.

Yes, I support Kentucky Fried Sushi. Though there's something about frying sushi that doesn't quite seem right.......... :smallconfused:

Almighty Salmon
2007-09-04, 06:17 PM

Hey! If you want to get paid. Then you will not eat sushi! Understand?

As for the names for the land, i like them all. except the last one.

Moff Chumley
2007-09-04, 06:19 PM
Fine. No more Sushi. (But I'm not giving up tuna sushi.)

But... what if we made (drum roll please...)
Kentucky Fried Sushi made with Chicken!

Yes I know, technicaly that's not sushi. Sue me.

Almighty Salmon
2007-09-04, 06:24 PM
As long as it has no fish products in it, you may eat it. :smalltongue:

Expect your payments soon. I am just awaiting a response from the king.

Moff Chumley
2007-09-04, 06:28 PM
Aw, please? I'll stay away from Salmon, I promise!

(I move that Salmon should be capitalized.)

Almighty Salmon
2007-09-04, 06:35 PM
Aw, please? I'll stay away from Salmon, I promise!

We'll see. It all depends on how loyal you are. :smallamused:

Dear god, I love power.

detrevnisisiht
2007-09-04, 06:52 PM
Long Live The Almighty Salmon!!!,whos power is matched only by our king,Long Live the King! p.s. A.S. im a vegatarian i would never eaten you or you siblings.

Moff Chumley
2007-09-04, 07:00 PM
Matched :smallannoyed: ? Not really. The Salmon is directly responable for our paychecks. And, if I keep up with the 'duke before king' shtick, I could lower Salmon's paycheck, cause a rebbelion, and get him overthrown (hopefuly)... Of course, this is all hypothetical, and let me just take a moment to say how I absolutely abhore eating anything but the flesh of land-dwelling creatures...

(All though I do wish our 'fearless leader' would get on with the money...)

Raiser Blade
2007-09-04, 07:15 PM
"Hmm why are you all looking at me it's not like i'm plotting with Fleeing Coward to overthrow the Almighty Salmon."
*Plots scheme with fleeing coward to overthrow the salmony tyrant
[OOC] I know i'm not one of his dukes this post was just for fun and should not be taken seriously. [OOC]

Almighty Salmon
2007-09-04, 07:18 PM
:smallannoyed: *Glares at Ra1ser B1ade*

Patience my Nobles, the PM has been sent the GC should arrive soon.

Raiser Blade
2007-09-04, 07:27 PM
I declare a revolt against the tyrannical Traveling_Angel

Side with me and i can promise that when i am duke i will keep half of what my nobles get. This is very fair compared to what the other nobles are getting.

Moff Chumley
2007-09-04, 07:31 PM
[Does best to dissasosiate The Land of Salmon from Traveling_Angel's domain] Let's not do this, hmm, Salmon?

2007-09-04, 07:33 PM
I side with Raiser_B1ade. Revolt against the stingy Traveling_Angel.

Khaldan
2007-09-04, 07:40 PM
*supports the revolt*

Pwenet
2007-09-04, 07:40 PM
I side with Raiser_B1ade: Pwenet joins in the revolt against the poorly paying Traveling_Angel.

Moff Chumley
2007-09-04, 07:41 PM
OOC: I'm sorry! I accidentally blocked PM's and for a long reason will not be able to view it for at least a day...

Neodan282
2007-09-04, 08:52 PM
I shall wait for my dukes commands in the rebelion, Four gold has you do that.

Traveling_Angel
2007-09-04, 10:20 PM
Ahem, time to defend myself.

First, a few facts I wish to state:

I was given 30 gp from the king.
I gave 4 to each of my nobles (of which there are five), leaving 10 for myself.

Now, on to gameplay analysis/rebuttals.
I intend to keep my nobles on equal pay, and adjusting after helping/supporting me in various revolts they get a raise, opposing me nets a drop. If I had given them each 5, then I keep only 5, and thats no way to play if I want to win/make progress. Determined to not play random or power-based favorites, I simply gave the most I could to the nobles within the bounds of common sense.

Raiser_B1ade, do you mean half of what the nobles get altogether, half of all the gold or half of what each receives? I have done the first, surpassed the second and the third is ludicrous.

Khaldan
2007-09-04, 10:25 PM
you forgot to put me on that list :smallyuk:

I didn't get nay messege, and i think you missed my spot because there are 5 people in our group, and you had to mail cassie as well. So, do i really have 4 gp by accidental mess-up, or are you EVIL?!

Traveling_Angel
2007-09-04, 10:33 PM
I sent two PMs, one to Cassie with the gold distribution, and one (that you should have gotten) to the nobles. If Cassie didn't give you gold, thats out of my hands.

Hey, Castaras, did you give Khaldan gold?

heretic
2007-09-04, 10:40 PM
"What?!

You kept over twice what each noble received? Filthy cur!

You shall taste the iron fury of my legions!"

*Joins rebellion against Travelin_Angel*

GoC
2007-09-04, 10:49 PM
Ahem, time to defend myself.

First, a few facts I wish to state:

I was given 30 gp from the king.
I gave 4 to each of my nobles (of which there are five), leaving 10 for myself.

Now, on to gameplay analysis/rebuttals.
I intend to keep my nobles on equal pay, and adjusting after helping/supporting me in various revolts they get a raise, opposing me nets a drop. If I had given them each 5, then I keep only 5, and thats no way to play if I want to win/make progress. Determined to not play random or power-based favorites, I simply gave the most I could to the nobles within the bounds of common sense.

Raiser_B1ade, do you mean half of what the nobles get altogether, half of all the gold or half of what each receives? I have done the first, surpassed the second and the third is ludicrous.

You don't get it do you?:smallbiggrin:
With you gone there'll be less people to share the gold out to!
And once Raiser is gone they'll have 7 gold each...:smallamused:

That's partly the reason why if there's a rebellion I won't be the one starting it. The rewards are too small and the danger's to high.

2007-09-04, 10:57 PM
((ok, first Traveling, I don't believe that it's Cassie's job to tell us how much gold you give us. As I understand the rules, you have to let her know the gold distribution for it to be valid though.))

You complain about the amount of gold the king game you, then fail to tell us how much is alloted to us, and then you have the gall to be mad at us, when you seemingly left us out in the cold with nothing. Maybe you're gripe should be with the king for not giving you enough gold to begin with, than with us nobles.

2007-09-04, 11:06 PM
Down with this craven fool of a duke!

I'll side with the prosecuters, I think, yes. Change the mix up, hmm, yes. Begin the first phase, hmm, yes, quite..

A pox on the phony Duke of Angel!

Traveling_Angel
2007-09-04, 11:08 PM
That's odd, because I got a PM from Cassie telling me how much I got from the king, but that was also the PM telling me the power levels of my nobles(yes I know them, and no you can't have them). But what really matters is that you know what you were intended to get. Which you do. I intended to tell you all that you would get all the same amount anyway.

@heretic: Remember, I'm trying to play it even, not give anyone a bonus until they support me (hint to Stu42). I could either give each 5, and keep five, or go for 4 and 10, or get really greedy. Not much of a choice.

@GoC: The other option is to simply oppose the rebellion, which causes an elimination as well. *shrug*

Edit: any support for a first time player? Please?

Fleeing Coward
2007-09-04, 11:19 PM
The king gave as much as he could while still keeping some for himself for administrative purposes.
We, the crown, admit some of the dukes received abit more than others but political forces dictated that we try to keep the more powerful dukes and their nobles happy with abit more gold while going light on other duchies that just doesn't have as much influence.
Travelling Angel's handout of 30gc is actually relatively high considering that we gave one fish pond abit less than that to appease those money hungry dukes that have the power to swing votes significantly with their duchies.

((Sorry Salmon but your influence in the kingdom is actually the same/worse than some of the nobles from the other duchies so there was no way I could have give your duchy any more than I did without incurring the wrath of the other dukes. Even with what I gave you (25gc), I barely have much money to go around myself due to what I gave to some of the other duchies in hopes of having their support for the inevitable rebellion against me.))

Traveling_Angel
2007-09-04, 11:29 PM
(psst, FC, care to support?)

GoC
2007-09-04, 11:30 PM
@GoC: The other option is to simply oppose the rebellion, which causes an elimination as well. *shrug*

Edit: any support for a first time player? Please?

Sorry dude. But you were doomed from the start.
Maybe if you'de given 5 gold each on the first round and then started taking your cut...?
Nah. You were doomed.:smalltongue:

Jontom Xire
2007-09-04, 11:42 PM
I support the rebellion against Travelling Angel too. As a first time player perhaps you should have been a bit more careful. There were two things you could have done to be more careful: 1) Share the gold equally so that you all got 5 each - remember they want to win too - you being a duke doesn't give you the right to win ahead of them, just the opportunity. 2) Not declare your unfairness so openly. Talk about putting your foot in it!

nathkry
2007-09-04, 11:43 PM
I shall join the revolt against the greedy fink rulers! (Travelling_Angel in this case).

Neodan282
2007-09-04, 11:43 PM
I shall support the rebelion against FA until told otherwise.

Traveling_Angel
2007-09-04, 11:53 PM
Well, That's not good. Um, Nathkry, you'd help a buddy, right? simu'd.

Fortunately, only nobles have come against me, and not to many. Fellow dukes, Help? Yes, I'm pretty much pleading for help.

One beginners mistake and I die. Oh well.

Jontom Xire
2007-09-05, 12:00 AM
I don't think that's too likely, Travelling Angel, that the dukes will help you I mean.

KFC basically admitted that you and your nobles are the weakest in the land so he gave you less gold. With you gone your domain will be even weaker = less gold from KFC = more gold for all the other dukes who all have their own greedy nobles to support.

Fleeing Coward
2007-09-05, 12:22 AM
Well, for now the monarchy is against the rebellion started by Raiser_Blade . It is of our opinion that while Travelling Angel might have been a slight bit greedy in distribution of gold, he had acted fairly in his distribution of gold dispite the differences in power of his nobles.

((For the record, Salmon controls the weakest duchy in this game not Travelling Angel and I don't see why Travelling Angel's nobles are rebelling against him when losing him would just further weaken their duchy which would result in a smaller slice of the pie for them all.))

Jontom Xire
2007-09-05, 12:45 AM
Actually according to the original rules it could make them stronger. If I remember correctly, Dukes got a bonus to their power so while a noble could be stronger than their duke it was unlikely. When a noble was promoted, his power was re-rolled using the dukely rolling scheme. So, suppose:

Ra1ser Blade power = 1
Travelling Angel power = 5
Total power = 6

Travelling Angel gets eliminated and Ra1ser Blade is re-rolled as an 8.
8 > 6. The duchy increases in power due to the loss of its duke.

I'm not sure if that scheme is being used here though. And even if it was, such a scenario is slightly the unlikely side of probable. So you have a point. Although I'm not sure it's one you want to make since it benefits you too if the rebellion succeeds.

Calamity
2007-09-05, 02:05 AM
Sorry Traveling_Angel, but I agree. Keeping 10 gold and giving the rest of your noble is quite selfish. I side with Rasier_B1ade in the Rebellion

Castaras
2007-09-05, 02:11 AM
And the narrator needing to sleep causes rebellion again! :smallamused:

Just sending out all the money...although it really would help if you people just pm your nobles yourselves, as well as telling me. Just a hint, y'know.

Edit: Okay, all the duke's money has been sent out.

I would say "You have about 24 hours to roleplay, bribe, blackmail, and start a rebellion", but it seems you people have already started a rebellion! If anyone else wants to rebel, feel free...:smallwink:

So You have about 12 hours to decide whether you will Support the rebellion against Traveling_Angel, whether you'll join Traveling Angel against the rebels, or whether you'll just Sit and Watch, Remaining Neutral. And of course, you can roleplay, banter, blackmail, bribe, and all the rest of it as well, if you want.

Studoku
2007-09-05, 02:26 AM
I actually would have done the same as angel would, unless I could have split the gold into silver.

I can see how that would have resulted in my execution/assassination/lynching though and I can see the reasons the rebels have. I thank the infinitely wise flying spaghetti monster for not putting me in his position.

I'm going to support travelling angel out of princple and I hope others will do the same. Raiser's offer sounds too good to be true.

Obviously if the rebellion succeeds I am screwed though...:smalleek:

Raiser Blade
2007-09-05, 02:28 AM
What i mean by half is this:

If i get 30 and i have 4 nobles

I will give in order of power with 1 being the most powerfull

and keep 3 for myself.

Insane as it may be i would do this to stay in the game.

I'm serious about this and when/if i'm duke you can have fleeing coward prove i'm being honest.

Seriously though you kept 10 gold and i get 4. Thats not fair.
You could of at least gave everyone 5 thats more than alot of people got :read nobles of almighty salmon.

Side note if the king joins Traveling_Angels side and they lose can i choose to kill the king, just wondering.:smallwink:

It was worth a shot:smallsmile:

Anyways dukes do not side with your unfair brother Traveling_Angel. Join the cause of freedom or stay neutral. Either way it's cool. :smallcool:

Castaras
2007-09-05, 02:31 AM
If a noble's rebellion is successful, the duke/duchess is eliminated from the game and the instigating noble becomes the new duke/duchess.

Simple answer: No.

Castaras
2007-09-05, 02:40 AM
Actually according to the original rules it could make them stronger. If I remember correctly, Dukes got a bonus to their power so while a noble could be stronger than their duke it was unlikely. When a noble was promoted, his power was re-rolled using the dukely rolling scheme. So, suppose:

Ra1ser Blade power = 1
Travelling Angel power = 5
Total power = 6

Travelling Angel gets eliminated and Ra1ser Blade is re-rolled as an 8.
8 > 6. The duchy increases in power due to the loss of its duke.

I'm not sure if that scheme is being used here though. And even if it was, such a scenario is slightly the unlikely side of probable. So you have a point. Although I'm not sure it's one you want to make since it benefits you too if the rebellion succeeds.

Just noticed this...

Yes, when a rebellion succeeds, the power level is rerolled for the new duke. So you could get a more powerful province from it.

Almighty Salmon
2007-09-05, 03:55 AM
You kept 10 gold!? Now that's just greedy!

I support the rebellion against Traveling_Angel.

Jontom Xire
2007-09-05, 05:45 AM
I seem to remember that multiple rebellions are allowed.

Also it may help Castaras if people post their support of one side of the rebellion or other in red. Otherwise your support may be overlooked.

Psionic Dog
2007-09-05, 07:45 AM
WEEKLY BARK
Delivering Headline news to your doorstep

FLEEING COWARD CROWNED KING
Earlier this week Fleeing Coward became Monarch of our fair land after his beloved queen died, assuming the title "His Royal Majesty King Fleeing Coward of the Exalted Realm of Gwynedd and Associated Territories." However, out of fondness for his personal dinning habits the Dukes have simplified this to "KFC" The kingdom wishes to thank the New King for love and respect he showed his dear departed wife. It was touching the way he and the other grievers drank champagne and danced on the grave "In honor of perk spirit of our departed, and how she would be shamed if we filled our day with sorrow on her account"

NOBELS REVOLT AGAINST TRAVELING_ANGEL
Greedy for cash to finance personal monuments, the nobles of Traveling_Angel have lead a swift and ruthless revolt. TA has appealed for aid showing how he has been more than generous providing his nobles with starvation rations, but the kingdom at large has been unimpressed. "It's only a matter of time." the royal court is reported to say. Try outs for head executer are being held tomorrow morning. Also, a petition for sparing TA's life is available at KFC's gate.

BLIGHT STRIKES PSILAND DISTRICT
A terrible blight has stricken the wheat of Psiland, District of Pastavile, Province of Gwynedd. Described as "The worst humanitarian crisis in recent memory" the peasants have begun to riot over any edibles while threatening to storm the their Noble's administrative shack. Emissaries have begged the local Duck of aid to no avail.

Is your life story worth telling? For a small fee you too can have our corruptible reporters write a special propaganda statement just for you!

Did we mis-quote an event? For a few gold to cover print now get a revised accurate addition printed.

Jontom Xire
2007-09-05, 08:40 AM
Very very good. I vote Psionic Dog for official UG reporter!

Brought a smile to my face.

Pwenet
2007-09-05, 08:47 AM
((Long RP Post - Enjoy!))

Pwenet the Noble walks towards the center of the main town, on a business trip in regards to the current Rebellion against his liege the Duke Traveling Angel. With him are some servants and guards, but the striking thing is that Pwenet is dressed like a peasant. That is not to say he is dirty, or hasn’t bathed in years, but his clothing is the same cut and style that a peasant would wear, just cleaner. Gone are elaborate robes. Gone is elaborate jewelry, in fact the only piece of jewelry he wears is his signet ring indicating his status as a Noble of the lands.

Making his way up towards the pavilion where Nobles and Dukes can make pleas to their country men, fellow Nobles and Dukes. Clearing his throat, he looks out towards the bustling city, and his voice echoes throughout the area.

”My fellow citizens, Nobles, Dukes! Today I stand before you, one of the architects of the rebellion against the Duke Traveling Angel! Why do we rebel you ask? Is it because our King, the wise and benevolent Fleeing Coward, gave him 30 Gold to work with? NO! Is it because we are greedy and want to build large monuments to glorify us? NO! Is it because in a time of hardships, where food is scare for our small folk, where we have obligations to help them, Duke Traveling Angle HORDED the gold, and is spending it on a large mansion full of decadence and sin!”

”We REBEL because we want fairness. We REBEL because we are tired of having to put up with his indulgences. We REBEL because a poor peasant child could do a better job at maintaining his lands that he could! Us Nobles for years have been covering for him, covering up his mistakes, his errors, and we are tired and ready to forge our own destiny. If given a chance, I swear on my honor that our lands will become more profitable than ever before!

”This is NOT a rebellion against our King Fleeing Coward. We have the utmost respect for him, and thank him for the donation of 30 Gold to our lands. 30 Gold which could buy food, clothing, farming supplies, seed, livestock, the basics of making a life for the small folk! Instead Noble Traveling Angle horded a large portion of it, when all he has to do is keep us in line. Tell me, who is the real power? Those that sit in their mansion, being waited on hand and foot by nubile young girls, torn from their homes and forced to serve him, or those that care for the smallfolk, those that live near them, and attempt to aid them. Having a happy and stable smallfolk community builds a stronger kingdom, one that will eventually be even more rewarding to the kingdom as a whole!”

He then waves, and several of the smallfolk that accompanied him step forward. There are three in total, two men, one very old and another young, yet shaking, with the final smallfolk being a young woman.

”These villagers have agreed to travel with me, to show you what has happened under the inept rule of Duke Traveling Angel. Jon here, labored hard for his entire life on his family farm, only for Duke Traveling Angel to decide to raze his farmlands, for what you ask!?! Because he wanted to see a large BONFIRE! What did poor Jon get in compensation for the ruins of his family home? NOTHING!”

The old man nods, and a single tear emerges from his eye as Pwenet turns to gesture towards the younger man, who takes a shaky step forward. Half of his face is completely slack, with a bit of drool coming from his, along with a dead eye. In addition that side of the face is a dark grey color, and cracked in several places.

”Bran here, was full of potential, full of life! He would have made a excellent farmer, soldier, wizard, whatever he desired. And yet, a wave of sickness passed through our lands, and while Duke Traveling Angel had a cure, he REFUSED to give it out. Us Nobles sacrificed most of what we had in order to bribe him into releasing enough medication to treat the smallfolk, and yet it was too late, for many were left with uncontrollable shakiness, and the damage done to his face. Once a man that any Duke would have been proud to have as a squire, he is now depending on the generosity of others.”

Bran takes a step back, his good eye blinking slowly as the young woman steps forward.

”This is Ceilica. She was taken from her home on eighteenth name day. She was forced to serve in Duke Traveling Angel mansion. The stories she could tell, would horrify you. Even to this day, she rarely speaks about it, trying to forget the horrors she saw.”

Ceilica steps back and Pwenet waves towards the crowd.

”NOW is the time for change. The old queen is dead, may her soul rest gently. But for years she protected Duke Traveling Angel. Now is the time for change, to bring these lands to a brighter tomorrow. Duke Traveling Angel, I call upon you to follow your namesake, and travel, far away from here, to lands unknown!”

"LONG LIVE KING FLEEING COWARD! MAY HIS RULE BE JUST AND WISE!"

Pwenet then steps down, and he and his entourage head away.

Studoku
2007-09-05, 08:54 AM
Short RP post- enjoy but savor

Pwenet does not aid the people with his money either.It must have cost a fortune to get a peasants outfit that doesn't smell of cattle.

Travelling angel may be young and foolish but he is fair and will learn so that this duchy shall grow stronger. Would you entrust it to the weak fool that is raiser blade?

Haruki-kun
2007-09-05, 09:04 AM
I am willing to help Traveling Angel, but not if it gets my nobles to rebel on me. If it does, you're on your own, Traveling Angel.

For the time being, I'll Remain Neutral.

Lord Magtok
2007-09-05, 10:26 AM
I shall follow my duke and remain neutral.

GoC
2007-09-05, 10:27 AM
I am willing to help Traveling Angel, but not if it gets my nobles to rebel on me. If it does, you're on your own, Traveling Angel.

For the time being, I'll Remain Neutral.

I shall support you my duke, no matter which side you choose!

Exachix
2007-09-05, 10:32 AM
((For Final Verdict: See bottom))

From the Home of Noble Exachix Zephyr, a messenger comes to relay the decision reached by Noble of this crisis.

"Milords," he begins "my good noble, Exachix Zephyr II, if currently involved with some matters concerning our homeland, and he must absolutly resolve this issue prior to any other, engagements. Please accept his apology for not arriving in person."

He takes a pause, and continues. "This matter, he has decided, does not at this time warrant his concern. Justice, if it needs to be, will be served by the regarding party. The matter in hand requires the total attention of the men and women in his lands, and so he is unable to reroute a suitable task force to assist with your problem.

"He apologizes for this also, and wishes that no hostilities come about for this response. He also asked me to remind you that he is still a loyal servant of both his Duke and King, and that the rumors concerning his status as a Vampire and a Thief have no basis in fact."

"Fare Well My Lords."

With that the man bows and leaves.

Exachix remains Neutral, for the time being

I'm da Rogue!
2007-09-05, 10:53 AM
Our good KFC stated he's against the rebellion, for now.
But my duke Calamity said he'll join.:smallconfused:
I'll follow my Duke and join the rebellion.

DarkCorax
2007-09-05, 11:13 AM
I don't know what you are complaining about, I haven't even got any money :smallyuk:.

I'm going to remain Neutral for the time being.

Pwenet
2007-09-05, 11:54 AM
A servant runs up, and puts the following results of the votes up for all to see.

King: Fleeing Coward: Against the Traveling_Angel Rebellion

Duke: Almighty Salmon:Pro Traveling_Angel Rebellion
Noble: Fualkner Asiniti: No Vote Yet
Noble: PirateMonk: No Vote Yet
Noble: Moff Chumley: No Vote Yet
Noble: detrevnisisiht: No Vote Yet
Noble: Exachix:Neutral for Traveling_Angel

Duke: Calamity: Pro Traveling_Angel Rebellion
Noble: Artemis97: No Vote Yet
Noble: Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins: Pro Traveling_Angel Rebellion
Noble: I'm Da Rogue!: Pro Traveling_Angel Rebellion
Noble: nathkry: Pro Traveling_Angel Rebellion
Noble: HyramGraff: No Vote Yet

Duke: Haruki-Kun: Neutral for Traveling_Angel
Noble: Jontom Xire: Pro Traveling_Angel Rebellion
Noble: Therade: No Vote Yet
Noble: GoC: Neutral for Traveling_Angel
Noble: Lord Magtok: Neutral for Traveling_Angel
Noble: Heretic: Pro Traveling_Angel Rebellion

Duke: Pastafarian
Noble: Neodan282: Pro Traveling_Angel Rebellion
Noble: DarkCorax: Neutral for Traveling_Angel
Noble: Flying Elephant: No Vote Yet
Noble: Psionic Dog: No Vote Yet
Noble: wadledo:Pro Traveling_Angel Rebellion

Duke: Traveling_Angel: Against the Traveling_Angel Rebellion
Noble: Raiser_B1ade: Pro Traveling_Angel Rebellion
Noble: Stu42: Against the Traveling_Angel Rebellion
Noble: Khaldan: Pro Traveling_Angel Rebellion
Noble: Pwenet: Pro Traveling_Angel Rebellion
Noble: purple gelatinous cube o' Doom: Pro Traveling_Angel Rebellion

wadledo
2007-09-05, 11:56 AM
I remain slightly orange and Neutral until some one give me a tuba.

Castaras
2007-09-05, 11:58 AM
You guys have about three hours to give out your final bribes, blackmail, and decide who you're supporting.

Pwenet
2007-09-05, 12:01 PM
I remain slightly orange and Neutral until some one give me a tuba.

Hands Wadledo a Roman Tuba (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_tuba) in hopes that is what he is looking for to switch his vote.

wadledo
2007-09-05, 12:15 PM
Hands Wadledo a Roman Tuba (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_tuba) in hopes that is what he is looking for to switch his vote.

TUBA! TUBA! TUBA!
I support the rebellion with my new band, the Helpusthismaniacisforcingustoplayinthisbandonpaino fbeingimpaledongaintstakes!
I don't get the name but that's what you get from commoners, no?

Raiser Blade
2007-09-05, 12:28 PM
Sorry to everyone who tried to send me a message and couldn't. I made some space in my inbox.

DarkCorax
2007-09-05, 01:02 PM
I am going to change and bring myself in to Support the Rebellion against Traveling_Angel.

Also a question:
Can there be multiple rebellions in one turn, the rules don't seem to specify, but I may have missed something...

Castaras
2007-09-05, 01:03 PM
Also a question:
Can there be multiple rebellions in one turn, the rules don't seem to specify, but I may have missed something...

Yes, there can.

Pastafarian
2007-09-05, 01:08 PM
After praying to the Flying Spaghetti Monster for guidance, he has revealed to me that all his servants should support Traveling Angel against the rebellion, as he has been just in his distribution and piously eats pasta every Friday. I urge my loyal earls, counts, barons, and viscounts to do the same.

wadledo
2007-09-05, 01:12 PM
Supporting Traveling angel?
or the rebellion?

If you could make your choice ether Green(With TA) or Blue(Neutral) or Red(Against TA) that would be helpful.

Artemis97
2007-09-05, 01:15 PM
I shall follow where good Duke Calamity leads and support the Rebellion against Duke Traveling Angel.

Pastafarian
2007-09-05, 01:27 PM
Supporting Traveling angel?
or the rebellion?

If you could make your choice ether Green(With TA) or Blue(Neutral) or Red(Against TA) that would be helpful.
I changed the color, although if you actually read it you would see the words "against the rebellion..."

I have recently received reports that Baron Pwenet recently took two gold that would have been spent to build an orphanage in his lands and instead spent them on three actors and a crew of make-up specialists to back up his traitorous grandstanding against the good duke TA. In addition, I invite all nobles and dukes not actively supporting this treasonous revolt over to my castle for a nice spaghetti dinner.

Exachix
2007-09-05, 01:37 PM
In addition, I invite all nobles and dukes not actively supporting this treasonous revolt over to my castle for a nice spaghetti dinner.

The Messanger comes again, this time to Pastafarian only.

"The Good Noble Exachix, on the account that it would not fulfill his dietary requirements, refuses this offer, apoligizing.

The Messanger bows and returns to Exachix's lands.

Studoku
2007-09-05, 02:32 PM
I'm going to be a coward and side with the majority to avoid pissing people off stick with travelling angels team, despite the potential lynching.:smalleek:

Raiser Blade
2007-09-05, 02:40 PM
If you change your vote Stu42 i will act like nothing happened. I would like to count you on my list of allies.

Studoku
2007-09-05, 02:46 PM
If you change your vote Stu42 i will act like nothing happened. I would like to count you on my list of allies.
If I couldn't see the results, I'd say you still think you could lose.

I'm still staying with my team though.

I'm going to be a coward
I've just noticed the irony in this. King Fleeing Coward is one of the few who are against the rebellion.

I have recently received reports that Baron Pwenet recently took two gold that would have been spent to build an orphanage in his lands and instead spent them on three actors and a crew of make-up specialists to back up his traitorous grandstanding against the good duke TA. In addition, I invite all nobles and dukes not actively supporting this treasonous revolt over to my castle for a nice spaghetti dinner.
Nice, we can form a pastafarian alliance.:smallsmile:

Pwenet
2007-09-05, 02:57 PM
If I couldn't see the results, I'd say you still think you could lose.

We have 14 people pro-revolution, and 3 against the revolution.

Fleeing Coward has a power of 10.

Let's assume that you and the other anti-revolution people have a power of 10.

Total anti-revolution power = 30.

We just need to have a average of all the revolution people to have a power of 3. Each. To win. Heck, all but one person could have a power of 2 and one with a power of 5 and we still would have a victory.

So yes - Odds are VERY good of the revolution succeeding.

Castaras
2007-09-05, 02:59 PM
A lone Trogdor stood among the peasants, stepping up onto a stone podium.

“Friends! Countrymen! Salmon! I have come today to tell you all of the evils that the scoundrel, Traveling_Angel, has brought upon us! He hoards all his money for himself, and never gives the nobles any! I promise, if you join me in this rebellion against him, then I shall pay you much more! More than you could possibly imagine! So join me brothers(and sisters)! Join me!”

At that moment in time, most laughed at him. But a few fellow nobles, disgruntled at the fact of not having any money to feed their families with, joined him, calling upon their peasants to pick up their pitchforks and ploughs, and get ready to go to war. Among these were the Wordy Pwenet, who struck up a great campaign speech; The mighty Heretic, and his army of Gladiators; The small, yet cunning Khaldan and his Kobold Knights; and the cube of Purple Gelatinousness, with his army of Doom. As the banner rode towards the castle of Duke Traveling_Angel, more flocked to join the banner – Including, but not limited to the mighty Lord Fullbladder, the devious Jontom Xire, the quiet, yet deadly nathkry, and the other Kobold of the kingdom, Neodan282.

But not everyone agreed with the Trogdor, Raiser_B1ade. Many of the nobles and dukes decided to sit back in their thrones of gold, watching and waiting. Many like Duke Haruki-kun, Lord Magtok, Noble GoC, and Noble Exachix would have rather waited it out, coming in as the battle finished. Even the stealthly I’m Da Rogue wouldn’t join the rebels, until paid a generous sum by one of the rebel leaders. And so the armies did meet. But the Rebellion weren’t fighting only the weak forces of Traveling_Angel. The Sushi King, Fleeing Coward, sent his royal guard to aid the trembling Traveling_Angel, as did the loyal Stu42.Yet the Rebellion’s army was the larger by far, and with the addition of Duke Calamity the Red, Duke Salmon the Almighty, Noble Artemis97 of the Town, and the playful Noble wadledo and his Tuba coming, their armies in tow, only solidified the position of the Rebels, and their mighty legions attacked. Despite the forces of the Spaghettified Duke Pastafarian coming to join the fellow Duke Traveling_Angel, they were indeed outnumbered.

Realising this, Traveling_Angel drew his dagger, nodding to his personal guard. When Raiser_B1ade and his fellow Rebels rushed in, they found a dying Angel, chuckling as his angelic lifeforce trickled out of him, little by little. With agonisingly slow speed, the Traveling Angel collapsed, dead. No more would he travel in this world…

Satisfied that the job had been done, Raiser_B1ade stood up, turning to smile at the crowd.

I promise that I will treat my nobles fairly, and will pay them more than I pay myself.

With these words, much rejoicing was heard among the rebels, and thus, the first year in the reign of his highness KFC passed.

(( Summary:-
Who supported who(Stolen from Pwenet):

King: Fleeing Coward: Against the Traveling_Angel Rebellion

Duke: Almighty Salmon:Pro Traveling_Angel Rebellion
Noble: Fualkner Asiniti: No Vote Yet
Noble: PirateMonk: No Vote Yet
Noble: Moff Chumley: No Vote Yet
Noble: detrevnisisiht: No Vote Yet
Noble: Exachix:Neutral for Traveling_Angel

Duke: Calamity: Pro Traveling_Angel Rebellion
Noble: Artemis97: Pro Traveling_Angel Rebellion
Noble: Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins: Pro Traveling_Angel Rebellion
Noble: I'm Da Rogue!: Pro Traveling_Angel Rebellion
Noble: nathkry: Pro Traveling_Angel Rebellion
Noble: HyramGraff: No Vote Yet

Duke: Haruki-Kun: Neutral for Traveling_Angel
Noble: Jontom Xire: Pro Traveling_Angel Rebellion
Noble: Therade: No Vote Yet
Noble: GoC: Neutral for Traveling_Angel
Noble: Lord Magtok: Neutral for Traveling_Angel
Noble: Heretic: Pro Traveling_Angel Rebellion

Duke: Pastafarian: Against the Traveling_Angel Rebellion
Noble: Neodan282: Pro Traveling_Angel Rebellion
Noble: DarkCorax: Neutral for Traveling_Angel
Noble: Flying Elephant: No Vote Yet
Noble: Psionic Dog: No Vote Yet
Noble: wadledo:Pro Traveling_Angel Rebellion

Duke: Traveling_Angel: Against the Traveling_Angel Rebellion
Noble: Raiser_B1ade: Pro Traveling_Angel Rebellion
Noble: Stu42: Against the Traveling_Angel Rebellion
Noble: Khaldan: Pro Traveling_Angel Rebellion
Noble: Pwenet: Pro Traveling_Angel Rebellion
Noble: purple gelatinous cube o' Doom: Pro Traveling_Angel Rebellion

The Rebels splatted Traveling_Angel, and Raiser_B1ade has become the new duke. Information and stuff will be sent out, and then the King will have 24 hours to distribute his gold to all the nobles. ))

Raiser Blade
2007-09-05, 03:00 PM
"Thank you for giving me this noble appointment. I promise to be fair to my nobles."

Never the less the odds are stll in our favor

:smallbiggrin:

Exachix
2007-09-05, 03:02 PM
The Minor army from Exachix's homeland returns as swiftly as it came.

Pwenet
2007-09-05, 03:05 PM
"Thank you for giving me this noble appointment. I promise to be fair to my nobles."

Never the less the odds are stll in our favor

:smallbiggrin:

Pwenet smiles as his armies return to their homes, to their families, satisfied that things will improve for them.

detrevnisisiht
2007-09-05, 03:46 PM
woe is me, for my mesengers traveled to slow and the war was over before i knew that it had taken place,but know that i would have fought alongside my lord almighty to the death

GoC
2007-09-05, 04:52 PM
woe is me, for my mesengers traveled to slow and the war was over before i knew that it had taken place,but know that i would have fought alongside my lord almighty to the death

Smooth move, siding against the people who have already won.:smallamused:

heretic
2007-09-05, 05:24 PM
"FREEEEEEEDOOOOOM!!!" heretic roars from atop a boulder at the end of the battle.

A hearty cheer and rattling of spears reponds as the Gladiators retire to their lands.

"Tread carefully, tyrants of this world...for we will gladly usher you into the next!"

Flying Elephant
2007-09-05, 05:38 PM
A celestial elephant places posters all through the lands. "Need support? Hire Flying Elephant! Attempting to regain his losses from the menace that are the lawyers, (If you put all the lawyers in the world head to toe along the equator, the world would be a better place) he has begun offering all time low mercenary fees!

Vs. Noble: 1
Vs. Duke: 2
Vs. King: 3

He must be payed in advance. No hassle, no negotiations, just send the cash and he will help!"

Traveling_Angel
2007-09-05, 05:43 PM
Oh well, it was fun anyways. Goodbye, and I'll look for number three!

heretic
2007-09-05, 05:49 PM
A celestial elephant places posters all through the lands. "Need support? Hire Flying Elephant! Attempting to regain his losses from the menace that are the lawyers, (If you put all the lawyers in the world head to toe along the equator, the world would be a better place) he has begun offering all time low mercenary fees!

He must be payed in advance. No hassle, no negotiations, just send the cash and he will help!"

So you've quantified the exact cost of Treason? :smallbiggrin: Three gold...heh. I would require at least double that

Raiser Blade
2007-09-05, 05:51 PM
Nothing personal Traveling_Angel and i look foward to killing you soon playing with you again. Hopefully on different terms though.:smallwink:

Moff Chumley
2007-09-05, 05:51 PM
A flush can be heard throughout Chumley Manor, as the Noble Moff returns from the Little Officers Room. "So, what I miss?"

((Salmon, I'm sorry I couldn't recieve your PM, if you'd like to tell me how much money I recieved, go ahaid, if not keep it and give it to me later. Sorry.:smallfrown: ))

Almighty Salmon
2007-09-05, 05:56 PM
(I still can't send pms to you by the way, But i guess theres no harm in telling you here. You recieved 4 gold.)

Neodan282
2007-09-05, 06:14 PM
The other Kobold, Neodan282, waited in his keep for his pay.

(Pasta 'forgot' to pay me.)

nathkry
2007-09-05, 06:16 PM

Is it even possible to hold a rebellion against a noble? Or would the listed noble price be for something such as TA's case (or previous one) to side with him against the primary instigator (who was a noble).

heretic
2007-09-05, 06:18 PM
I think that price is listed if you are the target of a noble-spawned rebellion.

Moff Chumley
2007-09-05, 06:50 PM
That's fine, Salmon. Thank you.

Alas, in the land of A Name involving either/or Almighty Salmon, all is not well. The king is paying a meager budget to the land of Fish, and the good Duke has no choice but to pay his nobles correspondingly small amounts... A rebbelion doesn't seem far-fetched...

detrevnisisiht
2007-09-05, 06:59 PM
You dare speak so wrongly of our Almighty lord in the presence of those still loyal to him

Moff Chumley
2007-09-05, 07:22 PM
What did you get paid?

Also, let's asume I didn't actually say that...

detrevnisisiht
2007-09-05, 07:24 PM
got paid 4

so if he got paid 25 gold than that 4 for the nobles and 5 for him
that doesn't seam to unreasonable

Fleeing Coward
2007-09-05, 07:36 PM
Duke Salmon only got paid 25gc last round but due to unstability in the realms now ruled by Duke Raiser_Blade, all duchies should expect a slight rise in their income while Duke Raiser_Blade will be penalised as his rebellion has caused a decrease in the overall economic activity for the kingdom.

wadledo
2007-09-05, 07:41 PM
Is the gold actually worth anything?
I still don't get that.
We cannot do anything except trade it and use it as a point of friction, correct?

Therarde
2007-09-05, 07:56 PM
I'm pretty sure you win if you have the most gold at the end of the game. Other than that, no.

heretic
2007-09-05, 07:57 PM
You win. Blah blah message length.

GoC
2007-09-05, 08:00 PM
Duke Salmon only got paid 25gc last round but due to unstability in the realms now ruled by Duke Raiser_Blade, all duchies should expect a slight rise in their income while Duke Raiser_Blade will be penalised as his rebellion has caused a decrease in the overall economic activity for the kingdom.

How very subtle.:smalltongue:
The two unhappy duchies with won't be able to outbid (and thus overpower) you but try not to alienate anyone else, ok?:smallbiggrin:

- GoC, political comentator

Raiser Blade
2007-09-05, 08:01 PM

How have i done this. If i didn't know any better i would say you are just trying to incite a riot against me by giving me less gold.

heretic
2007-09-05, 08:07 PM
Don't expect us to come to your aid--your lack of gold means our abundance!!

Moff Chumley
2007-09-05, 08:14 PM
I agree. You incited the revolution, you deal with it!

Long live Duke Riaser_B1ade.

Fleeing Coward
2007-09-05, 08:16 PM
How have i done this. If i didn't know any better i would say you are just trying to incite a riot against me by giving me less gold.

No idea, all we know is that the crown has less gold to distribute than last time so we'll attribute it to your war mongering ways. Combine that with a significant weakening in your duchy's power and the lesser amount of nobles you have to distribute the gold among, we've decided to reduce your payment to increase the payments of the other duchies.
For the record, Duke Salmon has received the greatest increase but that's just to retroactively compensate for the previous payment as the crown admits that personal bias had affected that payment.

Pwenet
2007-09-05, 08:19 PM
No idea, all we know is that the crown has less gold to distribute than last time so we'll attribute it to your war mongering ways. Combine that with a significant weakening in your duchy's power and the lesser amount of nobles you have to distribute the gold among, we've decided to reduce your payment to increase the payments of the other duchies.
For the record, Duke Salmon has received the greatest increase but that's just to retroactively compensate for the previous payment as the crown admits that personal bias had affected that payment.

Sounds like another person bias case so that the king can line his pockets and other parts of his body at the cost of the little people, AGAIN. :smallconfused:

detrevnisisiht
2007-09-05, 08:36 PM
i have to ask is it possible to attack a duke other than the one that pays you in an attempt to become a duke without upstaging your own

Fleeing Coward
2007-09-05, 08:40 PM
Sounds like another person bias case so that the king can line his pockets and other parts of his body at the cost of the little people, AGAIN. :smallconfused:

Considering that your lands has been greatly weakened by the events and the crown has received less gold than previously, the crown has been generous even giving Raiser_Blade 25gc this time.
For the record, due to the fact that the crown has increased the payments overall and the decrease in actualy income, the crown has kept for itself alot less than is probably wise in case of another rebellion.

Haruki-kun
2007-09-05, 09:03 PM
(( To my nobles. I probably won't distribute this round's gold until later on account of two things:

A: I'm not sure how to distribute it this time.

B: I have an exam tomorrow that I'd really like to pass.

Please try to avoid rebelling on me before distributing anything... or before I notice the rebelion. Thank you.))

GoC
2007-09-05, 09:28 PM
i have to ask is it possible to attack a duke other than the one that pays you in an attempt to become a duke without upstaging your own

That'd be cool. (and really chaotic, with several attacks per round)
But I don't think you can.

Haruki-kun: *cackles and rubs hands together evilly*:smallamused:

heretic
2007-09-05, 09:43 PM
"Long live Duke Haruki! Long live King FC! Long live me!"

*stops waiting for messanger from Haruki*

Neodan282
2007-09-05, 09:54 PM
I got paid 0 Gold, and it seems that some of my fellow nobles wern't paid ether.

heretic
2007-09-05, 09:59 PM
Are you sure? Or have you just not received the PM yet?

Neodan282
2007-09-05, 10:01 PM
Pasta has sent no PMs.

heretic
2007-09-05, 10:05 PM
Then wait...he's probably just inactive.

Psionic Dog
2007-09-05, 10:07 PM
Oh we are very very sure about our paychecks. :smallannoyed:

Remember Pastafran's pasta festival? That was paid by our non-existant wages. :smallfurious:

Now, he hasn't logged in so I can wait for now, I just hope he isn't too attached to that gold because the interest his disgruntled faithful Nobles are charging on the backpay is compounding hourly...:smallamused:

Fleeing Coward
2007-09-05, 11:18 PM
Your duke should be paying you shortly, I sent messengers to my loyal scribe as well as a summary of the all payments to each of the individual dukes just in case earlier this morning.

Jontom Xire
2007-09-06, 01:53 AM
If your duke hasn't paid any of you you should definitely rebel. All games have dropouts. The longer you wait the worse it is. Similarly Dukes should be on the lookout for inactive nobles and stop paying them. If they're not going to play they don't deserve gold.

DarkCorax
2007-09-06, 04:53 AM
He's playing and (relatively) active he just didn't pay us anything :smallannoyed:.

Fleeing Coward
2007-09-06, 07:05 AM
Is that day 1 wages or day 2? Day 2 wages was only distributed out by me this morning after I woke up (about 12 hours ago)

HyramGraff
2007-09-06, 07:33 AM
HyramGraff thanks Duke Calamity for his generous portions.

((OOC: I won't be on to support any side of any rebellions until tommorow.))

Psionic Dog
2007-09-06, 09:19 AM
WEEKLY BARK EXTRA
Delivering Headline news to your doorstep

PSIONIC DOG DECLARES REVOLT AGAINST PASTAFARIAN
—Psionic Dog confronted the peasant lynch mob that had assembled before him this morning and with stunning eloquence addressed them.
—"Blame me not citizens and slaves for the misfortunes that surround us, for it is the despicable Pastafarian how has hoarded the kings moneys and denied us a share. It is he who has shown no mercy to our misfortunes, nay, he has heaped hardship upon us, declaring pasta the only food that may be eaten when it is our wheat that is ruined. Let the record show that we have given our Duke every opportunity to correct his actions. Other provinces have revolted over far less. For 2 years now I have maintained my lands at personal expense, but you deserve more than I could ever provide, you deserver a share of the king's gold! If our Duke will not give it to us, let us take it by force!"
—So moving was his speech that the mob not only relented, but volluntered to a man to follow him in his revolution aginst the corrupt Duke. Within an hour the murderous rabble was transformed into a volunteer army united in purpose. The Noble ended his speech with an appeal to both his fellow nobles and the royal Crown and Dukes: "Help us, Sirs, end our oppression. Send you finest soldiers we ask, for while we are strong in bravery and valor we lack the arms and training needed to overthrough the negligent Duke ourselves.

STARVING MOBS MARCH FOR PASTA
—Yesterday an unorganized starving mob from the blight stricken Psilands marched on the Duke's palace demanding food. As the peasants beat on the gates chanting "Give us bread! Give us bread!" the bloated Pastafarian is reported to have told his aids "What is their problem? Why would they want bread when my royal decree has stated they may eat all the pasta they want?" When the mob began throughing stones, he had his royal guard drive them off. When asked if he felt any remose for the deaths of 14 of the commoners, he laughed and said "Why? No one will miss them."

RAISER_B1ADE APPOINTED DUKE
—Backed by popular support the Noble Raiser_B1ade has risen in rank to replace the late Traveling_Angel. It is reported that despite the recent celebrations, moral has improved so much that productivity has actually increased in his lands. In desent days portrates of he and his revolutionary Nobles have become so valuable as to be accepted forms of collateral against debts.

Is your life story worth telling? For a small fee you too can have our corruptible reporters write a special propaganda statement just for you!

Did we mis-quote an event? For a few gold to cover print now get a revised accurate addition printed.

King, Dukes, Nobles, and citizans: the greedy Pastafran has failed to pay his nobles, not even once. No longer will we work the Kings lands while he collects the rewards, join us in our revolt!

Flying Elephant
2007-09-06, 10:23 AM
So you've quantified the exact cost of Treason? :smallbiggrin: Three gold...heh. I would require at least double that

He can only kill one person: Why kill me instead of my employer? And if he wanted my help, he could pay me more than the other person did. No risk, moderate rewards.

DarkCorax
2007-09-06, 10:28 AM
I Join the rebellion against Pastafarian, "we haven't recieved anything, we demand justice!"

Raiser Blade
2007-09-06, 10:30 AM
Raiser_B1ade comes to the aid of Psionic Dog.

He also urges his allies and his dukes to join with him.

Exachix
2007-09-06, 10:48 AM
The Emissary from the Lands of Noble Exachix arrives at the site of the Rebellion Headquarters to deliver his Noble's verdict on the issue at hand.

"Milords, I bear greetings and news from our home, and Exachix. He says this:
"Greetings! I wish that thee are well. Matters of state mean my visit would be dangerous and highly dangerous, however, my messenger works in my stead.

I have looked and decided that Pastafarian is a cruel and evil Duke! Such a person should be removed from power. I wish to join you in this rebellion and assist the removal of such a person from a position of power. I hope my forces can assist.

We have begun mobilization, and as such, the cavalry, engineers and bowmen of our land will assist you in this endeavor.

The Noble Exachix."

As such I have been commanded to send runners back with news. If it pleases thee I shall remain here to keep my Noble abreast with news.

The Emissary bows.

Exachix Joins Against Pastafarian

Pwenet
2007-09-06, 11:32 AM
A messenger from the lands that Noble Pwenet oversees makes his way towards the site of the Rebellion Headquarters. In his hands he carries a rolled up scroll, that upon entering, he unrolls and starts reading from it.

”Noble Psionic Dog, my lord, the Noble Pwenet, regrets being unable to attend personally. Having just recently underwent our own Rebellion, he is focused on using the improved resources that would have been sent to the Former Duke Traveling Angel Harem and other resources contributing to a extravagant lifestyle to better serve the small folk and to rebuild our infrastructure. Already we have had a record year with crops, with construction, with our economy. As such, he has sent me in his stead to provide the official word as to the judgment on your rebellion.

He notes that you did not side with us during our Rebellion, which saddened him. However you did not side with the Former Duke Traveling Angel, which was satisfactory. He understands that to aid a rebellion, so soon after the death of the Queen, along with your current hardships, may have been too much. As such, he holds neither grudge against you nor your fellow Nobles who decided to remain neutral.

Having just fought a rebellion to secure better income for his small folk, he would be remise if he did not aid in the rebellion of one in a worse situation. By far, the indulgences of the Crazed Duke Pastafarian MUST be stopped. His actions will only bring ruin to these lands. Plus the Noble Pwenet admits that the fact that Crazed Duke Pastafarian sided against our Rebellion, and as such holds no bounds of loyalty towards him.

In summary, the lands and armies of Noble Pwenet are ready, willing and able to contribute to your Rebellion. Already we have caravans en-route loaded with meats, fish, milk, ale, bread and other grain products, along with seasonings and other food items to strengthen your forces, escorted by our army, who is more than eager to help liberate another land from the grasp of a power-crazed Duke.

May fortune smile upon us.

The messenger rolls the scroll back up and bows respectfully.

Noble Pwenet SUPPORTS the REBELLION against Duke Pastafarian.

Castaras
2007-09-06, 11:39 AM
Okay, first of all, a big Thank You to those of you who pmed their nobles/dukes themselves, as well as telling me who you gave gold to. It really helped your poor little narrator.

Secondly, A Rebellion Has Been Declared against Pastafarian! Please say whether you're going to Support the Rebellion, Support the Duke Pastafarian, or Stay Neutral.

Tormsskull
2007-09-06, 12:45 PM
Okay, first of all, a big Thank You to those of you who pmed their nobles/dukes themselves, as well as telling me who you gave gold to. It really helped your poor little narrator.

((Yeah. The narrator needs as much help as they can get in this game. By the way, you are doing an awesome job Castaras, as well as all the players. I have really enjoyed reading the way the game has unfolded thus far.

Castaras, if you aren't completely burnt out and hating Ultimate Greed by the end of this version, I hope you run another so I can play :smallsmile: ))

Exachix
2007-09-06, 12:46 PM
((If she doesn't narrate another I may have to do it instead =D.))

Almighty Salmon
2007-09-06, 01:23 PM
Already we have caravans en-route loaded with meats, fish, milk, ale, bread and other grain products, along with seasonings and other food items to strengthen your forces.

I'm watching you Pwenet :smallconfused:

Never the less..

Duke Salmon supports the Rebellion against Pastafarian.

(Yeah, i sent a pm to my nobles telling them how much they got. Except Moff Chumley. Who i still can't send pms to.)

Pwenet
2007-09-06, 01:27 PM
I'm watching you Pwenet :smallconfused:

Never the less..

Duke Salmon supports the Rebellion against Pastafarian.

(Yeah, i sent a pm to my nobles telling them how much they got. Except Moff Chumley. Who i still can't send pms to.)

A messenger arrives at the lands of the Duke Almighty Salmon.

"Honored duke. My lord, Noble Pwenet, wishes to assure you that the fish we have donated are not of the Salmon variety. In fact we have the strictest laws about fishing for Salmon in our territory. I hope that us fishing for other types of marine life will not have a negative impact on the current diplomatic situation.

Almighty Salmon
2007-09-06, 01:33 PM
"Honored duke. My lord, Noble Pwenet, wishes to assure you that the fish we have donated are not of the Salmon variety. In fact we have the strictest laws about fishing for Salmon in our territory. I hope that us fishing for other types of marine life will not have a negative impact on the current diplomatic situation.

"No no, just Salmon. I don't really care about that others. Trout, Cod, Jellyfish, Sharks.. Trout. You can have them all. Just no Salmon. Give my best wishes to your Noble. Ta ta.

Guards escort the kind messenger out."

2007-09-06, 01:42 PM
"Ah, just the push I need. I wonder, will this require an arms race? You may count on me, O mighty Psionic Dog."

A chuckling Fullbladder supports the Rebellion against Pastafarian, sending a few peasants and guardsmen to aid the growing numbers.

"I certaintly hope my everlasting loyalty in this endevour will be remembered by those who reap the benefits."

Pwenet
2007-09-06, 01:46 PM
"No no, just Salmon. I don't really care about that others. Trout, Cod, Jellyfish, Sharks.. Trout. You can have them all. Just no Salmon. Give my best wishes to your Noble. Ta ta.

Guards escort the kind messenger out."

The messenger bows.

"Thank you for your kind reply. May you have the best of luck with the current events."

The messenger then allows himself to be escorted out, upon which he returns to Noble Pwenets lands.

GoC
2007-09-06, 01:50 PM
*supports the rebellion against the pasta*

As long as the pastafarian keeps his word...

Calamity
2007-09-06, 01:59 PM
I support the rebellion against Pastafarian, unless he gives a darn good explanation about not paying his nobles.

Studoku
2007-09-06, 03:07 PM
An envoy arrives at the rebellion camp which has now grown into a small town.
"I represent Lord Stu XLII who has unfortunately been confined to his manor by illness. He acknowledges that Pastafarian was an ally of his during the rebellion and a fellow worshipper of The Flying Spaghetti Monster. However, a duke that refuses to pay his nobles does not deserve to live.

Lord Stu XLII hereby declares his support for the rebellion against pastafarian.He may reconsider if pasta has a good reason." Pasta is paying his nobles so I'm no longer supporting the rebels.

I'm da Rogue!
2007-09-06, 03:25 PM
The messangers of my dear duke Calamity arrived some minutes ago, telling me the latest news and telling me he will join the rebellion.

Pastafarian should've paid his nobles already. I will follow my duke's commands, as I did before. So,

Da Rogue joins the rebellion against duke Pastafarian.

Pastafarian
2007-09-06, 03:47 PM
The Duke Pastafarian, behind a large, heavily armed platoon of bodyguards, comes out to give a speech to the crazed mob.

I apologize for the recent inconsistencies in the gold handouts in my duchy. I recently discovered that a high official in my accounting division had been embezzling gold that was to be sent to my *ahem* loyal nobles. The necessary reorganization caused by the execution of this official has delayed this year's gold handouts. To show my good faith, I will give out all the gold I have received this year from our good king KFC to my nobles. In addition, I would like to state that should you choose to continue this uprising despite my generosity, I will accept my fate with dignity and laugh at you while I'm in Heaven enjoying the Stripper Factory and Beer Volcano.

Opposes the rebellion.

((Sorry about the gold- I must have missed someone last turn, and I needed to get some sleep and go to school today. Gold should be arriving shortly. Finally, wow, people, please do allow time for real life. Wait until it is actually to late for you to get paid before rebelling.)))

GoC
2007-09-06, 04:18 PM
Pastafarian: Very well. Make sure you keep that promise.

Opposes the rebellion.

Studoku
2007-09-06, 04:36 PM
A second envoy arrives at the rebel camp.

"My lord Stu XLII has announced that duke Pastafarian's recent payment to has nobles leaves no reason for a rebellion. Stu XLII is now Neutral to the rebellion and hopes that Psionic Dog agrees the rebellion is uncessary."

I've changed my mind- the rebellion is completely unecessary and I'm going to support pastafarian. I hope others will do the same.

I hate these Pastagate shenanigans. When I get proof of what really happened in round 1, I'm taking sides.

Flying Elephant
2007-09-06, 04:40 PM
Pasta has sent no PMs.

I give Flying Elephant 6 gold.

I got gold.

2007-09-06, 04:50 PM
I have no reason to support the rebellion against Pasta. But, I've got no reason not to at the moment either. Stu seems very trusting of our dear duke being rebelled against. He has said a mistake was made, but until I get proof of that, I won't trust Pastafarian. You shouldn't either Stu, Pasta may be trying to mislead you. All this being said, I will remain neutral for the moment until someone can confirm Pastafarian's claims.

Pastafarian
2007-09-06, 04:54 PM
I have a rules question. If a rebellion fails, does the duke or king need to execute someone, or can they be merciful to maintain their goodwill/power structure? Also, once a rebellion is declared, can the instigator back out?

EDIT: To the gelatinous cube, I can give no guarantee beyond the testimony of my nobles. Flying Elephant has already declared that I have kept my promise, and any who deny it are lying to further their own ambitions.

Studoku
2007-09-06, 04:57 PM
I have no reason to support the rebellion against Pasta. But, I've got no reason not to at the moment either. Stu seems very trusting of our dear duke being rebelled against. He has said a mistake was made, but until I get proof of that, I won't trust Pastafarian. You shouldn't either Stu, Pasta may be trying to mislead you. All this being said, I will remain neutral for the moment until someone can confirm Pastafarian's claims.

I got gold.

I consider this to be proof.

detrevnisisiht
2007-09-06, 04:58 PM
i shall follow my lord almighty and fight the greedy duke

Psionic Dog
2007-09-06, 05:04 PM
A second envoy arrives at the rebel camp.

"My lord Stu XLII has announced that duke Pastafarian's recent payment to has nobles leaves no reason for a rebellion. Stu XLII is now Neutral to the rebellion and hopes that Psionic Dog agrees the rebellion is uncessary."

My appology if I wasn't blunt enought, but I have been feeding Pastafran a number of reminders. From "Please Pay Me" to "Your Noble lives in a shack with starving peasants and you haven't done a thing." I would assume my fellow nobles have done likewise. In the future I shall explicetly state "Pay me or I'll rebel" to prevent confusion.

And the gold? Too little too late. So what if he gives all of this years gold? He still has all of last years. (Does 6-gold for them, 25 gold for me sound fair?)

Quote:

Pasta has sent no PMs.

Originally Posted by Pastafarnian in a PM
I give Flying Elephant 6 gold.
I got gold.

Yes, we just got our first gold 18 hours after Neodan282 publicly declared our plight!

As I said it is too little too late to put the genie back in the bottle.

Fleeing Coward
2007-09-06, 05:11 PM
So if I'm reading this right, the duke has has embezelled all the gold from the first shipment of gold and handed out 6 gold each from the second shipment?
If this be the case, the crown supports the rebellion against the greedy pastafarian.

Pastafarian
2007-09-06, 05:14 PM
Yes, we just got our first gold 18 hours after Neodan282 publicly declared our plight!
((Unlike my brother, I do not actually live on these forums. I spent 15 of those hours asleep or at school, and as for the rest, I do in fact have other things to do with my time. There's a reason the rules allow 72-96 hours for each turn.))

Fleeing Coward
2007-09-06, 05:19 PM
((Unlike my brother, I do not actually live on these forums. I spent 15 of those hours asleep or at school, and as for the rest, I do in fact have other things to do with my time. There's a reason the rules allow 72-96 hours for each turn.))

((That as may be the case, you have posted on the rebellion against Travelling Angel which was after the money for the first round was handed out. What is your excuse for not handing out the first shipment's money when you were actively posting?))

GoC
2007-09-06, 05:22 PM
Aaaaargh!
This is confusing...
Did he or did he not give out the gold from last round?
If not then will he give it out this round(along with this round's gold)?
If the answer to both is no then I support the rebellion again.

Pastafarian
2007-09-06, 05:27 PM
Aaaaargh!
This is confusing...
Did he or did he not give out the gold from last round?
If not then will he give it out this round(along with this round's gold)?
If the answer to both is no then I support the rebellion again.
I got distracted partway through handing out gold last turn, and forgot to get back to it. The deprived parties have been reimbursed, except for Psionic Dog, who I am pissed at, and will probably just use it to fund his rebellion anyway.

Studoku
2007-09-06, 05:31 PM
Damn, I'm so confused.

When I chose to support Pasta, I didn't know about the first round. If it is true that he kept all the gold for himself, I'm siding against him. If he shared the gold then I'm siding with him. I don't see a problem with late payments- that's why dukes get 24 hours but I do understand peoples annoyance at getting no gold at all in round 1.

Until there is some confirmation of what happened in round 1, I'm going back to being neutral. If proof is posted but I don't respond, adjust my vote accordingly.

nathkry
2007-09-06, 05:32 PM
((That as may be the case, you have posted on the rebellion against Travelling Angel which was after the money for the first round was handed out. What is your excuse for not handing out the first shipment's money when you were actively posting?))

Posting, pming, and decision-making take time. Like Pastafarian pointed out, some of us have a life outside of the internet. Yeah, it took a few days to get your money. You have it now. No big deal.

Nathkry joins Pastafarian to help silence the heretics who would prefer bread to the Flying Spaghetti Monster's holy pasta (a decision influenced partly by my meager payment (s) from my fink duke in relation to my fellow nobles).

How long until another rebellion?

Fleeing Coward
2007-09-06, 05:36 PM
(I'll revert to neutral for now until I hear the full story from Pastafarian's own nobles. How many actually received 2 shipments of gold?))

Can I rebel against myself? :smallbiggrin:

2007-09-06, 05:39 PM
I'll give ya two gold not to do what your thinking of doing, Nathkry. And by that I mean I'll pay you not to rebel against Calamity, if you agree to my terms.

Almighty Salmon
2007-09-06, 05:40 PM
Can I rebel against myself? :smallbiggrin:

Please, Feel Free!
Bwahahahahahahahaha!

In no way does this mean i want to rebel against you oh great king.

Moff Chumley
2007-09-06, 05:40 PM
As long as we have a bunch of people on the side of the rebbelion, I send my Dire Cavvy mountaid cavalry to aid the forces of Psionic Dog.

Yes, that means, I support the rebbelion.

Salmon: I'm sorry, I'm working on it. Just bribe someone into rebbelion with it, okay?

nathkry
2007-09-06, 05:43 PM
I'll give ya two gold not to do what your thinking of doing, Nathkry. And by that I mean I'll pay you not to rebel against Calamity, if you agree to my terms.

And what would those terms be?

Almighty Salmon
2007-09-06, 05:44 PM
Salmon: I'm sorry, I'm working on it. Just bribe someone into rebbelion with it, okay?

So i keep the money that would have gone to you? :smallconfused:

Awesome.

Tell me when you've sorted the pm thing out and il give you the money.

Fleeing Coward
2007-09-06, 05:46 PM
Is that treason we hear Lord Moff? Perhaps a few nights in the torture chambers Royal Guest Suites will change your mind :smallamused:

heretic
2007-09-06, 05:47 PM
Until this confusion is figured out, I will side with the status quo and try and keep stability in the realm.

"Gladiators! Prepare for battle! We march this very night to flank the rebels who even now rally outside of Pastafarian's keep. Unless we receive gold evidence in definate favor of the rebellion, we shall oppose the rebellion with all of our might!"

Moff Chumley
2007-09-06, 05:51 PM
Treason? What Treason?
Bluff Check... Bluff Check...
Seriosly, though, what treason? :smallconfused:

2007-09-06, 05:52 PM
And what would those terms be?

I thought I made that clear. Don't rebel, and you get two (2) gold! Simple as that.

Neodan282
2007-09-06, 06:00 PM
Sigh... I now got 6 gold, but I don't wanna die so I Stay Neutral

Pastafarian
2007-09-06, 06:03 PM
Sigh... I now got 6 gold, but I don't wanna die so I Stay Neutral
The only ways you can even have a chance of dying are if someone rebels against you, which won't happen because you're a noble, or if you support a failed rebellion.

Fleeing Coward
2007-09-06, 06:03 PM

That sounds like treason against the crown to me, who else would Duke Salmon want to overthrow?

Almighty Salmon
2007-09-06, 06:05 PM
But my king, I am forever in your services! Never would i want to overthrow you my highness!
Blergh! Yeah Right!
I'm pretty sure Moff means against Pastafarian

nathkry
2007-09-06, 06:19 PM
I thought I made that clear. Don't rebel, and you get two (2) gold! Simple as that.

Oh. I thought that you were suggesting that there would be some outside conditions apart from not rebelling. In any case, I must graciously decline your poor wonderfully generous non-finkish offer at this time. This does not mean that I am rebelling at this time (due in part to my shaky computer access over the weekend), although I am not complying with your not-rebellious request.

Fleeing Coward
2007-09-06, 06:22 PM
Very well, Duke Salmon, you have served the kingdom well so far so the crown shall take your word for it.
Lord Seneschal, ensure that both Lord Moff and Duke Salmon suffer some unfortunate accident by dawn.
After consultation with one of Pastafarina's nobles on the distribution of payments, we have deemed that Duke Pastafarian has acted fairly in his distribution of gold, if any of his nobles that thinks otherwise can send a messenger my way.
The crown sides with Duke Pastafarian for now.

Haruki-kun
2007-09-06, 06:30 PM
I am not going to stand quietly and watch. I choose to support this rebllion.

WAIT!!!! Hold that thought!

Pastafarian
2007-09-06, 06:32 PM
Dammit, who's been bribing people to try to kill me? Psionic Dog couldn't afford it, as he only has six gold...

heretic
2007-09-06, 06:33 PM
"You hear that, noble warriors!? The might of the King marches behind us! Onward to glory, onward to riches, onward to justice!"

Fleeing Coward
2007-09-06, 06:38 PM
((Think it's more a matter of other duchies wanting to reduce your duchy's power with a successful rebellion. You certainly ain't been greedy with your gold but the result of the death of a duke usually means reduction in the power of the duchy which means more gold for them.))

Pastafarian
2007-09-06, 06:40 PM
((But if I win and execute Psionic Dog, then the power level of the duchy is on average reduced by the same amount.))

I had believed that merely paying the gold to the proper recipients I could convince the concerned public that I was doing all that could reasonably be expected to remedy the unfortunate consequences of bureaucratic corruption. Obviously, I was mistaken. Aside from a few virtuous exceptions, lead by the ironically brave and noble King Fleeing Coward, the aristocrats of this kingdom have shown themselves to be a load of greedy, power hungry mongrels. Given the need for some motivation beyond truth and justice, I promise to randomly divide eight gold pieces among my supporters.

Fleeing Coward
2007-09-06, 06:49 PM
((That may be the case, but if you win you might instead execute someone that happens to be from another duchy to keep your duchy's power intact and that's just a risk most of them don't want to take))

nathkry
2007-09-06, 06:55 PM
((That is true, and the other duchies will want to institute a new ruler who is more friendly to them, because it works out better for them than if they left one whom they may not be so warm and cozy with.))

Pastafarian
2007-09-06, 07:03 PM
((That is true, and the other duchies will want to institute a new ruler who is more friendly to them, because it works out better for them than if they left one whom they may not be so warm and cozy with.))
But I was warm and cozy with them, until they started trying to kill me.

Raiser Blade
2007-09-06, 07:04 PM
Not me. :smallannoyed:

:smallwink:

detrevnisisiht
2007-09-06, 07:04 PM
i have decided to side with the king and be Against the rebellion

Haruki-kun
2007-09-06, 07:15 PM
Quite a few people have told me that these nobles actually DID get paid! :smallmad:

I want to know the truth:

Who's lying here?

Duke! Did you or did you not pay your nobles?

Unless I get a clear answer to this question, I choose to REMAIN NEUTRAL.

((I did not want to remain neutral AGAIN, but I'd rather not participate than side with the wrong side.))

Almighty Salmon
2007-09-06, 07:19 PM
I have recieved news that will change my vote concerning this rebellion.. I will now Side With Pastafarian. Against the Rebellion.

Moff Chumley
2007-09-06, 07:28 PM
Whistles, walks around, smiles innocently...

Anyway, I withdraw my support from the rebelion, and does best to dispel talks of treason.

Ninjas abound...