PDA

View Full Version : Obtaining the Xanathar's Guide to Everything in-universe

Unoriginal
2018-03-19, 06:44 AM
Hi folks.

In ToA, it is possible to purchase Volo's Guide to Monsters, as written by Volo.

Would you say/find it funny that the Xanathar's Guide exists in-universe, too? Are the crime lord's minions knowledgeable about peculiar subclasses, traps, ways to spend your downtime and the like from reading their boss's memo?

IMO, I can see PCs searching the pockets of defeated goons and find things like "List of Stuff You Might Encounter In The Wild" or "3 Easy Forgery Tricks (And One Very Very Hard)"

xroads
2018-03-19, 10:21 AM
Hi folks.
Would you say/find it funny that the Xanathar's Guide exists in-universe, too? Are the crime lord's minions knowledgeable about peculiar subclasses, traps, ways to spend your downtime and the like from reading their boss's memo?

That sounds like it could be amusing. Would you have it grant an in-game bonus similar to what Volo's does? I can't remember what that bonus was at the top of my head. But I think it had something to do with identifying beasts. Perhaps Xanathar's can give players a similar bonus to identifying traps and/or spells?