PDA

View Full Version : Best common magic items for a 10th level sorcerer

gryffydd65
2018-03-19, 07:57 AM
Starting a new campaign and we get two common magic items, what should I pick for a Sorcerer as many of the common magic items seem to be armor.

Unoriginal
2018-03-19, 08:04 AM
Who is your Sorcerer? They're a person, not a class.

nickl_2000
2018-03-19, 08:11 AM
Common Items?

Well Ruby of the War mage is a solid choice for something useful. The other would be based on your character. The wand of smiles would be fun, as would the wand of pyrotechnics.

gryffydd65
2018-03-19, 08:12 AM
Halfling, sneaky, careful.

KorvinStarmast
2018-03-19, 08:15 AM
Starting a new campaign and we get two common magic items, what should I pick for a Sorcerer as many of the common magic items seem to be armor.
Are you sure you don't mean "uncommon magic items" in this case? Here are the common items:

Common Items
Potion of climbing
Potion of healing
Spell scroll (1st level)
Spell scroll (cantrip)
Uncommon items: lots of those. (See here (http://media.wizards.com/2014/downloads/dnd/MagicItemsRarity_printerfriendly.pdf)).

What would I suggest to your for a sorcerer? Hard to say, but I'd need to know what your campaign is like?
For a Generic Sorcerer at level 10, two uncommon items, I suggest:
I'd suggest a Cloak of Protection, +1 (Increases your saving throws and AC by one).
Wand of the War Mage +1 or Bag of Holding.

Bag of holding is very handy for a lot of reasons.
The wand boosts your attack spells.
Wand of the War Mage, +1, +2, or +3
Wand, uncommon (+1), rare (+2), or very rare (+3) (requires attunement by a spellcaster)

While holding this wand, you gain a bonus to spell attack rolls determined by the wand’s rarity. In addition, you ignore half cover when making a spell attack. The cloak and the wand would take attunement slots, and most sorcerer's have enough blasty power that the wand may not be what you want/need.

Alternately, I'd suggest this as the second item if you don't want a bag of holding, a pearl of power.
Wondrous item, uncommon (requires attunement by a spellcaster)

While this pearl is on your person, you can use an action to speak its command word and regain one expended spell slot. If the expended slot was of 4th level or higher, the new slot is 3rd level. Once you use the pearl, it can’t be used again until the next dawn. plenty of utility.