PDA

View Full Version : Player Help 3-hit passives?

SangoProduction
2018-03-19, 10:37 AM
So, in League of Legends, there's this thing called a "3-hit passive", which basically refers to any 'passive effect' that has markers applied on hit, and when those markers reach 3, the effect pops for a burst of damage. (The specific number doesn't matter much, as it's just a title, not a description.)

I wanted to see if I couldn't find a similar type of thing in D&D/Pathfinder.

The Rend ability works...and is actually emblematic of the 3-hit passive, though its reward for fulfilling its conditions is not too significant (basically an extra (auto-hit) attack for hitting 2 specific attacks).

Are there any other?

Zaq
2018-03-19, 11:39 AM
The Serene Guardian PrC in Shattered Gate of Slaughtergarde (pretty sure I spelled that right) is actually based around this. You build up “resonance” points in your opponents by doing 2 or more and then eventually 3 or more pings of damage to them in one round, and you can then spend your resonance points to make bad things happen to them.

There was a good Iron Chef round for it a while back.

Venger
2018-03-19, 11:48 AM
beat me to serene guardian. that was a fun round. here's a link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?502666-Iron-Chef-Optimisation-Challenge-in-the-Playground-LXXXI) if you wanted to check out ideas.

Necroticplague
2018-03-19, 12:19 PM
Champion of the Spheres has the Prodigy, who’s main ability centers around building a combo, and ending with a Finisher. Can be used to simulate the effect rather well, though it’s very open nature leaves a lot of possibilities available.

Psyren
2018-03-19, 02:18 PM
Pathfinder has a couple:

Jabbing Style = bonus damage when you land multiple hits
Boar Style = gives you a pseudo-rend called "tear flesh"
Vicious Stomp = bonus attack when enemy falls prone near you. Add Greater Trip for hilarity.
Medusa's Wrath = bonus attacks when you full-attack a stunned foe. Combine with Stunning Fist on the first swing.

Blu
2018-03-19, 02:29 PM
Might be a little stretch but Girallon Windmill Flesh Rip(Tiger claw 8 boost) gives you a rend that scales based on how many attacks you hit on your enemys, starting with 8d6 for two attacks and going 2d6 more for each attack, up to 20d6.
Only downside is that you have to be dual wielding.

darkdragoon
2018-03-19, 05:09 PM
Stormguard Warrior (sort of) Channel the storm or Combat Rhythm

Distant Horizon-Lasting Weak Spot

Fizban
2018-03-19, 08:42 PM
Most of the weapon style feats are dual wielding hit with both weapon=effect.

Thurbane
2018-03-19, 08:56 PM
Battle Magic Tactics feat (MMV p.84) sorta/kinda works like this?

Also, the Three Mountains style feat (CW p.114) has an effect that triggers after two hits in the same round...