PDA

View Full Version : M&M3E: Help modeling the ability to shape/heat/cool metal

Warlawk
2018-03-19, 11:28 PM
So our GM decided to switch an existing Heroes Unlimited game to M&M3E.

The main power of my character is Metal Manipulation. The core of that is the ability heat/cool/reshape metal by touch or at very short ranges. It's been a long while since I cracked my M&M books but I'm not having much luck finding a power that fits that profile. The closest I could find was using Transform, but that really seems to be more of transforming an existing item into something of a different type, (lead into gold etc) instead of reshaping metal into another shape.

The other thought was Create, Flaw:Metal objects only, Flaw: Mass and metal type cannot be changed.

Thoughts or suggestions?

tonberrian
2018-03-19, 11:36 PM
So our GM decided to switch an existing Heroes Unlimited game to M&M3E.

The main power of my character is Metal Manipulation. The core of that is the ability heat/cool/reshape metal by touch or at very short ranges. It's been a long while since I cracked my M&M books but I'm not having much luck finding a power that fits that profile. The closest I could find was using Transform, but that really seems to be more of transforming an existing item into something of a different type, (lead into gold etc) instead of reshaping metal into another shape.

The other thought was Create, Flaw:Metal objects only, Flaw: Mass and metal type cannot be changed.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Transform is perfect for this, actually. Power Profiles uses Transform to remodel earth and stone in much the same way. You probably also want some sort of Damage effect from burning hot metal, possibly linked to the Transform effect, depending on how exactly you use the metal manipulation.

Transform (Metal from one shape to another), 2 points/rank, plus Continuous modifier (+1/rank) if the metal stays in that shape after you finish with it (which, logically, it should).