PDA

View Full Version : protecting buffs from dispel

Braininthejar2
2018-03-20, 04:58 AM
I know you can counterspell dispels, but aprart from that:

Is there any item that could adda CL modifier to the buffs affecting you, to make them harder to dispel?

Anything to the effect?

Crake
2018-03-20, 06:07 AM
There are a few ways to increase the caster level of buffs you cast, but no methods I'm aware of that make buffs that someone else cast on you harder to dispel.

flappeercraft
2018-03-20, 07:56 AM
The power Dispelling Buffer does just that. Ask your DM if you can make a psionci item that replicates it's effect.

ATalsen
2018-03-20, 11:53 AM
You can 'dilute the pool' so to speak by placing worthless, but long term spells on the buff target.

Arcane Mark is a great example; its even better if you can get a few Arcane Marks to be just one caster level higher than other buffs on the target, as Dispel targets highest caster level spell first.

Venger
2018-03-20, 04:01 PM
carry around a spellblade keyed to dispel magic.

turn the spell into a sla somehow, then use supernatural transformation and it is immune to dispelling

if you boost the cl high enough, it will be higher than the cap for greater dispel

take divine defiance and have dispel ready to counterspell any unfriendly dispels

Selene Sparks
2018-03-20, 05:36 PM
A Ring of Spell Battle or adding Battlemagic Perception to your buff list would both give you some protection as well.

Braininthejar2
2018-03-20, 05:41 PM
The power Dispelling Buffer does just that. Ask your DM if you can make a psionic item that replicates it's effect.

Dispelling Buffer i what I was looking for. Thank you. :smallsmile:

smetzger
2018-03-20, 07:24 PM
ring of counterspells with dispel magic