PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder help with gunslinger/summoner build

Amdy_vill
2018-03-20, 07:37 AM
could i have some help with a gunslinger/ summoner build. what archetypes and feats should i take

grarrrg
2018-03-20, 12:05 PM
Obligatory "Gundolon" suggestion.
1 level of Mysterious Stranger Gunslinger gets you most of the 'gun stuff'.
Remaining levels go into Synthesist Summoner, where you grow a lot of arms and/or boost DEX.

Shoot EVERYTHING THAT MOVES.

On a more serious note...You'll want a lot of Summoner levels regardless of what you do, so your Eidolon/Summons don't fall behind, and Gunslinger is a stupid-front-loaded class, so you very likely only need 1 level.
(and stay away from VMC Gunslinger, as it is a STRONG contender for "worst VMC")

Amdy_vill
2018-03-20, 12:20 PM
Obligatory "Gundolon" suggestion.
1 level of Mysterious Stranger Gunslinger gets you most of the 'gun stuff'.
Remaining levels go into Synthesist Summoner, where you grow a lot of arms and/or boost DEX.

Shoot EVERYTHING THAT MOVES.

On a more serious note...You'll want a lot of Summoner levels regardless of what you do, so your Eidolon/Summons don't fall behind, and Gunslinger is a stupid-front-loaded class, so you very likely only need 1 level.
(and stay away from VMC Gunslinger, as it is a STRONG contender for "worst VMC")

so all i really need is the 1 in gunslinger and then build my summoner around using those abilities

Geddy2112
2018-03-20, 01:01 PM
so all i really need is the 1 in gunslinger and then build my summoner around using those abilities

Pretty much, yes. Summoner will generally be better off casting unless you go zillion gun arms as Grarrrg said. Dip gunslinger to get access to a gun and all the toys. At most, gunslinger is a 5 level class to get dex to damage, but if you are shooting enough it does not matter.

The rest of the build depends on what you want to do with the summoner side. Spam monsters and cast, or eidlon and combat? Or both? Second mysterious stranger to reduce MADness. High dex, high CHA, decent con, int as much as you can afford/want skills, dump str and wis.