PDA

View Full Version : Augment Healing and Vigor Spells

GimliFett
2007-08-30, 03:05 PM
How would Augment Healing affect the Vigor spells?

Background, for those unfamiliar with the feat or spells:
Augment Healing is a feat from Complete Divine that increases damage healed from Conjuration [healing] spells by a number depending on the level of the spell cast.

Vigor spells give the recipient fast healing depending on the degree (lesser, normal, greater) that lasts 10 rounds plus caster level (with maximum durations).

The example references cure light wounds, which I can easily understand since it's a one-time healing shot.

Thanks for all serious input. :smallsmile:

Jasdoif
2007-08-30, 03:08 PM
It heals extra damage on the first round.

What effect does the Augment Healing feat (Complete Divine, page 79) have on lesser vigor (Complete Divine, page 186) and similar spells?

Augment Healing adds twice the spell’s level to the total healing it provides. The simplest method is to have the spell apply the extra healing to the first round of fast healing. Thus, lesser vigor (a 1st-level spell) would cure an extra 2 hp of damage in the first round, for a total of 3 hit points. Each round thereafter it would heal the normal 1 hp of damage. Mass lesser vigor (a 3rd-level spell) would cure an extra 6 hp of damage to each target in the first round (for a total of 7 hit points), and would heal 1 hp of damage each round thereafter as normal.

GimliFett
2007-08-30, 03:12 PM
Doh! Thanks. I can't access the FAQ right now, not that it occurred to me to check. OUCH! :smallbiggrin:

Appreciate it, Jasdoif!

Kai-Palin
2007-08-30, 03:16 PM
I was going to say the same thing, or, at the DMs option, allow the extra healing to occur on the last 'tick' or round of healing, as a kind of kick to the end of the spell.

Zincorium
2007-08-30, 03:17 PM
The thing is, while not as outright broken as adding the healing damage each round, augment healing does provide a nice initial boost to the vigor series, which makes it more useful when someone is bleeding to death and needs to be restored to mobility quickly.

GimliFett
2007-08-30, 03:39 PM
I love the vigor spells, and I tend to keep scrolls of 'em handy, especially for spontaneous divines like favored souls. I've got a party of a dwarven knight, a human favored soul (thinking of taking Augment Healing, thus the query), a human wu jen (with some modifications I made to make them more on-par with wizards) and a longstride shifter ninja. Little healing, so the thought was to boost the healing available as much as possible. Probably take Touch of Healing reserve feat at 3rd.