PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for ambience fantasy horror music to use in table top role playing games

Requilac
2018-03-20, 08:57 PM
Hey playground, I have got a little bit of an odd request for you here today, but it is something I need a little bit of help in nonetheless. I have just started running a horror campaign for D&D and one of my players brought up the idea of implementing music to better establish the mood, and the rest of the table was up for it. In my search I had managed to find the Official Roleplaying Soundtrack by Midnight Syndicate, and from the suggested music feature of apple music was able to find the remaining works of both them and another band called Nox Arcana. After looking through these two authors works I was greatly impressed and decided to create playlists of some of their music to use in the games. Over-all the players enjoyed it very much and they encouraged me to use it in the future (and I am not going to lie, I am probably going to use their music outside of D&D too) . I ended up taking a great liking to this genre of music which I had never heard before, so I started to look for more authors of it to add to my role-playing playlist. Much to my frustration though, I cannot really seem to find any other authors which produce music like this. I would really like to include more than just two bands in the playlist, but I do not really know any others nor do I even know where to look. So playground, I have come here to ask some of you wise role players for suggestions of artists which also work on this style of music so that I may share them among my players.

Keep in mind that this will be played while people are playing D&D though, so we need to make sure the music is not too distracting. This means that I am not really looking for any music that has lyrics too it, though a certain degree of latin chanting or choir will be permitted. I also do not want anything too explosive up to the point of being distracting (I am looking at you , Two Steps from Hell).

Thank you in advance for anyone who helps me out in this matter!