PDA

View Full Version : Tech Help Are there any apps which can help me find my phone?

ereinion
2018-03-21, 02:28 PM
I am looking for a really simple app - when I push a button on e.g. my computer or tablet, I want my phone to make noises. There are some apps which do this, but they also add gps tracking and methods to lock down the phone, which is functionality I do not want. There also seems to be some options if I let the phone always "listen" for my voice, but again apart from for this particular functionality I do not want my phone to always listen to me :P

Does anyone on here know of an app which contains just the core functionality described in the first sentence, without a ton of function bloat or requirements to have the phone listen to me at all times?

Xyril
2018-03-21, 02:36 PM
I'm afraid I can't think of any apps like that off hand (the one phone finding app I tried a while ago was so bloated that I decided I'd rather just risk losing my very basic phone.) In terms of listening for your voice, I don't think it's technically possible for your phone to listen any time without it listening all the time.

For a low tech solution, have you considered rubbing liver onto the inside of your phone and getting a dog?

factotum
2018-03-21, 05:10 PM
You could always just call your phone from another phone. :smallsmile:

Lord Torath
2018-03-21, 06:02 PM
Can you instant message your phone from your computer? It would probably require you to set up your phone to ring loudly any time it gets an IM, which might be a bit annoying...

Telok
2018-03-21, 10:03 PM
Voice activated music player?

Anymage
2018-03-21, 11:18 PM
Google voice numbers are handy for a large number of other things. Might as well get one so that you can call your phone from your computer, too.

khadgar567
2018-03-22, 04:35 AM
two internet sites to find your phone
android device manager
and
iclouds find my iphone app
both you the explorer in your compurer and do what you want so any more questions mate?

ereinion
2018-03-23, 07:29 AM
That website is perfect, thanks a ton :) I tried some of the previous solutions, but none of them were really ideal (for instance, I don't own a dog).