PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Spontaneous Domains Questions

heregoeshell
2018-03-21, 05:17 PM
Question pertaining to clerics, as a player who hasn't done a lot of caster classes in general (I tend to avoid especially divine casters like the plague as well).

1: I am wondering if I can stack the spontaneous domain casting from PHBII with spontaneous domains feat from CChamp? It seems to me, that it would allow spontaneous domain casting from either of the domains chosen by expending spell energy, rather than to just one domain.

Thanks in advance

Venger
2018-03-21, 05:31 PM
Question pertaining to clerics, as a player who hasn't done a lot of caster classes in general (I tend to avoid especially divine casters like the plague as well).

1: I am wondering if I can stack the spontaneous domain casting from PHBII with spontaneous domains feat from CChamp? It seems to me, that it would allow spontaneous domain casting from either of the domains chosen by expending spell energy, rather than to just one domain.

Thanks in advance

You could take both of them, but it wouldn't allow you to spontaneously cast your second domain spell more than once a day.

Example:

You took spontaneous domain casting (summoner). Consequently, you can transform any of your spells into a summon spell of the same or lower level.

Your other domain is say magic.

Once you take spontaneous domains, you can use your domain slot to spontaneously cast a summoner domain spell 1/day/lvl (which is worthless, you can do it at will through spontaneous domain casting) and you can also spontaneously cast a magic domain spell 1/day/lvl.