PDA

View Full Version : CoD?

Jalil
2007-08-30, 04:48 PM
Both are Zilla's, but which should I pick? The druid was my first choice, but since we're playing at such a low level(3) I wouldn't be able to wildshape for a while. I'm coming off a decent hiatus of the RPG, so I've got no really good concepts right now. Give me a little direction, and I sure I could spin something though...

Sulecrist
2007-08-30, 04:58 PM
How cheesy do you want to be? How much fun do you want to have?

If it was Gestalt, you could go Druid/Knight then Druid/Cavalier and make a mounted character for WIN AND GOD.

Quietus
Both are Zilla's, but which should I pick? The druid was my first choice, but since we're playing at such a low level(3) I wouldn't be able to wildshape for a while. I'm coming off a decent hiatus of the RPG, so I've got no really good concepts right now. Give me a little direction, and I sure I could spin something though...

Neither of them could really 'zilla at that level, so it really comes down to : Which do you find more attractive? Having the potential for a nice big tank and more battlefield control magic, or lots of potential for healing spells?

slexlollar89
Why cleric or Druid? *opinion: I dont really like CoDs much, and generally play the generic caster with their spell list and cha or int for my primry mod.

But, if you must play them, i say druid if you have access to the Spell Compendium (AWESOME SPELL LIST).

Cleric for heling or if you dont have SpComp.

daggaz
2007-08-30, 06:33 PM
Personally I like clerics, especially at lower levels. Fullplate + better healing + decent melee = surviveability. Of course, I almost always go for a melee cleric as well.

greenknight
2007-08-30, 07:28 PM
As Quietus said, you can't really 'Zilla with either of them at that level. However, Druid's a bit better at low levels IMO, since you get some good skills and the animal companion is still relatively useful. You miss out on a little healing ability, but that's what wands and staffs are for (a Wand of Cure Light Wounds is always a good investment, and a bargain at 750gp). And if the campaign does go to higher levels, Druid can 'Zilla at lower levels than Cleric, although Cleric can be a bit more powerful in the long run.