PDA

View Full Version : Help me plan my Fighter ASIs

SithLackey
2018-03-21, 11:26 PM
I have a Great Weapon Battlemaster who will be multiclassing to a 2-level Paladin dip after 8th level. He is currently approaching 6th level, with the following array:

STR 18 (4th level ASI went here)
DEX 13
CON 14
INT 13
WIS 10
CHA 13

I want to get to 20 STR and 14 CHA, but I can't decide what to do with the half-feat that gives me. Athlete for situational benefits? Resilient: CHA for a little more defensiveness? +1 DEX for initiative and saves and acrobatics and maybe the ability to thrive in medium armor? I do not have GWM yet, so feel free to tell me that I should be taking that instead of any other ASI options.

This is a small question, but I'm sure y'all have opinions, and I'd love to hear them. Thanks!

Crgaston
2018-03-21, 11:39 PM
Wis+1, Cha+1, GWM, Resilient Wis, Str+2

Blood of Gaea
2018-03-22, 12:07 AM
Crgaston's plan is a good one, proficiency in Wis saves is awesome.

If you'd rather focus on damage output you could go for +1Cha+1Dex, GWM, +2Str, PAM.

If you want a more defensive/support lean to your build, you could go +1Cha+1Dex, Inspiring Leader, Sentinel, +2Str or PAM.

Kane0
2018-03-22, 12:27 AM
Great Weapon Master, Resilient: Wis and Lucky are all good options, if your Str is already 18 i'd go for them in that order, with one of your mid-level ASIs spent on a stat increase like +1Wis/+1Dex (or int). If you're not super worried about a 13 in wis and dex Obervant might be a good alternative to get your wis to 14 after resilient Con

Cespenar
2018-03-22, 04:41 AM
Great Weapon Master, Resilient: Wis and Lucky are all good options, if your Str is already 18 i'd go for them in that order, with one of your mid-level ASIs spent on a stat increase like +1Wis/+1Dex (or int). If you're not super worried about a 13 in wis and dex Obervant might be a good alternative to get your wis to 14 after resilient Con

These three feats right there, definitely.

Arkhios
2018-03-22, 04:58 AM
What do the Paladin levels mean to you? Besides another fighting style? Critical Hit Divine Smites 2/day? Unless you intended to get faster spellcasting progression from elsewhere 2 spell slots for the whole adventuring day to burn for divine smites on a critical hit isn't really that much worth it to lose other features from Battle Master Fighter.