PDA

View Full Version : DM Help What would plane of Tiamat be like?

Pinjata
2018-03-22, 06:41 AM
Tiamat from 5e. A perfect plane she creates for herself. What is it like?

Arkhios
2018-03-22, 06:43 AM
Inferior species groveling at her feet, praising her 24/7.

Ancient Chromatic Dragons as her servants doing everything she wants.

As for the general athmosphere?

https://wallpaperscraft.ru/image/world_of_warcraft_drakon_krylya_hvost_ogon_pozhar_ 16252_1920x1080.jpg

or maybe this...

https://cdn.allwallpaper.in/wallpapers/2400x1350/10254/world-of-warcraft-fire-fantasy-art-stratholme-2400x1350-wallpaper.jpg

Pinjata
2018-03-22, 06:50 AM
Dat, good sir, is a badass pic. Not bad.

Unoriginal
2018-03-22, 07:36 AM

A circular world of beauty, wealth, deadliness, strife and glory.

Piles and piles of treasures from many worlds, thousands of artistic achievements, hundreds of architectural wonders, all dedicated to the Queen of Dragons.

Hundreds and hundreds of slaves and servants in adoration over their monarch, worshiping her, fighting each other for her, working all day and all night for her.

Nature in its most draconic form, with swamps, forests, deserts, volcanoes and the like, all up to 11 versions of how the Ancient Chromatic Dragons' Lairs look like.

And of course Tiamat presiding over it from the top of the highest mountain, in the center, where she can see all.

Corsair14
2018-03-22, 07:45 AM
I thought she was stuck in one of the layers of the Abyss.

Unoriginal
2018-03-22, 08:18 AM
I thought she was stuck in one of the layers of the Abyss.

She's trapped in the first layer of the Nine Hells.

But I think OP is asking "what if she wasn't and could create her own plane?"

Naanomi
2018-03-22, 08:50 AM
Gods don’t generally get their own Plane, but rather create a divine realm in a layer of an existing Plane (generally but not always in the Outer Planes)

“Tiamat's realm, known as the Dragonspawn Pits of Azharul or simply as Tiamat's lair, sprawls in a cluster of tall hills and mountains near a pillar made from the tormented heads of liars and a pit of maggots from which lemures emerge. One must fly or swim across the maggot pit to reach Tiamat's caves. Tiamat's lair contains the main gate to the second of the Nine Hells, Dis. To reach it, one must pass a chamber known as the Cave of Greed, which is filled with cursed treasure that compels the weak-willed to try to steal it. Tiamat has her own chamber within the complex, as do each of her five consorts, but it is possible to travel to Dis without disturbing her.”

Pinjata
2018-03-22, 09:06 AM
She's trapped in the first layer of the Nine Hells.

But I think OP is asking "what if she wasn't and could create her own plane?"

You think right.

Nifft
2018-03-22, 10:23 AM
It would need a volcano, a forest, a desert, an ice cap, and a swamp.

So basically Hawaii.

Unoriginal
2018-03-22, 10:32 AM

So basically Hawaii.

Tiamat drinking a cocktail while wearing sunglasses and an Hawaiian shirt would be an amazing sight to behold.

damascoplay
2018-03-23, 08:04 PM
Tiamat drinking a cocktail while wearing sunglasses and an Hawaiian shirt would be an amazing sight to behold.

It would be an amazing sight to behold. My God it would.

Davrix
2018-03-23, 08:15 PM

So basically Hawaii.

Or any game of minecraft :)

Tetrasodium
2018-03-23, 08:18 PM

In what setting? In some settings Tiamat is probably dead (http://darksun.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Deity). In some, Tiamat can be described like this (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Tiamat) or this (http://dragonlance.wikia.com/wiki/Takhisis) in a few.... While in others he she or it is wildly different and one of The Demon Overlords (http://eberron.wikia.com/wiki/Overlords) bound in khyber.

Which version of tiamat interests you in using?

Naanomi
2018-03-23, 09:34 PM
In what setting? In some settings Tiamat is probably dead (http://darksun.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Deity). In some, Tiamat can be described like this (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Tiamat) or this (http://dragonlance.wikia.com/wiki/Takhisis) in a few.... While in others he she or it is wildly different and one of The Demon Overlords (http://eberron.wikia.com/wiki/Overlords) bound in khyber.

Which version of tiamat interests you in using?
Takhesis isn’t Tiamat, despite the simularities. She isn’t dead in Darksun either, just sealed off from contact like all things in the Outer Planes

Chugger
2018-03-24, 05:10 AM
Everything - and I mean everything - would be in fives. All bands would have five musicians. All lutes would have five strings. All songs would have five notes and five words to sing. A novel would be only five words long. There'd probably be a lot of novels ... except Tiamat only allows five to exist at any given time. There are five libraries, and each has five books. One of the five ... oooo heresy - I was going to say one of the five novels, one of the five non fiction books. one of the five cook books, one of the five self help books, and one of the five game rule books...but this doesn't feel right. I think she's gonna breathe ... yeah ... all five heads at once at me. YIKES!

Unoriginal
2018-03-24, 06:19 AM
Tiamat isn't obsessed with the number 5. She's greedy a d vain, she wants as much stuff as possible to be hers.

Nifft
2018-03-24, 09:34 AM

Tiamat drinking five cocktails while wearing sunglasses and a Hawaiian shirt.

Tiamat dressing up as all five Power Rangers for a kid's birthday party.

Tiamat struggling to put together a Magic deck (she likes all the colors too much).

Hmm, I think she needs a slice-of-life show.

Tetrasodium
2018-03-24, 12:03 PM
Takhesis isn’t Tiamat, despite the simularities. She isn’t dead in Darksun either, just sealed off from contact like all things in the Outer Planes

Thanks I gave up trying to sort out the pre-4e tiamat or whatever it was for dragonlance & just went with the link to the dragonlance wiki saying it & your darksun knowledge is better than mine. The point I was making wasn't so much X Y & Z are the true tiamat for a setting so much as pointing out how toxic it is for settings that are different from whatever WotC's current chosen one to be forced into accommodating stuff from the chosen setting.

The OP should go with whatever version works best for their setting/game/campaign, but it's hard to offer advice without knowing more about that simply because there is no one size fits all "this is Tiamat" & pretending otherwise can be damaging to different settings.

Chugger
2018-03-24, 11:00 PM
Tiamat drinking five cocktails while wearing sunglasses and a Hawaiian shirt.

Tiamat dressing up as all five Power Rangers for a kid's birthday party.

Tiamat struggling to put together a Magic deck (she likes all the colors too much).

Hmm, I think she needs a slice-of-life show.

Nifft you are awesome to see the quintruple truth in this matter!!!

And someone - who won't be mentioned - got SO TROLLED I just gave myself a hernia laughing. Thank you, though.

Mith
2018-03-24, 11:46 PM
If I were to draft off a domain for Tiamat, hete's how I would do it.

-The domain is encircled by a ring of mountais that are treacherous to pass through. The mountains are riddled with kobold mazes, with clans consisting of "greys", the souls of kobolds and dragons that have disapointed Tiamat and are tasked with keeping out intruders. The greys hope to gather a sufficently large enough horde to appease Tiamat and one of her Consorts in order to be allowed into her domain proper under the Patronage of one of the Consorts.

-The domain proper is divided into 5 wedge shaped valleys, each the domain of an individual Consort. The domains are the terrain effects of the regular dragons boosted to the max. As far as size goes, I would give it a property of a confined infinity, making it impossible to actually reach a specific landmark (large mountain in the distance) without a high Survival or Insight Check (DC 25). This is not a problem for natives or invited guests in the area (that are not being hunted). I would say that the animal population are all draconic in nature, all according to the colour of the Consort. The vallies end at the base of the mountain which is the lair of the Consort that oversees the valley. While I think of it, a planar effect of each valley boosts the damage of the associated damage type. Perhaps all 1s and 2s are considered 3s.

- The 5 mountains merge into the taller mountain that forms Tiamat's lair. The oly creatures found on the Mountain are either honour guards or foolhardy adventuers.

That's all I can think of for now.

RazDelacroix
2018-03-25, 12:04 AM
As I am about to sleep, I can only say/type this.

It must be worthy to inspire Heavy Metal album covers!

Unoriginal
2018-03-25, 05:54 AM
And someone - who won't be mentioned - got SO TROLLED I just gave myself a hernia laughing. Thank you, though.

Are you talking about me?

Fire Tarrasque
2018-03-25, 06:41 PM
Tiamat wouldn't really be all that likely to craft a plane carefully.
Tiamat is a fun god, because you can sum up her personality really easily:
"I want all the things, if I can't have a thing I will kill and eat it. Then make it mine."
She would ultimately be more concerned with TAKING ALL THE THINGS then she would with making a plane.
However, her plane would probably be a giant cave filled with treasure and slaves. She would sit there while other people got more money for her.

Nifft
2018-03-25, 07:04 PM
Are you talking about me?

I doubt it -- seems like the two of us were surfing on the same wavelength.

Chugger
2018-03-26, 03:04 AM
I doubt it -- seems like the two of us were surfing on the same wavelength.

Yes, until I wiped out badly over on the page where the person was asking about Inspiration (and how they didn't get it). I went total Salvador Dali there. Salvador Dali is Tiamat's husband, in case you didn't know.