PDA

View Full Version : Got Stood Up For The First Time

JNAProductions
2018-03-22, 12:25 PM
After driving 40 minutes to the date spot. -_-

Not really looking for advice, just want to vent and possibly receive a little sympathy.

What happened was, I was trawling OK Cupid, and her profile had her Snapchat on it, so naturally, since she seemed cool, I added her. We talked for a few hours, and I asked her if she possibly wanted to meet up. She seemed to like the idea, so we settled on a place (40 minutes away from where I live, maybe five minutes from her) and I drove out there. When I got there, texted her on Snapchat, but I noticed her Snap name had changed to what it was before I added her. I thought that was a little weird, but whatever.

Five minutes pass... No answer. I text her again, and call her on Snap. No answer.

This goes on for another 35 minutes, after which I finally go "Screw this, I'm going home."

Then I get in my car, drive 40 minutes home, and eat some chocolate, because dammit, I deserve something nice.

So yeah. That's what happened yesterday, and just... Sucks. I can handle being told "No, I'm not that interested in you." I can handle being told, after a date, "Sorry, but I don't think we're compatible." And honestly? I can handle this too. It just royally sucks.

JeenLeen
2018-03-22, 12:40 PM
Sympathies.
That seems really raw and odd, especially if you had fun chatting for a few hours. Sorry she didn't at least let you know she was cancelling.

Peelee
2018-03-22, 03:02 PM
Dang, that sucks. Your reaction to it is pretty healthy, though, so go you!

Jay R
2018-03-22, 05:23 PM
Yes, this is really annoying.

But isn't it nice that you learned that she would do this before investing weeks or months of time and money on her?

Peelee
2018-03-22, 05:48 PM

But isn't it nice that you learned that she would do this before investing weeks or months of time and money on her?

There's an old saying, "if you lend a friend ten dollars and they never give it back, that's a cheap price to find out what kind of person that 'friend' is."

So yeah, I'm going to echo Jay R here. Absolutely better to learn stuff like this early on, even though it sucks regardless.

LordEntrails
2018-03-22, 06:00 PM
Bummer. But also consider the possibility that something more important happened in her life than meeting with you for the first time. One never knows and to allow the possibility of such is generous.

But, just know, whatever the reason, it's not you, it's something in or about her.

Comrade
2018-03-22, 06:19 PM
Damn man, that's a real bummer. I feel you, it's a lot less hurtful to just be told 'I'm just not into you' than to have contact just drop, especially after you've driven forty minutes out for the date. Which, by the way... might be a good idea to try and keep things closer to home for a first date. Sounds like you were a lot more willing to travel than she was, considering you both could have met halfway and driven twenty minutes.

In any case, sorry to hear you got stood up, but at least you know it's ultimately not a big deal-- hurtful at first, but their problem, not yours.

rakkoon
2018-03-23, 12:36 AM
On to the next date!

Scarlet Knight
2018-03-23, 08:34 AM
Maybe she's a superhero? It happened in both Batman and Ghostrider...

Telonius
2018-03-23, 10:23 AM
Ugh, my sympathies. Stuff happens - my wife was about 50 minutes late to our first date due to some truly horrendous traffic, back before everybody had cell phones - but when there's a way to reach the person to let them know, that's just plain rude.

inexorabletruth
2018-03-23, 10:58 AM
I feel for you. That used to happen to me to. I'm so glad I'm married and don't have to get involved with that whole mess ever again.

But you know what? You're going to buck up, get back out there, and have some fun, darn it! You're going to prove that she missed out on you; not the other way around. I believe it, and you should believe it too!

Go get, 'em tiger! :smallwink:

JNAProductions
2018-03-23, 10:58 AM
Dang, that sucks. Your reaction to it is pretty healthy, though, so go you!

Thanks. I try to keep things in perspective.

True!

Bummer. But also consider the possibility that something more important happened in her life than meeting with you for the first time. One never knows and to allow the possibility of such is generous.

But, just know, whatever the reason, it's not you, it's something in or about her.

That is possible, but I feel like a text would've been polite. And removing me from Snapchat means that it was probably being stood up.

Maybe she's a superhero? It happened in both Batman and Ghostrider...

Well, Batman and Ghostrider are asshats, so nyeh! :P

To everyone I didn't quote, and everyone I did: Thanks for the kind words. Glad to know you guys got my back. :)