PDA

View Full Version : Computer PSA: Grim Dawn is 75% off!

Avilan the Grey
2018-03-23, 12:10 AM
This thread is basically only a friendly reminder that Grim Dawn is on sale right now on Steam.
It's my favorite Diablo clone to date, by the people that made Titan Quest back in the day.

It also have a dark grim world and an art style I love that I call "Gothic Victorian": Imagine a Victorian setting but with plate armor. The biggest expansion is also on sale, that adds two more classes and of course more areas and bosses to the game.

Cikomyr
2018-03-23, 05:33 AM
I heartily recommend it to anyone who liked ARPG diablo-style.

The game is challenging in its action, and yet forgiving regarding build errors. You are allowed a lot of fun customization.

The only flaw of the game, IMHO, is the very, very, very, very intricate and badly structured Constellation system. Not badly structured in term of gameplay implementation, but badly structured in term of ease of information. Its almost impossible to know what you are doing without a heavy wiki research.

The game is awesome besides that

Avilan the Grey
2018-03-23, 08:58 AM
*ARGH*

Can't. Decide. Class.

As usual. I haven't played this since the expansion so starting over and well... So much choice.

Cikomyr
2018-03-23, 11:05 AM
*ARGH*

Can't. Decide. Class.

As usual. I haven't played this since the expansion so starting over and well... So much choice.

What do you wanna do?

Necromancer/Occultist is a really cool pet-based class.

Inquisitor are good for shooting people with pistols. But they have lots of other uses

2handed beast goes through the Shaman. I used a Shaman/Arcanist for boosted elemental damage.

I also played cool Demolitionist/Soldiers, basically shield/pistols with liberal use of 'nades

For funs, check out eventually the Occultist's "Bloody Pox". Is fun. I like to run circles around a mob of mobs to herd them, and then infect one so the entire group gets infected with a single casting. You are the Plaguemaster.

Avilan the Grey
2018-03-23, 11:54 AM
That's the thing. I want to try one of the new classes but not sure which one.

If I go Necromancer/Occultist, which one should I start with?

Cikomyr
2018-03-23, 12:04 PM
That's the thing. I want to try one of the new classes but not sure which one.

If I go Necromancer/Occultist, which one should I start with?

I went Necro first. Skeletons are very early in the tree.

If you go to the Lvl 8 island at the start and play conservatively, you can reach lvl 5 in about 5 mintes of play. Put everything in Skeletons or skeleton-boosting skills, and you can take it easy for a while. Your henchmen will do all the job ;)

Avilan the Grey
2018-03-23, 06:41 PM
Thank you.
My one concern with this kind of build is that it will be boring.

Cikomyr
2018-03-23, 08:41 PM
Thank you.
My one concern with this kind of build is that it will be boring.

Not for me. You need to juggle area debuffs (the Circle of Damnation or something like that for the Occultist), temporary buffs, and make sure your fragile wizard ass isnt getting beatup by the hordes.

Its not as directly involved as hand to hand, but its still very fun. By far my most powerful build.

Avilan the Grey
2018-03-24, 12:46 AM
Not for me. You need to juggle area debuffs (the Circle of Damnation or something like that for the Occultist), temporary buffs, and make sure your fragile wizard ass isnt getting beatup by the hordes.

Its not as directly involved as hand to hand, but its still very fun. By far my most powerful build.

In fact (looking at other forums) the developer have tried to nerf this build for a while.

Anyway, I am very torn right now; I like the idea of pets, but I want to be more hands on.

Starwulf
2018-03-24, 02:00 AM
How much does the expansion change the game? Especially in the way of items? I enjoyed the game itself, but the items, most specifically the legendary/epic items(Or whatever they are called, it's been a while) bugged the crap out of me. None of them actually felt "unique" to me, the handful I found by the time I was halfway through the hardest difficulty just felt like normal blue or green items. And they definitely weren't any stronger, I wasn't wearing even a single one of them, all my equipment was green(that's the step up from blue, right?), and the rares were all significantly better. And that bugs me, especially when it's the type of game that is specifically played to find good loot. I don't want to find the rarest quality of equipment, only for it to be vastly outclassed by the "rare" equivalent of gear(I use rare and unique in reference to diablo style loot, which goes normal(white), magic(blue), rare(yellow) and then unique and set(gold and green).

If the expansion changes some of that, I think I wouldn't mind getting back into the game once I have the money for the expansion, I do have a hundred or two hours into the game as it is. If it wasn't for my issue with the loot I'd probably still be playing it, because the game is tough at the highest difficulty, or at least it was with whatever build I was using, and I found that pretty enjoyable, I don't like running roughshod over stuff in what's supposed to be the highest difficulty setting, at least not until I'm the highest level and wearing the best gear.

Did you all know there's a 2nd expansion that's already been announced as well?(I Imagine you have, but figure I should say it for those who might see this thread and not already know that). Definitely looking pretty good so far, the new areas look fun :).

Cikomyr
2018-03-24, 07:35 AM
In fact (looking at other forums) the developer have tried to nerf this build for a while.

Anyway, I am very torn right now; I like the idea of pets, but I want to be more hands on.

Death Knight? Necromancer has powerful hand to hand abilities. Combine with Sword and Board, you become a Necromancer leading his creations into battle

Plus, Soldier has some nice buffs to allies

Morty
2018-03-24, 07:45 AM
Aw, shoot. This game looks pretty interesting, but while thinking about buying it, I missed the sale. Oh well. If I do ever play it, it'll probably be a solder/nightblade. Their skills seem surprisingly weapon-neutral.

Cikomyr
2018-03-24, 08:45 AM
Aw, shoot. This game looks pretty interesting, but while thinking about buying it, I missed the sale. Oh well. If I do ever play it, it'll probably be a solder/nightblade. Their skills seem surprisingly weapon-neutral.

Its a good mix for dual-weilding warriors.

Morty
2018-03-24, 09:11 AM
My preference would be a for a two-handed one, but either way, the moment has passed. And I'm not sure if I feel up for buying it at full price.

Avilan the Grey
2018-03-24, 09:34 AM
My preference would be a for a two-handed one, but either way, the moment has passed. And I'm not sure if I feel up for buying it at full price.

It's actually worth full price.

Avilan the Grey
2018-03-24, 02:00 PM
So,
I am split between Occultist or Destructionist. Occultist is definitely better, but Destructionist gives you burning skeletons.

Cikomyr
2018-03-24, 10:09 PM
It's actually worth full price.

Seconded. But maybe wait for another discount for the expansion. Not that it's not worth full price, but I feel like it's a lot of money in one lump sum.

So,
I am split between Occultist or Destructionist. Occultist is definitely better, but Destructionist gives you burning skeletons.

I actually tried both. I didn't really liked Demolitionist for Skeletons. Because FLAME TOUCH DOESN'T BUFF YOUR ALLIES.

I learned that the hard way. I scrapped my Lvl 25 Defiler and then started over with a Necromancer/Occultist.

The Flame Hound's second skill actually gives a +flame buff to everyone in your party. Same for Raven; I think he gives +lightning buff. Basically, Occultist/Necro leaves you with a full menagerie of undeads, demons and other niceties.

WHY WON'T KYMON'S CHOSEN TAKE ME FOR WHO I AM?!

Btw. Thanks to this thread, I am now playing an Inquisitor/Demolitionist. Goddamn you.

Fun fact: I thought I picked wrong with Demolitionist. The Inquisitor has triggered skills that generate +fire, +cold and +lightning damage on random. So I thought Cold and Lightning wouldn't get boosted by the Demo's skill tree..

Well, I had completely forgot that Flame touched actually gives a bonus to LIGHTNING as well. Ohhhhh yhea

Avilan the Grey
2018-03-25, 01:53 AM
Trying to come up with a hybrid build. Might not be valid on the highest difficulty but I have never enjoyed playing the same character for that long anyway.
I am one of those who tend to play Normal in Diablo and then get another character rather than go through the same damn maps 3 more times.

Avilan the Grey
2018-03-25, 06:56 AM
Nah. That didn't work out.
Trying a poison-based pet build instead: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2BGYdrV
please note:

1. I am new to planning builds
2. This is an estimate without item buffs

factotum
2018-03-25, 10:14 AM
I went through a phase playing this a couple of months ago when the expansion dropped. I like the game a lot--there are just so many possible character builds to play, and the expansion storyline itself is pretty fun, all told. And yes, I have a character with a whole bunch of miniions...

Cikomyr
2018-03-25, 01:37 PM
I went through a phase playing this a couple of months ago when the expansion dropped. I like the game a lot--there are just so many possible character builds to play, and the expansion storyline itself is pretty fun, all told. And yes, I have a character with a whole bunch of miniions...

The single worst aspect of the game, IMHO, is the goddamn Devotion system.

In principle, its a really, really cool way to accrue lots of passive bonuses.

In practice... **** you. What the **** should i aim for?!

I had to spent hours designing a massive table that showcased the bonuses and costs of every constellation just to start planning a pro-Lightning build.

Edit: just to make sure i dont get misunderstood. I think Devotion is a great system with horrible UI that will overwhelm any newcomer, who may then ignore it.

factotum
2018-03-25, 04:11 PM
Yes, it would be nice if it was a bit more obvious what all the Devotion tenets did. As it stands you have to search all over a rather large scrolling map and hover the mouse over various items to decide what's best to go for! Fortunately, things that grant bonuses to particular things usually give you the right stuff to unlock the next constellations, so if you just pick all the stuff that grants your pets bonuses things will work out OK.

Avilan the Grey
2018-03-25, 04:37 PM
All I am 100% sure of is the The Dying God is a must have for pet builds. Apparently.
...Yes, I agree it could have been easier to understnad. But at least I don't get nosebleed from looking at it as I do in PoE.

My BIGGEST pet peeve is stupid, really and that's the fact that all really powerful items look very generic Diablo-y. Seriously. I know you can "change your look" by going and pay a fee to make your stuff look different, but it still seems like lazy to me: First design a very well... almost Bloodborne world and then all your heavy armor looks 100% generic medieval fantasy anyway.

Cikomyr
2018-03-25, 05:56 PM
Yes, it would be nice if it was a bit more obvious what all the Devotion tenets did. As it stands you have to search all over a rather large scrolling map and hover the mouse over various items to decide what's best to go for! Fortunately, things that grant bonuses to particular things usually give you the right stuff to unlock the next constellations, so if you just pick all the stuff that grants your pets bonuses things will work out OK.

Agreed. But still, how would you make a build to reach Spear of the Heaven? While focusing in Lightning?

I worked:

Tsunami
Scholsr's Light
Kraken
Wraith
Owl
Tempest
Vulture
Lizard
Eel
Spear of the Heaven

There may be some crossroads pickups somewhere.. but man.. i swear to you, i spent 2 hours researching and documenting the various constellations.

Avilan the Grey
2018-03-26, 01:26 AM
Thinking of re-speccing to use Dreeg's Evil Eye (I am based on Poison, after all).
On the other hand I have a special dagger that makes 375 points of damage over 5 seconds atm.

Cikomyr
2018-03-27, 07:32 AM
Thinking of re-speccing to use Dreeg's Evil Eye (I am based on Poison, after all).
On the other hand I have a special dagger that makes 375 points of damage over 5 seconds atm.

Poison can be wicked fun to play with.

I love the powerful DoT builds. You feel like the samurai who cut his enemy in half, but so neatly he doesnt realizes it until he walked a few steps.

Avilan the Grey
2018-03-27, 12:04 PM
I moved everything from the Raven skills to Dreeg's Evil Eye and yeah. I am using that as my only attack now.
Definitely works.
I also got the final Scorpion buff on my skeletons, so 1 of every 4 attacks they make (on average) the floor around them erupts with poison spikes. Next stop: the Shepards Crook.

Cikomyr
2018-03-27, 02:22 PM
So i learned the other night that Devilbane ammo (the lightning one) gives a + lightning buff

Hmm.. interesting

Cikomyr
2018-03-31, 12:09 PM
Goddamnit. I just tried Port Valbury. Single most annoying Rogue Challenge Dungeon

factotum
2018-03-31, 12:18 PM
I don't find most of Port Valbury to be too bad. The real problem are the zombie councillors at the end--they will absolutely murder you even if you've finished the rest of it with no issues. I think I had one character who succeeded in killing them in normal difficulty, I don't think I've ever managed it on the higher ones.

Cikomyr
2018-04-01, 10:57 AM
I don't find most of Port Valbury to be too bad. The real problem are the zombie councillors at the end--they will absolutely murder you even if you've finished the rest of it with no issues. I think I had one character who succeeded in killing them in normal difficulty, I don't think I've ever managed it on the higher ones.

Holy crap you are right. They wiped the floor of my Cabalist.

Morty
2018-04-02, 06:40 AM
I bought the game and got started on a Soldier/Nightblade with a two-handed weapon. Already made some missteps in skill assignment, but I guess I'll just keep on going.

Avilan the Grey
2018-04-02, 06:43 AM
I bought the game and got started on a Soldier/Nightblade with a two-handed weapon. Already made some missteps in skill assignment, but I guess I'll just keep on going.

You can respec any point for a cost of 25 iron when you're done with the first story quest.

Cikomyr
2018-04-02, 07:03 AM

As Avilan said, dont sweat misattributed skill points. Remember: RSPC is Good

Morty
2018-04-02, 07:53 AM
Yeah, found the NPC in question. And I can even do it point by point, rather than reset it all to 0 and start over.

Psyren
2018-04-02, 02:56 PM
I enjoy it. I have an Aether Ray Arcanist (no points in any second class yet - leaning towards Demo or Occultist) while my BF is running Necromancer/Shaman. And apparently another expansion is coming out later this year (Forgotten Gods).

How much does the expansion change the game? Especially in the way of items? I enjoyed the game itself, but the items, most specifically the legendary/epic items(Or whatever they are called, it's been a while) bugged the crap out of me. None of them actually felt "unique" to me, the handful I found by the time I was halfway through the hardest difficulty just felt like normal blue or green items. And they definitely weren't any stronger, I wasn't wearing even a single one of them, all my equipment was green(that's the step up from blue, right?), and the rares were all significantly better. And that bugs me, especially when it's the type of game that is specifically played to find good loot. I don't want to find the rarest quality of equipment, only for it to be vastly outclassed by the "rare" equivalent of gear(I use rare and unique in reference to diablo style loot, which goes normal(white), magic(blue), rare(yellow) and then unique and set(gold and green).

GD goes White -> Yellow -> Green -> Blue -> Purple IIRC.
(Normal, Magic, Rare, Epic, Legendary, respectively. Set items can be either of the latter two.)

I heartily recommend it to anyone who liked ARPG diablo-style.

The game is challenging in its action, and yet forgiving regarding build errors. You are allowed a lot of fun customization.

The only flaw of the game, IMHO, is the very, very, very, very intricate and badly structured Constellation system. Not badly structured in term of gameplay implementation, but badly structured in term of ease of information. Its almost impossible to know what you are doing without a heavy wiki research.

The game is awesome besides that

Note that you can respec the Constellation stuff too. More expensive that redoing your skill tree (since it costs crystals) but still manageable. What you can't respec are your attribute points, which I find rather annoying.

Of course, you can also just download a trainer to respec everything... or use it to jump to max level, give yourself a bunch of items and gold, make your stats whatever you want etc, because the game content is kept locally, Open BNet D2 style :smalltongue: But it's plenty fun played the normal way too.

Morty
2018-04-02, 05:29 PM
I'm mostly just messing around with my soldier/nightblade build. Spreading the points fairly evenly and trying to avoid redundancies. I use the soldier skills to hit things, and nightblade skills to buff myself, debuff enemies and throw daggers. Seems to be working okay so far.

Cikomyr
2018-04-02, 07:24 PM
I enjoy it. I have an Aether Ray Arcanist (no points in any second class yet - leaning towards Demo or Occultist) while my BF is running Necromancer/Shaman. And apparently another expansion is coming out later this year (Forgotten Gods).

I also happen to have tried a pure Aether Ray build. The linked skills are fun, but in higher levels i feel like a sitting duck whenever i attack. Since you have to stay in one spot.

I kind of discovered that i am a truly Trap B*tch. I was going for an Inquisitor/Demolitionist 2-pistol build, and thought "oh.. I'll just put a few points in Mortar.." only for it to become my #1 skill used.

Damn. Maybe i should just go full Demolitionist/Shaman. Mortar/Lightning Traps ftw.

Inarius
2018-04-02, 11:20 PM
Note that you can respec the Constellation stuff too. More expensive that redoing your skill tree (since it costs crystals) but still manageable. What you can't respec are your attribute points, which I find rather annoying.

You can get potions to respec your attributes as quest rewards from the main quests in the expansion areas. Its much more limited but it is an option if you make a mistake or decide to change up your build after hitting a wall.

As for me I'm sort of loving a gunmage inquisitor/demolitionist build I have going. I mostly use the various seals but have some points into the gun procs and some gear that adds more gun procs so my gun damage is kinda bursty and unreliable but its still fun :smallbiggrin: Second favorite is probably my 2 handed lightning Shaman/soldier, it just sort plows through everything it comes into contact with.

factotum
2018-04-03, 03:15 AM
You can get potions to respec your attributes as quest rewards from the main quests in the expansion areas.

I've never really found that to be useful. You get so much of your attributes from boosting your masteries that it doesn't seem to matter where you put the piddling few attribute points you get from levelling up.

Morty
2018-04-03, 06:22 AM
I wanted to make a demolitionist/inquisitor my second character, but upon reaching level 10 I realized inquisitor requires a DLC. I guess that will wait until I decide if I want to buy said DLC, then.

Cikomyr
2018-04-03, 07:37 AM
I wanted to make a demolitionist/inquisitor my second character, but upon reaching level 10 I realized inquisitor requires a DLC. I guess that will wait until I decide if I want to buy said DLC, then.

The new masteries are fun and unique. I havent tried the new locations.

factotum
2018-04-03, 09:07 AM
Said DLC is pretty good, all told, although Gloomwald and Ugdenbog are way too large for the amount of content they contain, IMHO. TBH I think it's worth it just for the extra masteries--the Necromancer allows you to properly have a summoner character, which is a bit of a struggle in the non-DLC game because you can only get maybe 3 or 4 summons out simultaneously and it's way too easy for the enemies to skirt around your minions and attack you directly. Not really had a lot of play with Inquisitor, but the frost and fire traps (I forget the names) are hella fun.

Inarius
2018-04-03, 06:03 PM
I've never really found that to be useful. You get so much of your attributes from boosting your masteries that it doesn't seem to matter where you put the piddling few attribute points you get from levelling up.

Attributes from level up are kind of deceptive. Each point is worth 8 in a stat. Masteries grant a total of +10 to the three stats in various combinations depending on what class is being raised so the stat increases are comparable. Especially since maxing both masteries isn't usually a great idea unless you really don't have anything else to grab.

I mean in the grand scheme of things its not really that important because gear will easily outweigh the stat boosts from level ups and masteries, but being able to reset it freely would be nice if only to make it easier to equip a new shiny piece of gear you don't have the right stat distribution to wear.

Psyren
2018-04-03, 10:47 PM
Attributes from level up are kind of deceptive. Each point is worth 8 in a stat. Masteries grant a total of +10 to the three stats in various combinations depending on what class is being raised so the stat increases are comparable. Especially since maxing both masteries isn't usually a great idea unless you really don't have anything else to grab.

I mean in the grand scheme of things its not really that important because gear will easily outweigh the stat boosts from level ups and masteries, but being able to reset it freely would be nice if only to make it easier to equip a new shiny piece of gear you don't have the right stat distribution to wear.

This, especially the second part. Not knowing how much physique my Arcanist needs for every conceivable item they might want to wear is annoying. Again though, it's an offline game, so I can just hack it if I find something really good.

Murmaider
2018-04-04, 09:33 AM
This, especially the second part. Not knowing how much physique my Arcanist needs for every conceivable item they might want to wear is annoying. Again though, it's an offline game, so I can just hack it if I find something really good.

I usually don't put any points into attributes, until I find an item with an attribute requirement. It's not a perfect solution, but I don't think it heavily impacts my games.

Avilan the Grey
2018-04-04, 10:19 AM
I usually don't put any points into attributes, until I find an item with an attribute requirement. It's not a perfect solution, but I don't think it heavily impacts my games.

I just pump physique unless I need spirit for my off hand.

Cikomyr
2018-04-05, 08:35 AM
All right. I'll try my first Tank-Retaliation build ever. Apparently Warden is the best build. For.it

Damn. Someone would like to trade me Shield of Perdition?

Cikomyr
2018-04-07, 11:25 AM
All right. I'll try my first Tank-Retaliation build ever. Apparently Warden is the best build. For.it

Damn. Someone would like to trade me Shield of Perdition?

So i am building that: Tank Retaliation build (http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36239&page=2)

I just straight-up tanked the Warden. No running around. No dodging. Just staying put, hitting and healing.

Man. That felt weird.

Cikomyr
2018-04-07, 03:08 PM
So i am building that: Tank Retaliation build (http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36239&page=2)

I just straight-up tanked the Warden. No running around. No dodging. Just staying put, hitting and healing.

Man. That felt weird.

You know when a build starts to gain traction?

So my main attack does 80-110 damage per hit.

My retaliation damage does 1400 damage 0_0

factotum
2018-04-08, 01:30 AM
The real problem is going to come when you're facing things that hit really hard, like the Port Valbury councillors, I suspect.

Cikomyr
2018-04-08, 08:31 AM
The real problem is going to come when you're facing things that hit really hard, like the Port Valbury councillors, I suspect.

These bosses are probably the only bosses who outright wiped my Cabalist's army. So "not able to stand up to Port Valbury's final bosses" is not exactly a standardized benchmark of success ;)

But you are right. However, the build focus on a lot of + health and + resistance skills, as well as healing skills. So its meant to be able to tank. Ill keep you posted! I just easily beat Cromley.

Cikomyr
2018-04-09, 10:10 AM
Just reached homestead. 5k of retaliation damage per pop now. Almost reached level 40, where i will don the Perdition set and have about 3000 extra retal.

I died once; in the Steps of Torments; against the upper-left hulk boss. Hes usually the SoT boss i have the most difficulty with.

Morty
2018-04-10, 02:21 PM
Why do scythes always seem to have more DPS than other two-handed weapons of the same level?

Avilan the Grey
2018-04-10, 02:29 PM
Why do scythes always seem to have more DPS than other two-handed weapons of the same level?

Because they're cool, I guess?

factotum
2018-04-10, 03:44 PM

I'm not sure they do? For example, a level 21 Troll Bonesmasher does 52-202 damage at Very Slow speed, whereas a level 22 Weathered Scythe does 55-178 damage, also Very Slow. Pretty sure the Bonesmasher has higher DPS than the scythe does, despite being lower level (which is why my melee character uses one).

Inarius
2018-04-10, 08:06 PM
It might be because your builds damage bonuses line up with the damage types of the scythes you've gotten? That's the only thing I can think of because for instance for my 2h lightning shaman all the scythes I've gotten do considerably less damage than the lightning oriented drops I've received.

Cikomyr
2018-04-11, 10:05 AM
It might be because your builds damage bonuses line up with the damage types of the scythes you've gotten? That's the only thing I can think of because for instance for my 2h lightning shaman all the scythes I've gotten do considerably less damage than the lightning oriented drops I've received.

Good point. Is the weapon's dps consider your bonuses?

If you have +10% damage to lightning, would a 5 dps lightning weapon show as 5.5?

Morty
2018-04-11, 10:19 AM
It's possible they benefit my build, such as it is, more. I'll check once I'm home, but right now I simply know that when I look at scythes in the store, they show an uptick in DPS compared to my two-handed sword.

factotum
2018-04-11, 10:24 AM
It's possible they benefit my build, such as it is, more. I'll check once I'm home, but right now I simply know that when I look at scythes in the store, they show an uptick in DPS compared to my two-handed sword.

The listed DPS will be including all the bonuses from your equipment and any active buffs when you check that, so it could well be that the scythes particularly suit however you've built your character, as suggested above. Swords tend to be lower damage but faster swinging than scythes, too, so they're probably more useful if your build has a lot of chance on hit or chance on attack effects.

Inarius
2018-04-12, 12:15 AM
Good point. Is the weapon's dps consider your bonuses?

If you have +10% damage to lightning, would a 5 dps lightning weapon show as 5.5?

Well its not just the bonus damage but damage conversion that can really affect your overall dps. Say you have a ton of + chaos damage from other gear and skills and you have a scythe that converts 50% of physical damage to chaos, then half the damage you deal will get boosted from your chaos buffs.

That's also why the higher tier weapon mods are way more powerful, because they typically convert 30% of damage done to their element vrs low tier mods which typically only convert 15%.

Cikomyr
2018-04-12, 06:00 AM
By the way, i have an Aether Ray arcanist who is starting to be weaker than i initially expected. Any suggestion for a 2nd mastery? Seems to me Arcanist is the only mastery with aether bonuses, so I was thinking going for survivability and health

Morty
2018-04-12, 08:37 AM
The scythes seem to have been a coincidence, since I soon found a more powerful greatsword and sledgehammer. I just happened to find scythes that were stronger than other weapons I had.

Murmaider
2018-04-12, 09:34 AM
By the way, i have an Aether Ray arcanist who is starting to be weaker than i initially expected. Any suggestion for a 2nd mastery? Seems to me Arcanist is the only mastery with aether bonuses, so I was thinking going for survivability and health

Necromancer has aether bonuses. Namely Spectral binding, which increases aether damage, offensive ability and health total.

Inquisitors can reduce enemy aether defense and increase their own aether defense, which is good against damage reflect. Inquisitor Seal is another great defensive tool, if you're doing a ranged build. And if you need more damage, Inquisitor has you covered with Deadly Aim.

Cikomyr
2018-04-12, 10:22 AM
Awesome, thanks!

Do +% lightning damage affect lightning turrets?

Murmaider
2018-04-12, 04:21 PM
Awesome, thanks!

Do +% lightning damage affect lightning turrets?

If a skill that summons something, has the words "Scales with Player Damage Bonuses", then it gets the normal benefit of your damage boosts, like any other skill. If it says "Scales with Pet Bonuses", it only profits from things under "Bonus to All Pets".

I'm not sure if that's what you were asking. Because, I don't know what you mean by "lightning turrets".

Cikomyr
2018-04-12, 11:29 PM
Storm Totem, thanks ;)

Cikomyr
2018-04-15, 05:46 PM
So you guys know the list of Honor-reputation faction quests?

I think its:

- Devil's Crossing: Origins of Sliths
- Rovers: Shrine of Mogdrogen
- Homestead: ????
- Black Legion: ????
- Kymon's Chosen: Kymon's Secret
- Order of the Death Vigil: ?????
- The Outcast: ???? (Is it the one that sends us to Port Valbury?)

There are probably new factions in the expansion that i dont know

factotum
2018-04-16, 01:53 AM
There are loads of quests that grant faction reputation? Killing the Warden as part of the main quest grants Devil's Crossing rep, for instance. I don't know if there's a full list on a wiki somewhere, though.

Cikomyr
2018-04-16, 05:10 AM
Nah, I meant quests thst unlock once you reach a certain reputation level with the faction.

Inarius
2018-04-17, 10:11 PM
Just a heads up for anyone who was on the fence earlier the game is on sale at GOG. Its 70% off for the base game and 20% off for the Ashes DLC.

Morty
2018-04-18, 01:45 PM
Of course the game goes on sale two weeks after I bought it for full price. But at least I nabbed the expansion and made my demolitionist/inquisitor. But now I need to respec her... too many redundant skills.

Cikomyr
2018-04-18, 05:49 PM
Of course the game goes on sale two weeks after I bought it for full price. But at least I nabbed the expansion and made my demolitionist/inquisitor. But now I need to respec her... too many redundant skills.

Dont fret too much about respecking. In fact, i recommend that about 90% of your first 6 levels be spent and focused solely on base starting skills so they become OP and you have fun wiping the early game. Eventually, pay the pittance of 2000 gold to take back all of these to boost the real advanced skills you lust after