PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Vitalist/Thrallherd ability questions

Miko_Kira
2018-03-23, 01:58 AM
I'm stuck on the idea of a Thrallherd, and I made one previously but the party petered out because the campaign became more and more about Giants and my GM was getting sick of it.

I'm planning on making another, but I'd like to utilize the Vitalist, and I'm curious if the "Transfer Wounds" ability scales with levels in Thrallherd. It says, in part of the class description it basically says that levels in adds the level of thrallherd to the level with whatever manifesting class the character has, when determining power points per day, powers known, and manifester level.

Does that mean a Vitalist 5/Thrallherd 2 would have Transfer Wounds 3d6?

Castilonium
2018-03-23, 04:29 AM
Nope!

At every level from 2nd through 9th, a thrallherd gains additional power points per day and access to new powers as if she had also gained a level in whatever manifesting class she belonged to before she added the prestige class. She does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained (bonus feats, metapsionic or item creation feats, and so on). This essentially means that she adds the level of thrallherd to the level of whatever manifesting class the character has, then determines power points per day, powers known, and manifester level accordingly.

Transfer Wounds is a class feature, not part of manifesting.

Psyren
2018-03-23, 10:51 AM
Adding to that response, the general rule in Pathfinder is that if a class feature scales with level, it defaults to your level in that specific class unless stated otherwise.

Miko_Kira
2018-03-23, 11:43 PM
So this means I have to determine how strong my Transfer Wounds ability needs to be, before I jump into Thrallherd.